Pistol in SotO? Rly, Anet?

Ram.5981

While the weaponmaster training sounds pretty cool (Sd/D Cata?, Hammer Weaver?), a pistol for ele's new weapon?  

Here's what I think Anet will give us: It'll be a melee range (like warrior) off hand, probably DPS focused.

Why can't we get something we've been asking for, a real range weapon, like a long bow (I'd even take the rifle at this point).

*Edit: strike out the off hand, because I can't read....

Edited by Ram.5981
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

Im fine with pistol, but would have preferred it for offhand.  Im not sure what kind of design space they want to fill up with mainhand pistol. Sword & scepter already provide great power & condi/hybrid dps. 

For offhand you've got an excellent option for power (dagger) and hybrid (warhorn), but not necessarily a condi focused offhand. Sure focus is currently standard pick for condi builds, but thats only due to the lack of proper alternatives right now. 

I did find it kinda weird how most of the specs seem to get a 2h weapon or both main and offhand whereas ele only gets the main hand... If you want to provide a full new skillbar then atleast be consistent to the other classes aswell 

Edited by the krytan assassin.9235
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

Don't worry, rangers got double mace dude... nothing can be worst than double maces on a ranged class...

Actually, Ranger does not stand for someone who is using a ranged weapons, but for one who is a keeper, or guardian of the forest. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Somewhat I'm happy to get a new weapon, to play sword or hammer on other e-specs; yet I expect it'll be kitten melee/mid-range pistol in practice and I feel sad we only get one while some of others classes with already large pool of weapons will get two-handed weapon or two weapons ... (guardian, warrior, mesmer, ranger ...)

"Yeah but you have 4 elements, dual skills ..."
Sure, pretty sure we'll get the same exact skills but with "burning/chill/weakness/cripple". 
Really feels like they just don't want to give effort, and so just pistol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Elementalist: Magical class that is one with nature controlling core elements of Fire, Water, Air and Earth. Weapon of choice: Industrially manifactured pistol 😭

If beaver dam, ant nests, bird nests are part of nature, so is industry.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Elementalist: Magical class that is one with nature controlling core elements of Fire, Water, Air and Earth. Weapon of choice: Industrially manifactured pistol 😭

There is a crazy amount of asura magitech, and sometimes other races' magitech, using elemental magic spread across the core game.

• Like 2

yeah pistol main hand is super disappointing... we already have mid range weapon in scepter and we are lacking decent offhand options so pistol main hand is pretty much last on the list (right next to mace) longbow would have been the best but nah who cares what the community wants...

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

yeah pistol main hand is super disappointing... we already have mid range weapon in scepter and we are lacking decent offhand options so pistol main hand is pretty much last on the list (right next to mace) longbow would have been the best but nah who cares what the community wants...

Eh. Focus is actually a fairly good defensive offhand, and warhorn should make for a good damage offhand to go with scepter or pistol now that it's being decoupled from Tempest.

Was disappointed about this as well

Scepter is relatively fast paced already in terms of activation even if there is a delay on hits, so a shortbow with DoTs and AoE/soft CC would have probably made more sense if a ranged weapon is the pick.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ram.5981 said:

Here's what I think Anet will give us: It'll be a melee range (like warrior) off hand, probably DPS focused.

• "Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)"

If only it was offhand at least, since elementalist still has no actual offhand ranged dps weapon (except warhorn which just spams aoes, worthless outside of raids/strikes).

15 hours ago, Ram.5981 said:

Why can't we get something we've been asking for, a real range weapon, like a long bow (I'd even take the rifle at this point).

I think the entire ele playerbase agrees , we've been asking for longbow/shortbow for next expansion since POF, because staff is so clunky and slow, so much that everyone could have sworn we would get one of those for EOD, if not double pistols, but then guess what, the hammer that no one asked for appears.
And now, out of all the things, we are going to have MAIN HAND PISTOL ? on the MAGE CLASS ? ? ?

Can't wait to walk around with a pistol in my main hand and a focus/warhorn in my offhand, sure as hell makes sense to me, or a pistol and a dagger pretending to be discount theif.

At least if it was double pistol, like guardian gets, but no, guess designing 8 extra skills (which are elementalist skills so more like 8 half-skills)  is too much of a headache now, but it wasn't when we got HAMMER OUT OF ALL THINGS, WAS IT NOW.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1