Pistol in SotO? Rly, Anet?

Ram.5981

4 hours ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:
  • "Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)"

*Yeah, I can't read and missed the whole part that said 'main hand'. I think I was so upset/disgusted after reading Pistol, the rest of the line just blacked out to me... lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

a while ago we asked for a longbow, a long-range weapon, as it is a MAGIC class. Or a buff on the staff, but the arenanet never listens to the players, plays anything and makes it so strong that it forces the players to play with what they like to make content. sad, elementalist died!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

This seems really bad. Ele scepter is one of the best 900 ranger weapons in the game. Why are you going to give us something to compete with it? Ele lacks 1200 range options. It is where we lack the most. Pistol is like Anet telling us that our class will always be handicapped compared to others.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Sporks.4395 said:

This seems really bad. Ele scepter is one of the best 900 ranger weapons in the game. Why are you going to give us something to compete with it? Ele lacks 1200  1500 range options. It is where we lack the most. Pistol is like Anet telling us that our class will always be handicapped compared to others.

there, i fixed it for you enough ranger monopoly on 1500 range i say!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I think this is extremely offensive for players, pistol has nothing to do with magic, especially when you are in a needy situation.

Since many years the Elementalist is the most problematic class, I dare say that since the launch of the game, and the worst of all is that Anet never listens to the players, they always invent something else to cover the hole and it never worked. Just look the first comment on this thread "We can leave a feedback, but are you going to listen?"

We have 3 magical classes and all of them can equip Staff and Scepter, the basic of any magical class

Elementalist is the only class that doesn't work with any of them, and not just that, Elementalist doesn't have a good ranged option, there's no elite spec to save from this (Like Mirage saved Mesmer' Staff), because every elite spec is melee focused. This is not an actual problem, there's been years that players are begging for fix Staff and ranged options.

Most players asked for an elite spec with a longbow, also expecting a staff buff for being long-range. But what does Anet bring? A hammer and a sword. 

Devs have been ignoring this issue for years, and the proof is that they announced a pistol as a new weapon.

Many years ago when I started playing GW2 I started with Elementalist, because I always play with mages, in the middle of the way I discovered that Elementalist is not a mage but a warrior that uses magic, in addition to the giant balance issues that are always present. The character was abandoned and playing I found that the Guardian, who is a warrior, is more mage than the Elementalist.

Edited by JohnWater.5760
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Its not an far-fech ideal that they will add in more weapons for the ele class now so maybe next time bow? Pistol seems like it should work well though i think an off hand pistol would added more to the class (all though not weaver so i can see why they chose main hand fist.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

For Elementalist, what will the pistol provide? A main-hand pistol might easily step on scepter's shoes as both generally offer midrange combat. I too wanted a longbow for Elementalist prior to EoD specs' announcements. I'm not against a gunslinger mage, as a pistol does sound cool, but that weapon sat low on my wishlist. 

Oh, I hope its range isn't ungodly like that of Catalyst's hammer. ;__;

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mirage.8046 said:

For Elementalist, what will the pistol provide? A main-hand pistol might easily step on scepter's shoes as both generally offer midrange combat. I too wanted a longbow for Elementalist prior to EoD specs' announcements. I'm not against a gunslinger mage, as a pistol does sound cool, but that weapon sat low on my wishlist. 

what pistol provides is copy paste of scepter except that now you have 100% projectiles that can be reflected and unless it's OP it will never be used over scepter........... LONGBOW on the other hand is supposed to fill the 1500 range niche that elementalist just doesn't have as it's a ranger monopoly that NEEDS TO STOP!!! GIVE US LONGBOW!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, mirage.8046 said:

And a longbow, as per the other common suggestion, could step on the staff's toes. What's your point? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Genesis.8572 said:

And a longbow, as per the other common suggestion, could step on the staff's toes. What's your point? 

staff 1200 range as per anet a support weapon... longbow 1500 range hopefully strong dps weapon... that's the point...

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

So we can finally use firearms to cast spells, just like the Inquests Technicians in Metrica Province and Peacemakers...

On a serious note Idk why they went with pistol on ele, rifle just has so much more potential for skillsets. Besides engineer and harbinger already fills that niche for pistol spellcasting, bladesworn's barely counts as one.

Edited by cyberzombie.7348
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2023 at 12:06 AM, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Im fine with pistol, but would have preferred it for offhand.  Im not sure what kind of design space they want to fill up with mainhand pistol. Sword & scepter already provide great power & condi/hybrid dps. 

For offhand you've got an excellent option for power (dagger) and hybrid (warhorn), but not necessarily a condi focused offhand. Sure focus is currently standard pick for condi builds, but thats only due to the lack of proper alternatives right now. 

I did find it kinda weird how most of the specs seem to get a 2h weapon or both main and offhand whereas ele only gets the main hand... If you want to provide a full new skillbar then atleast be consistent to the other classes aswell 

This so much.

Besides the condi damage space, elementalist does not have a true ranged off-hand weapon to go alongside scepter either, a niche that pistol could fill.

Scepter/Dagger doesn't work at all, warhorn is more of a midrange hybrid support weapon and while focus mostly matches the 900 range it is still very focused on options that suggest going melee like fire aura, both earth skills and is more loaded with utility otherwise rather than damage.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I am actually excited for pistol for ele. I never really did want a longbow with it. I am just not a fan of bows in general to be honest. Rifle would have been ok, but pistol is my preferred choice. Would I have preferred dual pistols with it? Yes. Do I get why they didn't do dual pistols though? Also, yes. Basically if they added off hand pistol now it would be 8 new skills plus the weaver one making it 12 I believe just for offhand pistol with pistol. So, P/P would would have been like 30+ new skills having to be made for it to work. So, I get why they didn't go that route.

Now, I do hope in the future though we get off hand pistol for them when it is less work on their plate, but for now I am content with just main hand pistol.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2