Relics.... Do I have to PVE Grind?

Am I missing something because I do not see any reliable and set information. 

I am asking because of this:

I work 10 hour shifts. I work 6 days a week. I have other duties when not at work.

I hate pve. I only want to WvW.

Am I going to have to spend my very limited time pve grinding just to get what I already have? 

If so, then no. I am not going to waste my limited time just to get something I already have, that will be taken away, just so I have to grind for it again. 

Besides.... with all the pve i already had to do, I think I have earned the right to play for fun instead being forced to do redo the things I hate. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

This is an important question indeed.

Many runes have duplicate stats so there is no way around basically removing all existing runes and putting in new runes with new names.

I would hope that runes just get auto-removed from gear and we have some kind of exchange vendor where we can trade our "rune tokens" for relics and runes respectively.

Personally I would definitely loathe having to farm monk, nightmare and sanctuary relics again and I'm mainly playing PvE.

• Like 6

Relics are what concerns me most about the expansion. I primarily play WvW and don't tend to play or enjoy PvE. The majority of the new content doesn't interest me, which would be fine if I could ignore it. However depending on how relics are implemented that may not be possible to do and remain competitive. My three main worries are that stronger relics will be locked behind the expansion, not all relics will be obtainable through WvW, and that excessive grinding will be required to get relics. 

• Like 5

I'm in the same boat, WvW only player. Historically anet have been pretty good at accommodating us through the testimonies of heroics currencies, we were able to get the HoT and PoF runes and sigils this way and all the elite specs. Though it took them a long time to add dragons and ritualist stats from EoD to the mist trinkets etc. I'd wager they will forget about us, so we have to grind PvE then a year down the line we will get the option to buy them from the vendor. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, connor.2180 said:

I'm in the same boat, WvW only player. Historically anet have been pretty good at accommodating us through the testimonies of heroics currencies, we were able to get the HoT and PoF runes and sigils this way and all the elite specs. Though it took them a long time to add dragons and ritualist stats from EoD to the mist trinkets etc. I'd wager they will forget about us, so we have to grind PvE then a year down the line we will get the option to buy them from the vendor. 

Pretty much this

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Grind is content and ANet aparently doesn't value its players time anymore. So yes. I think there will be lots of grind.

Oh now mister raider .... we are sorry you have to grind ...

"Generally, you’ll be able to get relics through crafting, instanced content like Fractals of the Mists and Strike Missions, reward tracks, achievements, and more"

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Oh now mister raider .... we are sorry you have to grind ...

"Generally, you’ll be able to get relics through crafting, instanced content like Fractals of the Mists and Strike Missions, reward tracks, achievements, and more"

What people are afraid of and imo reasonably so is having to grind dungeons for the 6th rune boni currently only available from dungeon runes. If you couldn't craft monk relics but have to do dungeons again just because your monk runes are no longer monk runes but only stats. And they are unfortunately BiS for about any healing-focused build so everyone that is invested in WvW or endgame PvE content will have farmed dungeons just to complete those sets.

• Like 1

If you have full 6 rune set than it's relic should be given to you by default and most likely, will.

Remember relics are not xpac feature - they are a core game system change.
Forcing players to re-grind for what they already earned would be against the game's core policy of not invalidating what you already earned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Grind is content and ANet aparently doesn't value its players time anymore. So yes. I think there will be lots of grind.

That's ok! They've yet to justify their 3rd expansion (EoD) that I still haven't bought!

Edited by JTGuevara.9018
typo
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

If you have full 6 rune set than it's relic should be given to you by default and most likely, will.

From the announcement of the changes to the combat: "To celebrate the new system, we’ll distribute a relic selection box to all players at launch." A relic selection box sounds like one to me, I have six characters.

4 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Forcing players to re-grind for what they already earned would be against the game's core policy of not invalidating what you already earned.

Totally agree. I hope I get six relic selection boxes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I am super excited for this change, to be honest 😃... unless ANet handles the Rune/Relic split as poorly as they handled Build & Equipment "Templates" (with the exception of the addition of a Legendary Armory, which is a true QoL giver).

Let's wait and see what further news @Rubi Bayer.8493 has to share (as promised in one of the other threads). The whole Rune/Relic Update announcement seems to have gotten a lot of people's knickers in a twist. 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/28/2023 at 7:00 AM, Jitters.9401 said:

Am I missing something because I do not see any reliable and set information. 

I am asking because of this:

I work 10 hour shifts. I work 6 days a week. I have other duties when not at work.

I hate pve. I only want to WvW.

There's no reason to think you can't TP relics or that they'd be prohibitively expensive.

Even if you do nothing but WvW you'd still likely make more than enough gold to get them.

Now if this turns out to not be true then ANET will have dropped the ball.

4 minutes ago, DeathPanel.8362 said:

There's no reason to think you can't TP relics or that they'd be prohibitively expensive.

Even if you do nothing but WvW you'd still likely make more than enough gold to get them.

Now if this turns out to not be true then ANET will have dropped the ball.

I expect not all relics will be tradeable. Kind of like how runes are currently. I think it's likely that quite a few will have to be farmed.

13 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Remember relics are not xpac feature - they are a core game system change.

Given that I'm not sure they even remembered legendary runes existed and are currently trying to figure out what to do about them, I wouldnt assume anything about acquiring anything automatically.  

• Like 1