June 27 Balance Follow-Ups

Cal Cohen.2358

7 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

Yeah, sure. I suggest you to bring an ArenaNet's Community Manager here to confirm what you are saying. Oh, I forgot, there isn't community managers anymore and Rubi is more a Senior Content Marketing Strategist than a relay for the suggestions of the players. Besides that, anyone here can say to me when happened the last Guild Chat ?

They do not have to confirm anything. I do however agree that guild chats could be more frequent. But poor communication does not mean they do not listen and don’t read our complaints and suggestions. 

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Anet was never big on communication but after IBS they stopped entirely, except for the occasional blogpost. More dev interactions would go a long way showing the community that there is a dev team and they didn't ditch us for side projects.. again.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Anvar.5673 said:

GW2 Efficiency is used by most of veterans players, not casuals. You can estimate that the statistics are even worse for the majority of the players. But why are you complaning ? Stop complaining, be happy.

I use GW2E and I'm as casual as you can get.  Again, you seem to want to speak for players other than yourself to validate your arguments.  That's not how that works.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

GW2 Efficiency is used by most of veterans players, not casuals. You can estimate that the statistics are even worse for the majority of the players. But why are you complaning ? Stop complaining, be happy.

You can't be a Veteran and a casual player?  News to me.  (Be aware: casual players use gw2efficiency as well.)

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Freya.9075 said:

Gw2 efficiency is used by few players. It is not accurate when it comes to statistics. You need a better source. I’ll keep waiting 

This 100 %

With the weapon changes and new combos, you can make i fear the famous Anet Nerf hammer because of Pvper's complaints too. Find a way to just do your nerfs in pvp and leave pve alone for a change.

Edited by wmtyrance.3571
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I use GW2E and I'm as casual as you can get.  Again, you seem to want to speak for players other than yourself to validate your arguments.  That's not how that works.

Oh no, I don't care about players opinions. I only give value on facts. There are real statistics about the popularity of some game modes:

• The statistics of GW2 Efficiency.
  • The developers' statistics: spoiler, there are not any.

On the facts, GW2 Efficiency is closer of the reality that what has been communicated to us.

It's interesting to see that the only argument used by a lot of people here to prevent people to expressing themselves is just "you speak for us but you are not us, blablabla". I honestly don't care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Cite your proof for this statement, please.

No, for once, you cite your proof, or better: developpers cite their proofs. Why it should always be in one way ? My proof is GW2 Efficiency, that's all. Some people will agree, some disagree and that's ok since there aren't any monthly official reports to contradict me.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

5 hours ago, Androx.8572 said:

After the recent changes made, the majority of the community is now upset.

Arena Net's prescence in twitter, gw2 forums and email support is barely existant.

We recently paid for a weird expansion that instead of  be bringing us joy, has furthermore made the current state of in-game life a garbage mess.

But Arena Net is absent regarding back day unresloved messes in terms of class balance , And is absent today with the current mess they made out of new patches. And sadly these descisions made by the current developers are completely making a waste  of your time spent in game and money.

We want Arena Net to do something about the weird silence and actually talk to us. , and even more, Do something about your class developers, they are upsetting ALL of your clients, and belive me , that is bad for business.

So why are you giving mixed signals to Anet mate.

If you are unhappy with the game and expansion why on earth would you preorder the expansion?

That give the signal that all is ok keep doing what your doing.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

No, for once, you cite your proof, or better: developpers cite their proofs. Why it should always be in one way ? My proof is GW2 Efficiency, that's all. Some people will agree, some disagree and that's ok since there aren't any monthly official reports to contradict me.

I don't need to cite anything.  You're the one making the argument.  The standard of proof lies with you. 

And the devs have nothing to do with GW2E which is what I was asking you to prove.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

So why are you giving mixed signals to Anet mate.

If you are unhappy with the game and expansion why on earth would you preorder the expansion?

That give the signal that all is ok keep doing what your doing.

I've decided I'm not buying it. I bought Diablo IV instead (which...in my case says a lot when I haven't bought anything but FFXIV and GW2 in five years, and SotO was so disheartening that I turned to a kitten Blizzard release, if only to have the comfort of current, to-date design and support).

Maybe if SotO makes sense in the context of...whatever future vision the developers think they are building...and this GW2.0 makes more cohesive sense as its own thing in a few years, I may buy it. But given the context as it exists now, I would be insane to buy in. If GW2 were a romantic relationship, this would be the point where I look back on several years of us never being on the same page and saying "okay, staying with you is only going to increase our tensions/conflicts". You cite irreconcilable differences, you make the needed space, and you table the idea that maybe the relationship could be revisited after they get their kitten together.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 6
  • Confused 5

19 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

I'm a Veteran Casual.🫠

• Like 1

Please decouple alacrity generation on druid from CA. I like some people's suggestions for making it apply on Regen application. Druid can spam out a lot of regen with different skills. This would be nice. Doing it on blasts works too for druid. 

I also think the spirits needs higher boon uptime, and a slight increase in the timer until they set off their blasts. It should blast 1.5-2 seconds after placing down. IMO. This allows you to place down 2 and more reliably get a water field down in time for the blasts to go off. I'd say each spirit should give 50% uptime on their respective boons. So with full boon duration you can cap on your spirit boons. 

Basically, some more boons durations on spirits, and decouple alacrity from CA, so CA can still be used as an emergency heal mode and not just cycling sustain with boon spam. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

I do not use it. As many others don’t use it, so not a valid argument. If you claim majority of the players complain, you need statistics of all the players to make your claims.

What am I complaining about? I’m curious 

That's not how statistics work though. You don't need to ask EVERYONE to get data about the true value. It needs to be a representative sample population and big enough. You can safely assume that for GW2 Efficiency both requirements are met, therefore we can assume it's representative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

"We all know" 

For the love of Baltazar. Stop speaking in other people's name. 

THANKS. 

He's speaking for me, too. And probably for many others as well judging from the likes beneath his post.

He has been granted permission to use WE.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

19 minutes ago, Orcdoc.8901 said:

That's not how statistics work though. You don't need to ask EVERYONE to get data about the true value. It needs to be a representative sample population and big enough. You can safely assume that for GW2 Efficiency both requirements are met, therefore we can assume it's representative.

You're right about not needing to ask everyone, and that samples need to be of sufficient size for the confidence level required etc., and also representative.  The sample size is usually a pretty low bar - this is most often below 1000. 

However, although the sample size (all of GW2E, so massively more than what'd be required) would be fine, it's a clear example of a self-selected sample, so can't be taken to be representative.

Players decide whether or not their own data gets added to GW2E by inputting their API key, so self-selection bias remains an issue if one wants to draw valid conclusions from GW2E about the playerbase of GW2 as a whole.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Orcdoc.8901 said:

I'd like to respectfully point out that your conclusion of GW2 being representative is based on assumption it is representative. I'm very sorry, but that's not how it works.

No. Gw2effficiency is, unfortunately, a biased sample. And to make things worse, we can't even estimate that bias (or rather biases, because there's more than one) in order to try to correct it. As such, even though it is used as "data" in different discussions quite often (because it's practically the only dataset we have access to), deriving any constructive info from it is... let's say, a challenging proposal.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1