the legendary armory actually eats my sigil if i unequip?

so if i have a legendary in the armor, equip it, and then unequip it for another weapon.....it removes the stats, trans mutation, and sigil?

that's awful, that's literally worse than the old way of just having it in my inventory , it's so inconvenient and actually eats my sigils?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PepeLePewPew.2107 said:

Check that you might have it equipped in another build using that sigil.  

am i mistaken? does it not eat my legendaries? i don't change "builds" i just euqip and unequip weapons directly in my inventory, but with legendaries i have to go into the tab and equip them, its so inconvenient

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

You should lose nothing. If the upgrades aren't showing up in your inventory, that means you still have it equipped in another build.  Once it's unequipped from all builds, everything will show up in your bag.  Of course, you will have to reselect stats and upgrades when you re-equip the legendary.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

am i mistaken? does it not eat my legendaries? i don't change "builds" i just euqip and unequip weapons directly in my inventory, but with legendaries i have to go into the tab and equip them, its so inconvenient

They get unequipped, which is really, really annoying as it means you have to redo everything when you change a Legendary weapon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

They get unequipped, which is really, really annoying as it means you have to redo everything when you change a Legendary weapon.

Why do you think templates are monetized? 😶

The point here is that you dont unequip legendary gear. You either flip to a new template which has the full setup you want or you dont use legendaries for gear you frequently unequip. When you do this, the system work perfectly fine. When you dont do this, it become annoying so you want more templates hint hint nudge nudge you made a legendary we know you're loaded.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Why do you think templates are monetized? 😶

Even if there were no templates available for buying people would still have three and given the incompetency shown on numerous other things than Anet does I would rather attribute this to incompetence than malice.

2 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "eats" but if you unequip a weapon the transmutation and sigil are removed, but the sigil is not destroyed. I get the feeling that you don't mean "destroyed" though considering the rest of the conversation so I'll go with that.

It does add a level of inconvenience of course when having to redo the weapon with the same stuff on it. I wonder if Anet could add something where, when you double click on another weapon in your legendary armory that you want to replace the current weapon with,  you get a pop-up with the option to keep the same stats, infusion(s) and sigil. That would be nice. Oh and in the pop-up give three options: with those things, without those things and cancel. That would take care of accidentally replacing weapons when you don't want to. I might've done that once or twice (cough).

25 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

Even if there were no templates available for buying people would still have three and given the incompetency shown on numerous other things than Anet does I would rather attribute this to incompetence than malice.

It is incompetence. Armory is in itself something that was made to make Legendaries passably useful with template system - before armory it was even worse. They just did not test legendaries with template system before its release.

It's just one of many ways in which the template system is subpar.

And as for "eating" stuff - yes, when you equip a legendary once, it does disappear from inventory and gets transferred to Legendary Armory. This includes legendary runes, and it's irreversible.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

The Legendary armory does not destroy Sigils or Runes

When you unquip a peice of legendary equipment (be that a Weapon or Armor peice), and Sigils or Runes currently equiped to that equipment will be deposited back into your inventory, with the following Exception: if the Sigil or Rune is being shared across another equipment Template, then the Sigil or Rune will remain equiped to that equipment.

as an Example, if i have 2 equipment templates for a Thief, one for a Deadeye, and one for a Specter, and own a legendary Rifle, and a Legendary Scepter; I can Share a Sigil of Force across both templates.
If i unequip the legendary rifle from the deadeye template, the Sigil of force IS NOT returned to my inventory, but will remain in Specters equipment tempate, equiped to the legendary Scepter.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It is incompetence. Armory is in itself something that was made to make Legendaries passably useful with template system - before armory it was even worse. They just did not test legendaries with template system before its release.

Thanks for confirming.

4 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

For this reason I have also ascended weapons to quickly switch weapons depending on the situation when I don't need to switch templates/builds. I only use legy weapons for weapon types that I don't typically swap weapons.

8 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

so if i have a legendary in the armor, equip it, and then unequip it for another weapon.....it removes the stats, trans mutation, and sigil?

that's awful, that's literally worse than the old way of just having it in my inventory , it's so inconvenient and actually eats my sigils?

yes so you no longer have the different cosplay looks for different gear sets. If you want that you have to buy more template slots for each character and that's just a temp fix solution for the loss. I mean they could do something like ESO and give you multiple cosplay overlays kinda like 1 click gw2 outfits but that still would cost you gems/money for something you had before for free.

but that is the marketing strategy of SotO rebundle LW into Xpacs so hey it could happen. 😕

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

It doesn't "eat" your sigils. They get placed in the Legendary Armory lefthanded side of your Equipment window. The sigil only gets "spit out" into your inventory when (a) it is not currently equipped in another Equipment tab and (b) it is not a Legendary Sigil (because those remain in the Legendary Armory, to which all your characters have access, by the way).

9 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

I agree that it is more time-consuming in many cases, but in general the benefits outweight the negative impact this has.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I agree that it is more time-consuming in many cases, but in general the benefits outweight the negative impact this has.

I have done a fair amount of weapon-switching as I work through achievements, and fail to see the benefits... Game design has presumably decided that more often than not, users want to strip their weapons of runes, infusion and stats so they can be reset; I guess in those cases it saves a couple of clicks... But it costs me those clicks to revert to something that I didn't want changed (and at the expense of inventory slots). 

I would have preferred a personal system setting as an option to decide on how to manage that behavior, or else at least a prompt on unequip to ask if you want your gear stripped... That would be one-click for everyone; seems like a reasonable compromise...

• Sad 1

Just now, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

I have done a fair amount of weapon-switching as I work through achievements, and fail to see the benefits...

Yes, with only one or two equipment tabs, it is a pain in the behind. But this system was obviously deliberately designed this way so that people will buy additional equipment tabs. 🤔

14 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

exactly, it is literally worse than just having the weapon in my inventory and double clicking it. so much more effort

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It doesn't "eat" your sigils. The sigil only gets "spit out" into your inventory when (a) it is not currently equipped in another Equipment tab and (b) it is not a Legendary Sigil

In this case you shouldn't use "a" and "b" because it sounds like those cannot happen at the same time. In this case, Legendary Equipment never goes back to your inventory, even if they're not part of a Template. In this case "a" isn't necessary since this topic is simply about Legendary Equipment.

For those who do not understand the Legendary Armory, the Armory is treated as a pseudo equipment bank. Any Legendary Equipment you unlock is stored there. The stats you select for it are not saved with it if you unequip them or change weapons. They cannot be put into your Character's Bag Inventory at any point.

If you want to change stats very quickly, they expect you to use Templates. It's unfortunate that stats for unequipped Legendaries are not saved per current template, even if you unequip the weapon, but I don't see them changing this.  For one, you can have multiple of each Legendary item, up to a cap, and you cannot distinguish between them or select specific pieces out of that pile.  For two, they'd rather you just purchase more Templates.

Edited by Rukario.1695
  • Confused 1

On 7/20/2023 at 7:55 AM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

Apparently the system lacks. Wanted to move a bow from equipment set 2 to equipment set 1 and lost it in the process. Means I had to assemble it all again.

Considering all the great conveniences the legendary system offers, this is strange behavior. Happens even without warning. And in all other cases, Anet pretty much always warns.

First time it happened I didn't even remember anymore what sigils and stats the weapon actually had. xD Since I didn't expect that.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Sad 1