11th Anniversary...??? [Merged]

4 minutes ago, methozbbf.1928 said:

So? Why are there no discounts, specials, etc.?

There are? Have you seen the vouchers that are on sale for some of the cosmetics and musical instruments? And usually they run a selection for around 4 weeks. It just happens to coincide with soto release this time around. What are you expecting from specials and discounts?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, methozbbf.1928 said:

So? Why are there no discounts, specials, etc.?

15th Aug gem store announcement:

We’re refreshing our seasonal selection of Mount Adoption Licenses and Packs with a 20% discount starting this Friday. Some of the incredible discounted items include the New Horizons Mount Select License, Shiverpeaks Mount Pack, Canthan Cuckoo Springer Mounts Pack, and more!

Returning This Week
Bag Slot Expansions are 20% off until August 28. Get all the space you need!

22nd August announcement:

Free Black Lion Chest Key and Revive Orb

Hop into Guild Wars 2 and obtain these free goodies from the Gem Store—available until September 11!

What’s in Stock

We’re refreshing our seasonal selection of mount and skiff skins with a 20% discount starting this Friday. Some of the incredible discounted items include the Fluffy Samoyed Jackal Skin, Plush Raptor Skin, Lunar Maned Skyscale Skin, Floating Lantern Skiff Skin, and more!

Returning This Week

As summer winds down, we have some hot deals for you: Black Lion Outfit Vouchers, Black Lion Chair Vouchers, Black Lion Glider Vouchers, and Black Lion Musical Instrument Vouchers are 25% off until August 28. Also, Black Lion Instant Level 80 Tickets plus all Living World seasons and episodes are 20% off until September 4. Don’t miss out!

Today (28th) announcement:

What’s in Stock

We’re refreshing our seasonal selection of finishers and lounge passes with a 20% discount starting this Friday. Some of the incredible discounted items include the Permanent Super Explosive Finisher, Thousand Seas Pavilion Pass, Permanent Minstrel Finisher, Captain’s Airship Pass, and more!

Reminder: Free Black Lion Chest Key and Revive Orb

If you haven’t picked up your free Black Lion Chest Key and Revive Orb from the Gem Store, grab them today! This offer will only be available until September 11.

Returning This Week

Black Lion Garden Plot Deeds, Home Portal Stones, and home instance nodes and node packs are 25% off until September 4. Black Lion Chest Keys, Transmutation Charges, Total Makeover Kits, Self-Style Hair Kits, and Name Change Contracts are 20% off until September 11.

Infinite Skyscale Gathering Tools, Infinite Glacial Gathering Tools, Infinite Elemental Gathering Tools, Infinite Cosmic Gathering Tools, and Infinite Choya Gathering Tools are all discounted until September 11! Each gathering tool pack will include three new Black Lion Glyph Selection Containers that allow you to choose any of the existing glyphs. Don’t miss out on these amazing discounts!

---
So across the last two weeks and this week theres:

• Free black lion key & revive orb
  • 20% off bag slots, level 80 boosts, characters slots
  • 20% off mount adoption licences and packs
  • 20% off stand-alone mount skins and skiffs
  • 20% off finishers
  • 20% off lounge passes
  • 20% off black lion keys
  • 20% off makeover & self-styled hair kits
  • 20% off name change contracts
  • 25% off black lion outfit, chair, glider & musical instrument vouchers
  • 25% off black lion garden plot deeds and home instance portal stones
  • 20% off all Living World seasons
  • Unspecified discount on infinite gathering tools

There were other sales before that (I know bank tabs were discounted at the start of August), but you can look through the news articles if you want the full list. There's also been a few new items and a new supply drop.

They may not have included the words 'anniversary sale' in the announcements, but it's still a sale around the time of the anniversary. I doubt they'd have included more or different things if they'd changed the wording on the announcements.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2023 at 4:10 PM, noeling.2130 said:

Please continue giving out titles for 11th birthday and beyond...I am so sad to not get a new title 😭 Playing all this time for no recognition...

What you get ingame is "for playing", birthday gift is basically for... not deleting your first character.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Rubi hasn't replied (probably busy) but they need to at least address it along the lines of "Birthday's Going Forward..." and tell us their reasoning which is okay on paper; more tokens to get the really nice food, utility and banner feasts WHICH is what birthdays are all about- celebrating with each other. But we shouldn't have to pull a muscle pondering this- just tell us...

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Rubi hasn't replied (probably busy) but they need to at least address it along the lines of "Birthday's Going Forward..." and tell us their reasoning which is okay on paper; more tokens to get the really nice food, utility and banner feasts WHICH is what birthdays are all about- celebrating with each other. But we shouldn't have to pull a muscle pondering this- just tell us...

Nothing to pull here. All you have to do is not delete your oldest character, it's not like anyone here goes out of their way to somehow "go for the next birthday gift". For now you're just fine accepting that the future gifts won't change and if one day you'll be surprised then you'll be surprised. Probably won't though.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

On 9/1/2023 at 2:02 PM, Tiamat.8254 said:

If you can justify why 11th anniversary is so special in gw2 then I will find a way to help you harass the forum for better anniversary rewards. Until then, it's not particularly special milestone. 

I’m picturing a stern mother saying this to her 11 year old boy. She looks like Meryl Streep in Devil Wears Prada, and he’s wearing an uncomfortable boarding school uniform. They’re in a pristine, elegant living room done in various shades of off-white. A little shine in the corners of his eyes are the only indication of his emotion as he exhibits the self control that has been drilled into him.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/1/2023 at 2:02 PM, Tiamat.8254 said:

If you can justify why 11th anniversary is so special in gw2 then I will find a way to help you harass the forum for better anniversary rewards. Until then, it's not particularly special milestone. 

Just the fact that this game is still going after 11 years should be more than enough to satisfy this requirement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

The 11th birthday gift was extremely disappointing.  Not even an unique title was given??? Like, a title!? Why not?????

They could've atleast give us something rather than... nothing.

It is almost like they never thought we would reach 11 years hu

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

The 11th birthday gift was extremely disappointing.  Not even an unique title was given??? Like, a title!? Why not?????

If you didn't get anything for 11th birthday, it's a bug and I think you should contact support. 

But if you got....
  Proof of Legend (5)
  Dragon Decade Weapon Pack (2) (guaranteed)
  Anniversary Weapon Pack (2) (guaranteed)
  Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock (guaranteed)
  Delectable Birthday Dyes (guaranteed)
                            +
  Birthday Booster (2) (guaranteed)
  Teleport to Friend (5) (guaranteed)
  Bag of Spirit Shards (guaranteed)
  Birthday Card (guaranteed)
  Black Lion Statuette (2) (guaranteed)
  Proof of Legend (guaranteed)

...then you didn't get "nothing". Title would be easy to add, true -but personally I couldn't care less about those. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:10 PM, Counter Terrorist.7421 said:

Don't think so maybe they split sigils into some new system causing legendary sigils to give stats and add a new legendary grail to give effects on weapon swap and such.

Please don't remind them of ideas they likely already thought of.

14 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

i wonder if, depressingly and allegedly, only a very small amount of people reach accounts of that age so they don't really wish to invest dev time into bdays anymore.

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 12:37 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

If you didn't get anything for 11th birthday, it's a bug and I think you should contact support. 

But if you got....
  Proof of Legend (5)
  Dragon Decade Weapon Pack (2) (guaranteed)
  Anniversary Weapon Pack (2) (guaranteed)
  Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock (guaranteed)
  Delectable Birthday Dyes (guaranteed)
                            +
  Birthday Booster (2) (guaranteed)
  Teleport to Friend (5) (guaranteed)
  Bag of Spirit Shards (guaranteed)
  Birthday Card (guaranteed)
  Black Lion Statuette (2) (guaranteed)
  Proof of Legend (guaranteed)

...then you didn't get "nothing". Title would be easy to add, true -but personally I couldn't care less about those. 🤷‍♂️ 

That's super true ... we did get something, but for me none of that is as fun as the new title.  I am weird that way.  I like "flexing" that I have been playing the game since day one.  It's the gift that keeps on giving until the next birthday.  I am super into titles.  More then a bunch of skins I don't plan to ever use.  

Don't get me wrong ... I'm not complaining about what they give .... it's nice to get anything at all .... but personally I would rather have gotten JUST the 11 year title (and the birthday dye) then everything else.  

Finding out what the new title was every birthday (my birthday in real life is August 24th) was something I was always super excited for .... the other stuff is .... eh.  This birthday I was so crazy bummed....I still am.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, HotDelirium.7984 said:

i wonder if, depressingly and allegedly, only a very small amount of people reach accounts of that age so they don't really wish to invest dev time into bdays anymore.

So sad .... but I bet you are right. 

Sadder yet .... I am still hoping (stupidly as I know it's CRAZY unlikely) that Anet will recognize how hurt many of their most loyal customers are and retroactively create our title. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2