Ranger is new signet cata - it gotta be balanced/nerfed next.

Babylon.8972

21 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

If Grimjack beats you with a Weaver, does that mean Weaver is overperforming?

Yes, because that was used an excuse several times for the Ele situation. Grimjack even had to step in and pointed crap out because of this dumb argument I'm not flipping back through ten pages of bull, but it was definitely used as an excuse

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

And you are using super casual barely play the game arguments. Literally anyone who's played this game avidly for any time frame at all, would inarguably understand why condi tanks hard counter no cleanse power rangers. A team of 5 melee Soulbeasts vs. a bunch of Condiserks & Condi Heralds would get tripled capped so fast, game would be over before it started. If you don't understand why this is, you don't know the game as well as you think you do.

No.

This is all hyperbole agenda to try and forum war ranger into big nerfs because vengeful over ele nerfs.

You know what? I'm not the guy who devised, programmed, and uploaded the patch to nerf your signets. Get over it man.

Why are you theory crafting team match ups? Stop doing that please. In ranked, where most people play, lets keep the arguments there? nobody is running 5x SB or 5X sb counters... the game is rock paper scissors, so you could litterally apply that same bs theory craft to any spec, its a lame argument.

I don't have an agenda, I didn't play condi cata, and Im not trying to get SB nerfed into the ground. What I am doing, is having an unbais opinion on the lower effort higher reward of SB in applying faceroll dmg. Can you get into that?, lets compare it to power cata, as the benchmark.

I can even start it off. Where were all the average power catas? nowhere, nobody played it for long (aside from actual pros), so basically the majority of the playerbase faced newb catas 99/100 times, and even those were rare. It was only until condi cata came along (which is essentially easier than power necro) that many people started playing condi cata. Power cata was uncommon as hell, and you know kitten well why. SB is now common as hell, just like condi cata was, and you know kitten well why.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Yes, because that was used an excuse several times for the Ele situation. Grimjack even had to step in and pointed crap out because of this dumb argument I'm not flipping back through ten pages of bull, but it was definitely used as an excuse

Did you just say that Weaver is overperforming?

9 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I don't have an agenda

I actually don't think you play the game much if at all. You arguments tend to be assumption & philosophy based rather than "in the moment what's actually going on in-game" based.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Just now, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I actually don't think you play the game much if at all. You arguments tend to be assumption & philosophy based rather than "in the moment what's actually going on in-game" based.

What?

How?

I literally just said the thing you just quoted about using high end players to express the fact that a spec is overperforming. People have used Grimjack as the reason that not only Cata was performing but dumb statements like Weaver and Core Ele was over performing as well. Did you not read at all?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

44 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

I literally just said the thing you just quoted about using high end players to express the fact that a spec is overperforming.

You missed the point bud.

The point there was to reference a class specialization that clearly is not overperforming "Weaver", to stress the point made.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

18 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

lets compare it to power cata, as the benchmark.

You mean the spec that has been a staple part of the pvp meta for like a year now and continues to be strong even after lots of nerfs, because it was just that op?

If that's the benchmark (i don't think it should be), then melee slb, which has been strong for like a week now, definitely doesn't need nerfs.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Nowhere?...this build is just another Pvp gimmick not played anywhere else and subsequent nerfs nobody also would care about....the whole ranger class atm is like..."meh", I play it now because I had for years now but...I am a multi-main player and ranger right now is not something I would recommend to anyone..not even my worst enemy. Investing in a ranger in 2023 is truly a waste of precious time, the classes to play moving forward are:

1) Guardian

2) Revenant

3) Necromancer

4) Engineer

Lol ranger may not be a top pick but it's not that bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Spellhunter.9675 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 I have a question for you.

Imagine I have 5 skills. And I need to land only 2 to kill someone. While that "someone" has 2 dodges. Am I balanced?
I desperately want to see "yes" or "no", but not you typical 5000 words novel about weak ranger because of cata, condibunkers and "cartel".

Think almost every class in gw2 has meme build on one of its specs that can down someone from full to 0 hp in secs, ud be deluding urself to believe otherwise, rangers no exception.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Na, sounds like you are just avoiding the conversation.

25 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

You mean the spec that has been a staple part of the pvp meta for like a year now and continues to be strong even after lots of nerfs, because it was just that op?

If that's the benchmark (i don't think it should be), then melee slb, which has been strong for like a week now, definitely doesn't need nerfs.

Power cata is obviosuly effective, but it also has a high skill floor. That should be the basis of any well performing spec. Or do you think power necro/SPB desrves to be S-tier? I guess so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

I also want to point out, Bad Design-Toxic Design Professions can never be replaced unless removed.

Ranger Profession can never be the new cata because it is not a Bad Design, Toxic Design Profession.

Therefore, this whole thread about Ranger Profession being the next cats is an insult to Thief Profession, Warrior Profession, Mesmer Profession, Willbender Profession, Elementalist Profession, Thief Profession 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/26/2023 at 10:04 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

mediocre at best in higher tiered play such as the final rounds of ATs, but it has the same problem ranger always has, and that is that it is a noob stomper vs. l2p issues in middle to lower tiers and too easy to use in those tiers

I don't think you are aware of the fact that this build was tested several times in scrims w/c one would consider 'higher tiered play' as these were a mix of veteran players coming from USA, r55, Worms, etc.. to begin with, that is why it became popular and seen play in MAT. The reason Team USA nor the 2nd place in NA didn't play it in MAT is because both teams had no one that plays soulbeast and there was probably not enough time to practice it and be good at it in just a few days. The only top player that could play ranger well against other top players was banned which is why USA had no ranger this time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Magizen.7842 said:

I don't think you are aware of the fact that this build was tested several times in scrims w/c one would consider 'higher tiered play' as these were a mix of veteran players coming from USA, r55, Worms, etc.. to begin with, that is why it became popular and seen play in MAT. The reason Team USA nor the 2nd place in NA didn't play it in MAT is because both teams had no one that plays soulbeast and there was probably not enough time to practice it and be good at it in just a few days. The only top player that could play ranger well against other top players was banned which is why USA had no ranger this time.

Ive read a lot of his posts and he simply hates ele for being good, and now defends SB for being too strong, then projects hard AF onto others, calling them bias to the spec they play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Magizen.7842 said:

I doubt this as there are plenty of ppl on NA good enough for that role

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I doubt this as there are plenty of ppl on NA good enough for that role

Like who? They are certainly not in this thread right now that's for sure. And whoever else you have in mind do you genuinely believe the NA finalists, especially USA, would think they're good enough for that role because I can assure you they only see 1 ranger in NA and he's banned.

• Confused 3

Idk what this thread has devolved into. It’s not signet cata op, but it’s doing too much damage. Pull+immobilize into a 10k maul is not okay at any level of play. Hitting someone with wh4 from stealth and getting rewarded with either 10k+damage or a free 2 dodge rolls/a defensive cd is manageable but really limits builds that can play well into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Magizen.7842 said:

Like who? They are certainly not in this thread right now that's for sure. And whoever else you have in mind do you genuinely believe the NA finalists, especially USA, would think they're good enough for that role because I can assure you they only see 1 ranger in NA and he's banned.

Well I can assure you there are probably better rangers than whomever you are talking about-

eura for example has been playing these builds for years and he was the top pro league ranger player.

I’ve also played it for awhile and one time a team USA team asked me to do mAt along time ago- but they hate me cause I didn’t wanna play with wintraders.

anyways I think eura is better than me on ranger, but I can probably multi class better

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Magizen.7842 said:

lol but somehow they all play ele over night five stacks just fine ok np

what you really mean is only one person willing to keep mouth shut and not expose what goes on behind the scene

Edited by Asuran.5469
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Asuran.5469 said:

lol but somehow they all play ele over night five stacks just fine ok np

That's intellectually dishonest because FA Cata took around 2 months (2 MATs) for people to realize you stack 2-5 of it. Most certainly didn't take one night LOL. The follow up balance patch where they nerfed Signet Cata happened only a few days or a week before the MAT, before that nearly everyone agreed you would definitely stacked at least 3 or more Signet Catas.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/25/2023 at 3:42 PM, Babylon.8972 said:

Balance ideas for Anet, how we get ranger in line with other specs?

Roll a WB. Seriously. (I'm 60% memeing but there's only a 10% chance of that)

Ima' say something that'll make all my Guardian brothers hot-n-bothered... but in a good way.

WB/WB/X/X/X owns SB/SB/X/X/X and Scrapper/Scrapper/X/X/X. 

At the very least we wouldn't be seeing these threads about how difficult SB is in ranked queue. Us guard mains were born with blessed loins of steel, immune to the QQ salts of others.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

its a rev with less sustain but has stealth, stealth cover plenty sustain tho..but that's stealth problem in general on basically every class that has it.

pig f1 can take some damage nerf,

what's tricky is wolf pack and wh4 and is a worse offender than pig f1 imo

the rest is fine.

also the entire build structure is very similar to glass berserker, built-in evade/stealth made it so much more viable, while glass berserker remains only a gold 2 build.

probably true with scrapper as well.

• Like 1

*Thinks back to Rifle Mech that got hard countered by reflects, CC, Condis, LoS, focus, or literally any player with a brain* 

Lets see. This ranger build has: 

High damage. Easy to play. Annoying pet that does a non-trivial damage (unmerged). Can insta revive the pet. Glaring Weaknesses, but extremely effective at mid-low ranks...  I'm not convinced ANet should nerf this... but they probably will. It does a lot of damage and it's annoying to fight. Rifle Mech got nerfed for less. 

Lets just hope they don't pull their usual trick and nerf every other off-meta ranger build in the process.  May CMC have mercy on you Ranger mains. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Idk what this thread has devolved into. It’s not signet cata op, but it’s doing too much damage. Pull+immobilize into a 10k maul is not okay at any level of play. Hitting someone with wh4 from stealth and getting rewarded with either 10k+damage or a free 2 dodge rolls/a defensive cd is manageable but really limits builds that can play well into it.

I watched a tone of Boyces streams he barely lands the thing, seems real OP to me 😒

• Like 2