Why so Much Asset Reuse Lately?

Smaller dev teams and less money from NCSoft.. Don't let the PR lie to you. The glaring examples in these trailers are easy to see this will be a very basic offering.

4 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

So looks like most of the Kryptis are clearly reused assets. The redesigns look ok, but it would have been so much cooler if they'd designed them based on the original concept art, even if it took more resources to do so.

I wonder how much annoying CC these guys will have..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/10/2023 at 2:11 PM, Batalix.2873 said:

The statement isn't *completely" false. Like so much other double-speak we have been getting surrounding SotO, it is *technically* true.

The Wizard's Tower and its asset kit are definitely new. That's our "new places".

These previews just make me more and more depressed for the game. SotO is almost completely recycled, and there is absolutely nothing in this expac to suggest that GW2 is *not* in a low-development maintenance mode. I would have been much more likely to purchase SotO if they had just been honest about that fact (and also not kittened around so heavily with HoT/PoF espec designs).

Aaaaah yes maintenance mode. If for anet maintenance mode mean they still release DLC and fresh content, Ill gladly takr the maintenance mode. XD

Guys, stop throwing word around without knowing what your talking about.

If your not hype for the expac dont buy it, if you are, buy it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Aaaaah yes maintenance mode. If for anet maintenance mode mean they still release DLC and fresh content, Ill gladly takr the maintenance mode. XD

Guys, stop throwing word around without knowing what your talking about.

If your not hype for the expac dont buy it, if you are, buy it.

It's like the princess bride. "You keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it does"

They literally have zero understanding of what Maintenance mode is. GW1 is in that, GW2 is not.

• Like 4

WTF !!! They even re-used Deimos with a new name for the big bad guy of this expansion ! After 11 years we are here ? Not even time/energy/or whatever to create a new skin for a new evil bad guy ? They should have called it Secret Of Re-use !  ☠️

Edited by Khaos.6479
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Khaos.6479 said:

WTF !!! They even re-used Deimos with a new name for the big bad guy of this expansion ! After 11 years we are here ? Not even time/energy/or whatever to create a new skin for a new evil bad guy ? They should have called it Secret Of Re-use !  ☠️

Because you know everything about the bad guy right? It's not at all possible that demons can share physical shapes (Like they did in.. GW1, a lot) 😛

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Because you know everything about the bad guy right? It's not at all possible that demons can share physical shapes (Like they did in.. GW1, a lot) 😛

We are not in GW1 anymore. And they told us they want to make mine expansion to focus on the quality. The Inferno looks like the raid but re-used and of course Deimos. SO PLEASE ! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Glass Hand.7306 said:

Asset reuse is normal.

The big problem with SOTO is there is no consistent theme. Everything is just thrown in without consideration of any apparent design consistency.

From what i saw, the "asset reuse" everybody is yelling about actually has a purpose, and has thus far been explained.

The Jade Tech, Desert, Jungle areas are purposefully placed and has a reason in the story.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/21/2023 at 5:30 PM, Kunzal.5640 said:

how you know that they get less money etc? 

When I compare how EOD released with trailers, visuals etc, I can't believe this obscure expansion...

The game has a smaller dev studio and expacs are smaller.. It stands to reason.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

From what i saw, the "asset reuse" everybody is yelling about actually has a purpose, and has thus far been explained.

The Jade Tech, Desert, Jungle areas are purposefully placed and has a reason in the story.

And as a bonus: almost every "reused asset" is actually new models... 🙂 Even the Kaineng city has actually unique building models that are not used in NKC 🙂 95% of the map is new assets.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1