Ranger damage is ridiculous high - when its getting toned down? [Merged]

zyra.7860

14 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

"I'm clueless (aka cant use wiki or look at first post after OP), someone has to explain it specially for me"

Hey. I withheld my opinion until I had more information, like you're supposed to do~ I don't play ranger very often, and when I do I play double wyvern for the meme. Cut me some slack ~

Then comes generic "just dodge" in the same post. :classic_laugh:

You know I gotta do it to 'em.

Its not the normal maul that people are upset about.

The boar has a f1 skill called "maul", it has alot less casttime and the animation is laughable to say the least.... and the worst part....the dmg.... OH MY.... THE DAMAGE.....

Boar maul :   Damage (2x): 584x(2.2)

Got it, thank~

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Andy.5981  are you okey bro?

That skill didnt get its damage adjusted in the inglorious Feb 2020 patch... and to top it off... it uses pve values... 

And you are doing some weird mentalgymnastics around it... bruh... i was just trying to put the damage coeff into perspective... and you do this:

On 8/15/2023 at 11:36 AM, Andy.5981 said:

Sure lets give Maul a shave but if you're giving false equivilences then lets play that game - give Arcing Slice and Dragonstooth cooldown increases to equal Porcine Maul i.e an increase of 4 seconds to 15 seconds . Lets also decease their radius to 130 from 100 and 900... lets also reduce the number of targets they can hit from 5 to 1. Lets remove the combo blast from Dragons tooth and the increased damage from Arcing slice for targets under 50% health along with the 20% critical chance. 

Whats that? Oh you don't like that?

No i dont like that... because it makes 0 sense....  okey.... to put it in words that you understand.....   lets compare apples with apples.

now look...   THAT is other soulbeast skills....

Worldly impact:  Damage: 362x(1.36)

Bite: 261x(0.98)

kick: 250x(0.94)

primal cry: Damage(3x) 318x(1.2)

smokeassault: 93x(0.35)

and then there is THIS.....

Do you understand now just how crazy overtuned this boar maul is?  a 50% nerf is more than justified.

after 50% coeff and basevalue nerf it will be floating just below worldly impact, but still above most other Mergeskills....

There you go... Apples vs Apples.

OwO what this!?!?  That one apple deals more than double the damage of the other apples?   *shocked pickachuface*

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Hey. I withheld my opinion until I had more information, like you're supposed to do~ I don't play ranger very often, and when I do I play double wyvern for the meme. Cut me some slack ~

Sahne posted the same thing right after OP, you posted yourself on page1, do you read these?

Since you are unaware about the problem, do you even play the game? Or NA is so dead that you dont have any semi-decent rangers ?

When you say "just dodge", does it count as "withheld opinion" ? :thinking:

"I wonder, why SLB is now OP pack":

• le tradeoff was lifted
  • dolly stance got a buff
  • both sword leaps does maul-level-damage
  • rediscovered boar with double maul, that was left untouched by global damage nerfs(while has pretty much no cast time, no animation, pve damage), reminds me about birds and lizzard thing back then
  • wh4 and OWP can drain your defenses leaving you with your pants down for quickness pull/immob into bazillion damage double maul (or the same thing just from easily stacked 12s+ of stealth)
  • people hate when CC and immob come together, especially when it leads to oneshots (chaotic interruption, immob spam druid)

Add these in context of plus1, good luck living through this

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, semak.7481 said:

Add these in context of plus1, good luck living through this

I found this to be the key. I eventually ran into a number of people who ran enough defenses (and were good enough at timing them) that they could survive this builds spikes and run off. That usually meant giving up the side node to me, but if they could figure out a reset pattern, they could poke me lightly until they got reinforcements to push me out of the area.

But as a +1, pretty much a guaranteed down. Then again +1s very often end like that, so not sure that alone says anything special about this fotm build.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

HOT TAKE
Keep the damage, but shave the defensives. Smokescale F2 gets a more reasonable cooldown, since 16s cd for a stealth is very low. This way rangers can still perform their fun oneshot memes against tanky targets, but if they fail they don't get to stealth and jog away for free; not immediately, at the very least.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Quibble: There is no base value when it comes to the damage tooltips. What you see is the coefficient applied to a base power stat against a base defense stat.

kitten your right....  

Condis have basevalues...... power doesnt... 

17 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Damage on tooltips, in this game, is slightly less useful than a warrior with a scepter. Skills with the same listed damage will end up dealing totally different numbers and nobody will ever know why.

The tool tip is based on your current power stat and a nominal defense value. What you actually see on hit has to do with your target's actual defense and the various damage modifiers applied.

Literally just got farmed all game by a Soulbeast. Just non-stop 100-0 in under a second out of complete invisibility followed by jump spamming on my corpse. Couldn't dodge it, couldn't reflect it, couldn't teleport out of it. The one time I actually survived the Ranger just immediately stealthed and ran away til cooldowns were back up. It truly is pathetic that this even exists and the worthless, absolute bottom of the barrel people that it attracts to play it are even worse. Seeing people actually defend this kitten in this thread would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing. Like good God how utterly and completely brain dead does your free win spec need to be for you to feel competitive?

I was aiming to finish up the skins, but at this point I'm just completely done with the game mode. If it's not something as busted as this then it'll be some other unforgivable balance travesty next week (probably multiple travesties given the upcoming weaponmaster training). I mean hell this game actually has full 100% invisible, long duration stealth with almost no actual counters lol. How could anyone ever possibly think that was a good idea for a pvp game mechanic? The game is just broken at its core when it comes to pvp and they've clearly stopped even pretending to care about it. Even if completely busted kitten like Soulbeast wasn't the norm, the "balanced" meta is still just full of terribly designed, cheesy AF, rock/paper/scissors, tricycle specs that seem to be explicitly designed to reinforce the Dunning Kruger effect of garbage players that couldn't get carried hard enough by their build in any other pvp game. And it's not just attracting bad players, but attracting utterly garbage people as well; there's a reason why in any pvp game you virtually never see any of the toxic dbags or trolls playing something that isn't incredibly low-effort/skill for high reward/value, because that would require a smidgen of integrity and not being a gigantic coward, and that kind of spec is basically ALL that's viable in GW2 pvp. No wonder Heart of the Mists is basically the game's mental ward. 

Honestly if they aren't going to actually manage this mode then they should just straight up shut it down, because long-term it's a total net negative for the game that only pushes people away by building resentment and toxicity, while simultaneously attracting the absolute worst kind of player imaginable to the game. It's a festering open wound at this point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Literally just got farmed all game by a Soulbeast. Just non-stop 100-0 in under a second out of complete invisibility followed by jump spamming on my corpse. Couldn't dodge it, couldn't reflect it, couldn't teleport out of it. The one time I actually survived the Ranger just immediately stealthed and ran away til cooldowns were back up. It truly is pathetic that this even exists and the worthless, absolute bottom of the barrel people that it attracts to play it are even worse. Seeing people actually defend this kitten in this thread would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing. Like good God how utterly and completely brain dead does your free win spec need to be for you to feel competitive?

I was aiming to finish up the skins, but at this point I'm just completely done with the game mode. If it's not something as busted as this then it'll be some other unforgivable balance travesty next week (probably multiple travesties given the upcoming weaponmaster training). I mean hell this game actually has full 100% invisible, long duration stealth with almost no actual counters lol. How could anyone ever possibly think that was a good idea for a pvp game mechanic? The game is just broken at its core when it comes to pvp and they've clearly stopped even pretending to care about it. Even if completely busted kitten like Soulbeast wasn't the norm, the "balanced" meta is still just full of terribly designed, cheesy AF, rock/paper/scissors, tricycle specs that seem to be explicitly designed to reinforce the Dunning Kruger effect of garbage players that couldn't get carried hard enough by their build in any other pvp game. And it's not just attracting bad players, but attracting utterly garbage people as well; there's a reason why in any pvp game you virtually never see any of the toxic dbags or trolls playing something that isn't incredibly low-effort/skill for high reward/value, because that would require a smidgen of integrity and not being a gigantic coward, and that kind of spec is basically ALL that's viable in GW2 pvp. No wonder Heart of the Mists is basically the game's mental ward. 

Honestly if they aren't going to actually manage this mode then they should just straight up shut it down, because long-term it's a total net negative for the game that only pushes people away by building resentment and toxicity, while simultaneously attracting the absolute worst kind of player imaginable to the game. It's a festering open wound at this point.

can we please pin this somewhere? possibly printed out, at the frontdoor of Anet-HQ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Honestly if they aren't going to actually manage this mode then they should just straight up shut it down, because long-term it's a total net negative for the game that only pushes people away by building resentment and toxicity, while simultaneously attracting the absolute worst kind of player imaginable to the game.

I agree the spec should be toned down, but I wouldn't go so far as to accuse spvp of driving people away from the game. If spvp is the sole reason you play this game... probably better off that you leave asap. For everyone else, just never going back into spvp and living only in pve-land seems to work just fine.

As for attracting the worst kind of player, that makes logical sense, but you have to remember this is GW2 spvp. The worst examples of humanity were already here. The low effort busted specs probably aren't moving the needle on that one.

On 8/12/2023 at 5:50 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

if I may

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Team_roles

here's another read 

https://asana.com/resources/roles-and-responsibilities

It's not playstyle, it's identity-roles and responsibility of each Professions.

my guy…stop spreading misinformation about guild wars 1. These are player created articles and I already pointed that out to you in another thread I believe.

Did you even play the original game? Or are you just some pretender pushing some kind of agenda?

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

my guy…stop spreading misinformation about guild wars 1. These are player created articles and I already pointed that out to you in another thread I believe.

Did you even play the original game? Or are you just some pretender pushing some kind of agenda?

That thing he posted has nothing to do with how GW1 was played. The only relevant role posted was Ele Nuker, which was something only used in Alliance Battles vs. NPCs that stand still. That list mentions absolutely nothing about the roles actually used in GvG.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Burnfall says things then posts old videos, that's kind of his brand. Experience it, don't question it.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

İts absolute ridiculous to play againts a pig SB.İF you have no stunbreaks enjoy getting 18 k damage with one stun.Not even that they also going zoom with warhorn and greatsword 2 .Rather you  stun and delete them in  team focus or they delete to squishies with one combo.I also played Pig SB holy hell that chunk was disgusting.

Edited by Carnage.6751
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Vindicator spike damage needs a little nerf too.

Getting 12k from  behind after a short TP skill plus spear while u're fighting another folk isn't fun.

Is like a thief, but at least theives have to be kitting; vindi can still fighting after a surprise 12k attack.

Like this?
https://clips.twitch.tv/TenderOptimisticSalmonCharlietheUnicorn-gOqDpNtQYCGNUUrH

Also look at all those might stacks. I think I counted about 2! kittening boons man!

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1