Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

They have altered the deal. Pray they do not alter it anymore. TY arena net for making an expansion that features RE-aquring the skyscale, recoding existing weapons for different existing specs, And removing Daily logins and making us work harder for less rewards. I dont even have alt accounts but this seems like a nerf to even my own account. I loving having to grind more for less stuff so ty.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 13

14 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

People now have to actually play the game to get the rewards.

What you can already do for years and years. Getting rewards for playing. What has that got to do with the topic of daily login reward freebies? A thing arenanet themself implemented years ago. I have your answer: nothing. You give freebies for years, you take away freebies. Ofcourse many players will not like that. A logic conclusion. Just one second of thought before posting something is enough. Really.

• Like 5
  • Confused 7

30 acclaim needs to be worth 2 gold to replicate daily completionist.

140 acclaim needs to be worth about 40 gold to replicate a month of daily log in rewards.

Guess we’ll find out next Tuesday.

——————-

Daily logins also rewarded a permanent gold find increase each cycle. Will the Wizard’s vault have this?

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, maceojc.2756 said:

They have altered the deal. Pray they do not alter it anymore. TY arena net for making an expansion that features RE-aquring the skyscale, recoding existing weapons for different existing specs, And removing Daily logins and making us work harder for less rewards. I dont even have alt accounts but this seems like a nerf to even my own account. I loving having to grind more for less stuff so ty.

They never said you will get less rewards, it just seems this thread is full of players with alt accounts and they are not happy they have to play the game to get rewards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

140 acclaim needs to be worth about 40 gold to replicate a month of daily log in rewards.

Ooooo yea that's an interesting question. It honestly was a really weak bonus anyways because it only counted gold dropped by mobs and not from coin bags, vendor bait, etc but it still is something that I'm curious about.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:24 AM, particlepinata.9865 said:

What you can already do for years and years. Getting rewards for playing. What has that got to do with the topic of daily login reward freebies? A thing arenanet themself implemented years ago. I have your answer: nothing. You give freebies for years, you take away freebies. Ofcourse many players will not like that. A logic conclusion. Just one second of thought before posting something is enough. Really.

It's not freebies. It was specifically reward for players buying core Tyria experience while GW2 went free to play. It's paid difference from f2p that is taken away now.

Edited by WRay.2391
Context
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, particlepinata.9865 said:

i stand corrected.

Another thought: If the exclusive stuff was pretty interesting it might lead to people saving the currency for that. Which also can be a way to influence how many coins get created in to the market. The 2 daily g ... would be nice. And if it was only a daily buyable thing as well.

A limit to the daily achievements (currency cap if you do maybe 6 out of 12 or 9 out of 12) so you don't feel "forced" to play as much content as possible - would be nice as well. But I guess the stuff like PvP potions (important cause also needed for guild rewards) will be inclueded in that system as well. (Then possible to get if you even do only PvE dailies.) So the aim probably is to allow to do all dailies with no cap.(And people that only do a part of them will just not get the max daily possible currency.)

Just now, vrauns.3215 said:

They never said you will get less rewards, it just seems this thread is full of players with alt accounts and they are not happy they have to play the game to get rewards.

I myself have only the 1 account I bought since GW2 launch, and the only concern I have is losing out on daily login rewards since I've not got as enough time as I used to. It was confirmed that we will still have those, only question is if we get the same/increased/reduced amount of it.

• Thanks 3

pretty sure people who have alt accounts actually play the game MORE than people with only one account. Like i said I only have one account but if i was MORE involved with the game i would probably have multiple accounts. I do play every couple of days and free daily login rewards were a nice way to make gold to make this game less grindy. that is being removed now i have to travel to zone X and chop down 3 trees lol. or whatever menial tasks they assign whereas before i didnt have to.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

Ive got a guildie who purchased 22 copies of the game (with expansions for some) I dont think her concerns about login rewards are without merit. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I don't know if it was answered but like daiily login ap was capped at 15,000 and as someone very close to finishing that, like 50 days worth, I was just wondering if the new system will still being using that. Have a new cap or be a completely different tier thingie. (which would mean missing out of that 500ap i have left from daily rewards.

The reason I'm asking if just I get worried whenever ap becomes unavailable to people. (Like the old starter achievement stuff that got replaced.)

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Ive got a guildie who purchased 22 copies of the game (with expansions for some) I dont think her concerns about login rewards are without merit. 

It's also not about the login rewards per se, people so far, are upset about mystic coins and stuff to make legendaries, no one is saying anything about the other rewards we get.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, maceojc.2756 said:

pretty sure people who have alt accounts actually play the game MORE than people with only one account. Like i said I only have one account but if i was MORE involved with the game i would probably have multiple accounts. I do play every couple of days and free daily login rewards were a nice way to make gold to make this game less grindy. that is being removed now i have to travel to zone X and chop down 3 trees lol. or whatever menial tasks they assign whereas before i didnt have to.

Note that Rubi said that we will get astral acclaim to spend for logging in. The remaining concern is how much will 5 AA buy?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Note that Rubi said that we will get astral acclaim to spend for logging in. The remaining concern is how much will 5 AA buy?

This is exactly the question and seems like they don't want or can't reply right now. Probably not a good sign.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

So ANet is taking away something that works just fine as it is, and replacing it with something that sounds, in my personal opinion, bad. Also saying things will move to another tab but cost more to stop player anxiety of missing out, it just replacing it with, "if i don't get it now, I'll have to work harder to get it.".

How much will they go up by? Are we looking at a sliding scale like BLWT? that go from 1 -5(?) I have to be honest, so far everything about this expac sounds like they are taking a system away changing it up and putting back something different and presenting it as something new.

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

It's also not about the login rewards per se, people so far, are upset about mystic coins and stuff to make legendaries, no one is saying anything about the other rewards we get.

Actually her concern IS exactly about the login rewards. Other stuff can and will be grinded for if it is desirable. Her concern, as is the case for some others, is potential reduced value going forward for accounts they purchased with real money. Now, if the 5AA login reward Rubi mentioned buys as much as one could get for login rewards pre-SotO then the concerns will be alleviated. But any time a company makes moves that potentially hit your real money it is worth asking questions.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, BrotherBelial.3094 said:

So ANet is taking away something that works just fine as it is, and replacing it with something that sounds, in my personal opinion, bad. Also saying things will move to another tab but cost more to stop player anxiety of missing out, it just replacing it with, "if i don't get it now, I'll have to work harder to get it.".

How much will they go up by? Are we looking at a sliding scale like BLWT? that go from 1 -5(?) I have to be honest, so far everything about this expac sounds like they are taking a system away changing it up and putting back something different and presenting it as something new.

I think this new system could be a big deal for maintaining new players 

I think there's a big percentage of new players who quits once they hit lvl 80 and don't know what to do

I feel like that's one of GW2's biggest problems probably, since it works so differently than other MMO's

It's a good way of motivating people to play content

Giving them direction

But we'll see

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

we don't have a lot of information to go on about other rewards, laurels, mystic coins, and clovers were probably the main benefits of the current system, the new system puts you into active gameplay to gain those rewards back. That isn't nesicerly a loss to alt account users if they don't mind active gameplay, but, for folks like myself that dont always want to be active or participate in non casual (raids, stirkes ect) gameplay its a loss.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BrotherBelial.3094 said:

so far everything about this expac sounds like they are taking a system away changing it up and putting back something different and presenting it as something new.

I wouldn't say, "everything," but an awful lot of what has been announced fits that description.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1