Secrets of the Obscure Launches Tomorrow at Approximately 9 AM Pacific Time.

1 hour ago, Anthonev.6452 said:

To lose half of the utility of my Legendary Runes...

*sigh* Guess I have to be, not like I've got a choice.

Probably better to just rip it off, like a bandaid, alright. 🤣

I'll be away until Friday myself, enjoy the launch everyone! Good luck!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Secrets of the Obscure Launches Tomorrow at Approximately 9 AM Pacific Time

Is "Pacific Time" actually  "PST" (UTC-8) or "PDT" (UTC-7)?  It would be nice, if you could give the time also in UTC or CEST. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

Is "Pacific Time" actually  "PST" (UTC-8) or "PDT" (UTC-7)?  It would be nice, if you could give the time also in UTC or CEST. Thanks.

PDT is used between March-November while PST is used for the rest of the year (USA). The launch will happen at 9AM PDT / 7:30PM UTC / 9:30PM CEST tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Volkie.7301 said:

PDT is used between March-November while PST is used for the rest of the year (USA).

ok, thanks. so it is PDT (UTC-7)

26 minutes ago, Volkie.7301 said:

The launch will happen at 9AM PDT / 7:30PM UTC / 9:30PM CEST tomorrow.

Are you sure? 9+7 = 16, so it is 16:00 UTC (which is 18:00 CEST).

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, WeightTrainer.3219 said:

Ready to make exotic relics for my legendary runes tomorrow morning...

Will you just can it with the moaning about relics already? FFXIV players don't complain when they have to grind out an entire new set of gear every time and expansion or new raid tier releases, yet if a GW2 player has to acquire a single new piece of equipment for the first time in 4 expansions they bust out the torches and pitchforks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Will you just can it with the moaning about relics already? FFXIV players don't complain when they have to grind out an entire new set of gear every time and expansion or new raid tier releases, yet if a GW2 player has to acquire a single new piece of equipment for the first time in 4 expansions they bust out the torches and pitchforks.

That is because up until now, GW2 did not devalue your gear by doing that. The moaning is justified.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Anthonev.6452 said:

To lose half of the utility of my Legendary Runes...

*sigh* Guess I have to be, not like I've got a choice.

Why would you lose half utility? Something I'm not seeing in the page for the new expansion? I know I've been away from GW for awhile, but would be interested in knowing the details. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, iDestroy.4395 said:

Why would you lose half utility? Something I'm not seeing in the page for the new expansion? I know I've been away from GW for awhile, but would be interested in knowing the details. 

Check all the many threads about relics.  Tldr, runes are being reworked to be stat only with the special 6th effect on its own new slot, the relic.  People with legendary runes probably have to farm up/grind out the special effects all over again, at least until they can get a legendary relic in a later release.  There is a smidge of disgruntlement over this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

I will not. If you don't like it don't respond or ignore the comments people make that you don't like. No one is forcing you to read this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

4 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

FFXIV players don't complain when they have to grind out an entire new set of gear every time and expansion or new raid tier releases

Actually that was one of the main reasons I stopped playing LOTRO. I got so sick and tried of endlessly spending my time gearing up 1 toon, let alone more then 1, only then 12 or so months later, trashing the lot and starting all over again.

It's why it was so great finding out about the fixed level cap of GW2 and Legendary gear, grind once and done forever. At least that was the theory till relics came along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3