i knew it. my dungeon runes are ruined

Terek.8923

Just now, BANNED.9527 said:

No no, you're right. This is serious. We should get authorities involved, it's not cool for game companies to light their players on fire for others' enjoyment.

Ok, by your rationale, because something isn't serious enough for you to care, we aren't allowed to care.  Got it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Alaeacus.9635 said:

It's called hyperbole via analogy and has been a valid argumentation tactic for over a thousand years.  

When addressing the actual situation is too hard then that sure is a "tacitc". But as I said, too obvious, no bonus points, address the situation instead of overblowing it into something it's not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/22/2023 at 11:40 AM, Terek.8923 said:

had golemancer runes and other dungeon sets and i opened the new relic boxes but there is no golem in there. not even runes of the ogre made it. 

Sorry Original Poster.  You're being brigaded by a couple people who are trying to let you know that your feelings don't matter, and your problem is trivial.  Thus is the way with these types of forums to cover up and eradicate negativity.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

Sorry Original Poster.  You're being brigaded by a couple people who are trying to let you know that your feelings don't matter, and your problem is trivial.  Thus is the way with these types of forums to cover up and eradicate negativity.  

🦀

You put agreeing with the removal of pet runes on par with looking the other way during genocide and then said "it's an analogy bro"

Edited by BANNED.9527
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

The solution to the problem mentioned in the previous posts was already presented, you even quoted it somewhere at the top of this page and didn't bother as much as acknowledging it. Trying to claim anyone is being somehow "brigaded" here is false and a bad attempt at avoiding discussion on-topic after throwing out a tactical hyperbole.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The solution to the problem mentioned in the previous posts was already presented

"Just deal with it and change how you play" is not an acceptable solution to his complaint.  You might as well have said "Git Gud".  He/she has a right to complain, and many posts here are implying they don't have that right due to the triviality of the matter.  

Edited by Alaeacus.9635
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

30 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Weeeell... How was he able to farm dungeons for golemancer runes without having golemancer runes? 😅

Maybe its because they got help, or maybe its because OP is exaggerating. Regardless the runes pets were weak as anything other than handy fluff to have around for RP reasons. They weren't tanky enough to survive anything but trash mobs, and the dps increase that they brought was negligible. IF ops roommate really does need exactly one AI unit to to take aggro there are plenty of class based options that provide significantly better options than the rune golem or rock dog were capable of. Elementalist elemental summons, necro minions, mechanist, mesmer illusions, and ranger pets would all provide the same benefit and then some over what the golem gave. OP's roommate even gets a new better rune+relic combo out of it!

But honestly most of the complaints about missing runes are way overblown. Are there missing runes? Yes, but we've known that was going to be the case literally since the relic announcement, anet was very clear that they were going to take this opportunity to remove bad options. They've also been clear that they're going to try and bring back every unique option that is currently missing, like the golems and rock dogs, after workshopping them so that they are less of a trap-pick for new/uninformed players.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Alaeacus.9635 said:

"Just deal with it and change how you play" is not a solution to his complaint. 

Getting that rune by itself was already "a change of how they play" (and they had to get it without the summon in the first place). There are literally classes with pets which can play the role that player needs them to play and that's somehow not ok all of the sudden?
Sure, "just deal with it" is not a solution, which is why what I said was way more specific than that.

4 minutes ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

He/she has a right to complain, and many posts here are implying they don't have that right due to the triviality of the matter.  

I didn't say anything about anyone not being able to complain, don't try to imply I did by writing a response to something that wasn't in any of my posts. And no, proposing a solution to a problem doesn't mean someone shouldn't be able to present their problem (~complain) in the first place.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

He/she has a right to complain, and many posts here are implying they don't have that right due to the triviality of the matter.  

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I didn't say anything about anyone not being able to complain, don't try to imply I did by writing a response to something that wasn't in any of my posts

If I was accusing YOU of something, I would say YOU did it.  I said "many posts here", not "your posts here".  The fact that you got defensive means maybe I hit close to how you truly feel.    

Edited by Alaeacus.9635
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

If I was accusing YOU of something, I would say YOU did it.  I said "many posts here", not "your posts here".  

Then why did you write that in response to me instead of responding to what I wrote? (tbh, I just went back to glance over the previous page and I still don't see those "many posts" that apparently "said that". Maybe... drop all those exaggerations already? You're not somehow protecting discussion by what you're doing here, you're simply refusing to discuss)

14 minutes ago, thetwothousand.5049 said:

Maybe its because they got help, or maybe its because OP is exaggerating. Regardless the runes pets were weak as anything other than handy fluff to have around for RP reasons. They weren't tanky enough to survive anything but trash mobs, and the dps increase that they brought was negligible. IF ops roommate really does need exactly one AI unit to to take aggro there are plenty of class based options that provide significantly better options than the rune golem or rock dog were capable of. Elementalist elemental summons, necro minions, mechanist, mesmer illusions, and ranger pets would all provide the same benefit and then some over what the golem gave. OP's roommate even gets a new better rune+relic combo out of it!

But honestly most of the complaints about missing runes are way overblown. Are there missing runes? Yes, but we've known that was going to be the case literally since the relic announcement, anet was very clear that they were going to take this opportunity to remove bad options. They've also been clear that they're going to try and bring back every unique option that is currently missing, like the golems and rock dogs, after workshopping them so that they are less of a trap-pick for new/uninformed players.

Fully agree. I also proposed pet classes as solution in my later posts, elemental summonsbuild  is another good idea.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/22/2023 at 12:40 PM, Terek.8923 said:

had golemancer runes and other dungeon sets and i opened the new relic boxes but there is no golem in there. not even runes of the ogre made it. 

They took away my golem!?!?!!!!?!?!   Whyyyyyyy...

-sad asura noise-

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Not even a 25% movement relic put in for some reason. Also by parrot and shouting "yarr". How does any programmer decide to remove quality of life features? Is this Windows?

Because the 25% move speed is a 6th rune stat not a relic bonus.

Edited by Linken.6345

I would like to add that I was really, REALLY looking forward to having an in-combat Rock Dog pet for my Daredevil. Now that he has a rifle to use, it's about the one thing he was missing.

But don't worry! I'm sure we have a pet Relic (and a lot of the other missing ones) coming up in the next release or two of this Expantrickle. We'll get the functionality back... as long as we pay for the expansion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Leo.8756 said:

This is what Guild Wars does ruin their games

From GW1 to GW2 they removed Heroes which were fun and amazing to have, duo classes, and open skills to make endless builds which was what made GW1 a LEGENDARY! MMO and removed the lockpicking system so they can cash in on these lion chest keys, shameful... now they ruined my fun and amazing PvE MechGolemancer build so it's useless to play it. back to my Necro or Ranger kitten... ANET get your crap together and develop for the players, not for your EGO or GREED...

Wow, so much to unpack here.

Okay, A: Heroes, were removed because unlike the more RPG focused instanced areas with a team, GW2 is more MMO. It's literally just part of them having different gameplay mechanics.

B: Duo classes and open skills. See above. Literally what was well advertised and explains in depth. GW1 also became harder to balance with the insane skill combinations possible. This is a silly complaint.

C : The lockpicks were for generic regional chests, which in GW2 were all unlocked anyway. this has nothing to do with black lion keys, try harder.

D : Your summoned golem was a fun add on to the build, and not the lynchpin. Your build is not useless nor ruined, as I ran the exact same setup on my Asura engineer and guess what? Still completely playable and functional in all regards, it's just she doesn't have a golem summon slapping stuff. Your build is not ruined nor useless, stop exaggerating to hell and back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

they should have released all relics( same 6th rune bonus as before) and available in legendary before removing the current ones, what else they expect all broken builds to do. if its not ready thn dont remove the old one. now were in a state of kitten limbo

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...

my biggest complaint at launch was the removal of runspeed buff from Fireworks runes (not relics), and moving it to Surging runes.

because i had actually bought a about 20 sets of the fireworks runes for characters on 2 accounts. (2 accounts so i can still play with both my WvW guilds during World Restructuring and after), and then had to replace them all with Surging Runes (or Cavalier runes) to regain that +25% running speed for WvW.

i'd be really miffed off if they changed it back, now i've already replaced most of them.

as for the relics... Meh, they're pretty much all boring now. I hate that most of them are "on elite skill use"

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

I still don't understand why they split runes into relics. 

Would have been perfectly fine to leave runes as they are as they solved nothing with this new system. People will still only pick the most powerful relic just like the runes. 

And to keep power creep down, relics could be disabled in outside-expansion content. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 7:46 AM, Kalavier.1097 said:

Your summoned golem was a fun add on

So, you're saying anet SUBTRACTED fun from the game. 100% agreement! It has, sadly, become their way.

As for the heroes/henchies. I wish they were still here. They were a fun add on, too. Why, I remember back in the day when my guildies and I kept failing some mission or other, something in Nightfall, I think. We decided to take a lunch break. While everyone else was chowing down, I called upon my trusty heroes/henchies and did the kitten mission. Boom.

/e Archie and Edith -- Those were the days.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

We said so many times in the thread: 
"Relics are fine and dandy, but only release them when the system is FINISHED" 

Did Anet listen? Of course not. Why design something to completion when you can half bake it and release it then with many features missing while also forgetting that legendary items exist? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

while also forgetting that legendary items exist? 

I genuinely do not believe that they forgot. I believe that they knew full well what they were doing and how it would impact players, but went ahead anyway hoping that the backlash wouldnt be too large to sweep under the rug. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/15/2023 at 6:54 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

I genuinely do not believe that they forgot. I believe that they knew full well what they were doing and how it would impact players, but went ahead anyway hoping that the backlash wouldnt be too large to sweep under the rug. 

From the posts at the time it became evident that they forgot. Though I think after it was pointed out, they agreed to develop a legendary relic sometime in the future as a means to placate a lot of the complaints.

• Confused 2