New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

The fact that we don't get rewards for logging in anymore (5 aa each day is next to nothing) might bring more problems long term. As you said, it's a big problem with those players that don't have enough time to play. 

Before Soto, you'd be able to log in, do some dailies for 5-10 mins and be done with the dailies, getting pretty good rewards. You'd be done fast with the dailies then move on to fractals (which are dailies btw), raids, metas, w/e. Now it takes much more time, that some people might not have, to do just the dailies. If they wanna play something else too, yea, good luck with that. Do you have only 4 hours to play this weekend? Pretty sad.

Also a thing about logins. There might have been days when I didn't feel like playing. But I was like "ok, I'm just gonna log in, cause I want the rewards from logins, then go out". "Now that I've logged in, I might just do some dailies". "Now that I'm done with the dailies, I feel like doing some fractals". "Oh, look, some friends are online, I might just go and play with them for some time". And from a simple login, you stay in and play for at least an hour. 

Now it remains to be seen if people will log in anymore. Cause ANet seems to be betting that people will, not only log in, but play for quite some time. And not only play for quite some time, but play for the dailies or weekly objectives they set in.

Remains to be seen.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

oh kitten...can't you just comment under one of the other "...game is terrible / ...game is ruined / new system sucks!!!!111" Threads? I mean we get it you dont like it, it's fine and you are totally allowed to have your oppinion.. But do we really have to pollute this board with even more low effort posts, with insults, words in caps and all this crap? Can't we just collect them in ONE thread? Is this too much to asked?

Edited by avater.1746
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, SoZo.2864 said:

I am a mother of two and work full-time

Why does this matter? You want extra sympathy because of that? I work full time as well and didn’t have any problems completing the new dailies yesterday and today. 
Just unselect WvW and PvP in the vault. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Otamisia.1246 said:

You can untick PVP and WVW in the interface for the Vault. It was the first thing I did, because all I do is PVE.

Yes, you can untick them but unless you do 4 dailies you do not get the full reward.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Why does this matter? You want extra sympathy because of that? I work full time as well and didn’t have any problems completing the new dailies yesterday and today. 
Just unselect WvW and PvP in the vault. 

You do not get the full reward unless you do four dailies and only two of the dailies are in PVE!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SoZo.2864 said:

Yes, you can untick them but unless you do 4 dailies you do not get the full reward.

3 dailies.The fourth is to login which you auto complete. The 3 dailies to get the full reward has not changed, but ou now get tokens for doing a daily to accumulate for better rewards. But you always had to do them all for the full

It's the flexibility that has changed. They should just remove the tick and have them all laid out to choose as you wish.  reward. Even weeklies have more than you need. Dailies should have too

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't think it's a big deal that just logging in and not actually doing anything isn't very rewarding.

As one of the people who sometimes doesn't have time to even do the dailies I don't think the new system is any different to the old one. There have always been days when I had to choose between the dailies and anything else because I didn't have time for both, or didn't even have time to do the dailies, that's nothing new. Yes some days there was a combination which could be done quickly, but there's been plenty of times I've looked at the available options and realised I'd have to skip them because it would take too long. Also (I know I keep going on about this but) yesterday I was able to complete all the dailies and the weeklies in under 2 hours, so I don't think it's accurate to say players who can only log in for 4 hours over the weekend can't do dailies.

It's fine if you don't want to do them, but it seems odd to be upset that you have to play a game to get the rewards.

3 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

How do we get Laurels now?

You get some from completing the weekly achievements, and can buy more with astral acclaim.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dante.1508 said:

If PvP and WvW are required now i'm done, i'll do the expac story and move on.

Well you can untick those and opt out of them completely but you'll still need to complete all 3 of the 3 assigned PvE tasks and you will not have the option to go do an easy WvW or PvP  daily instead and basically those game modes will have even less value.

That seams to be where is this heading, people will hard commit to 1 game mode.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

3 dailies.The fourth is to login which you auto complete. The 3 dailies to get the full reward has not changed. It's the flexibility. They should just remove the tick and have them all laid out to choose as you wish. You now get tokens for doing a daily to accumulate for better rewards. But you always had to do them all for the full reward

Even weeklies have more than you need. Dailies should have too

I always did 4 PVE dailies to get my full reward. Now they only list two under PVE and the rest are either WVW or PVP. I don't play those sides so now I can't complete the dailies to get the full reward.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SoZo.2864 said:

I always did 4 PVE dailies to get my full reward. Now they only list two under PVE and the rest are either WVW or PVP. I don't play those sides so now I can't complete the dailies to get the full reward.

You can change that/. Just click on the cog wheel in the top left. Yes sadly you will have to wait for tomorrows refresh which was the bad implementation, but you aren't stuck forever

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, SoZo.2864 said:

You do not get the full reward unless you do four dailies and only two of the dailies are in PVE!

You did the same "error" I did. Leaving the boxes checked in all categories.

open the settings in that Wizard window and only activate the PvE,

BUT it only takes on NEXT reset.

So your daily is basically done for today, aka lost and your weekly too, unless you drag yourself into WvW.

On next reset you will have PVE only tasks.

It's the stupidest content nerf I've seen in an MMO, for quite a while.

Edited by HawkMeister.4758
4 tha confuzed
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

"PEOPLE WHO BEING MANIPULATED DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF BEING USED FOR PROFIT. THEY ARE RELENTLESS IN THEIR PURSUIT FOR "THE NEXT NEW THING" AND THEY HAVE NO REGARDS FOR BEING USED OVER AND OVER AGAIN"

that is all i have to say 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, ShadowInTheVoid.9183 said:

Well you can untick those and opt out of them completely but you'll still need to complete all 3 of the 3 assigned PvE tasks and you will not have the option to go do an easy WvW or PvP  daily instead and basically those game modes will have even less value.

That seams to be where is this heading, people will hard commit to 1 game mode.

What are the Pve ones?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I don't think it's a big deal that just logging in and not actually doing anything isn't very rewarding.

As one of the people who sometimes doesn't have time to even do the dailies I don't think the new system is any different to the old one. There have always been days when I had to choose between the dailies and anything else because I didn't have time for both, or didn't even have time to do the dailies, that's nothing new. Yes some days there was a combination which could be done quickly, but there's been plenty of times I've looked at the available options and realised I'd have to skip them because it would take too long. Also (I know I keep going on about this but) yesterday I was able to complete all the dailies and the weeklies in under 2 hours, so I don't think it's accurate to say players who can only log in for 4 hours over the weekend can't do dailies.

It's fine if you don't want to do them, but it seems odd to be upset that you have to play a game to get the rewards.

You get some from completing the weekly achievements, and can buy more with astral acclaim.

I see thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

WTH anet the idea of GW 2 is that we have options to do what we want, i never skipped my dailly before, because daillies give nice rewards now i am forced to doing it because i am forced to make the new story to do a crappy bounty i dont even know where it comes from.... yea i am not forced to do the dailly but i want to do it, so my take is why is it that i have a dailly in the new expansion if i HAVENT EVEN STARTED IT YET... i dont want to go there and now i am being forced because i want to do other things then the blasted new expansion, and yes i already bought the expansion but the beauty behind gw 2 is nothing is locked behind content or hard to reach and setting a bounty as a freaking dailly on a new map i dont intend to go for is just taking the crap out of players.... this is starting to smell like WoW crap, finding a new mmorpg to focus on might be a good idea if this is how u intend to do things.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

"PEOPLE WHO BEING MANIPULATED DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF BEING USED FOR PROFIT. THEY ARE RELENTLESS IN THEIR PURSUIT FOR "THE NEXT NEW THING" AND THEY HAVE NO REGARDS FOR BEING USED OVER AND OVER AGAIN"

that is all i have to say 

That a company makes video games for profit is not the problem. They "use" us, and in return we get entertainment.

But it doesn't have to be a win-lose situation. It wouldn't take much for this new system to be a win-win, they just need to bring back choice.

Edited by Deihnyx.6318
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I like the system as a sytem. The rewards are good, the quarterly nature is good, including the special category. Weeklies are fine, you have 9 options and only need 6 for the bonus.

Dailies though. Woof. Dailies need extra options. If they feel 3/12 was too easy (it kind of was) that's ok. 3/3 no matter what (plus your login) feels bad. Give us 5-6, make it a mini track and don't give 10AA for any past 3. Done.

Edited by Wheezy.2846
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

My dailies were impossible for me but my wife got one that is for the new area, and of course it doesn't explain that, so she googled it for ages trying to figure out where the heck to go and ended up giving up. Neither of us are logging in for dailies now. And probably won't for several weeks because of this change. We only have a half hour a night. It was possible to do the dailies before in that time. But not anymore.

Now with such a long hiatus planned, and our time not being respected as much. It's going to remove our addiction to this game as we move on to other games that we can still play in that half hour we have.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3