New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

I haven't had an issue because I'm in SotO but my flatmate who has all expacs but only just started Icebrood has had every day except he first day a SotO or EoD daily which he can't do so he can't get his full dailies without skipping ahead. I also really don't like the fact that today's included Valdhertz, a dungeon that is both locked behind an achievement and is also very buggy.

I would love to see parts of the old system come back with four dailies for each mode and then the dailies just. Don't give rewards anymore. That way you aren't going to get locked out and you can still have the choice.

eta: by 'don't give rewards' i mean that once you've done your three dailies, the rest don't give rewards. Same limitations, more options.

Edited by raggirare.9253
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Why do I need to do another achievement just to do my dailies? Why am I being forced to do something I don't currently want to do? This is the second mini dungeon daily I've had the first was Vestibule and it bugged so I couldn't finish it. Now I, and many others, need to do Cryptseeker then we'll be allowed to do out daily? This is beyond stupid, give me options back A-net! I am currently regretting returning to the game as simple things like dailies are becoming points of frustration.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

I wasn't sure whether this was something Anet was planning to hotfix or not, but since this new daily system has released I have had multiple days where it was physically impossible to complete the 4 PvE dailies assigned to me. The first day I received a daily to go to a mini dungeon in Cantha, and I have never been to Cantha. Today I received another daily for a mini dungeon in Cantha, and still haven't gone there yet so I still can't do it.

I'm getting the feeling there are going to be quite a few days where I won't be able to complete the chest.

Assuming the pool of daily quests can't be hotfixed, could y'all at make it so the progress of the daily chest carries over, so that if I am able to do 2 one day I can at least do 2 the next and get it?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Yeah this new dailies system is really not doing it for me, no more login item rewards is truly awful and very sparse objectives is just inconvenient, such an unnecessary scrapping of a system that I feel worked very nicely, very disappointed and kind of sours the experience of the new expac for me. This change removed a lot of my motivation to log-in each day.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

I wasn't sure whether this was something Anet was planning to hotfix or not, but since this new daily system has released I have had multiple days where it was physically impossible to complete the 4 PvE dailies assigned to me. The first day I received a daily to go to a mini dungeon in Cantha, and I have never been to Cantha. Today I received another daily for a mini dungeon in Cantha, and still haven't gone there yet so I still can't do it.

I'm getting the feeling there are going to be quite a few days where I won't be able to complete the chest.

Assuming the pool of daily quests can't be hotfixed, could y'all at make it so the progress of the daily chest carries over, so that if I am able to do 2 one day I can at least do 2 the next and get it?

Ask someone that have been to Cantha (you eill need to have EoD expansion), if they are willing to party up.

When you can see that that person are in Cantha from party ui, then use a gizmo called Teleport to Friend (look up wiki if you haven't heard about it).

Teleport to Friend will also show a pop up where you can see destination and who you are going to.

There are two versions one Permanent that you can buy in Gem Store annd one that you consume when you use it.

You should have had some fron Blacklion Chest (usually you get keys from completing core map and progressing your personal story).

Ask in larger hubs like Lion's Arch or lounges like Mistlock Sanctuary where there are many players around. Use map chat with /m for shout out to all that are that map or hub.

You need to have expansion or living world season that are for that place you want to go with Teleport to Friend (or you will consume it without going anywhere).

EDIT:

You will also need to be on a level 80 character as all of Cantha are level 80 maps.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

what's preventing you from going to Cantha and doing the dungeon?

The game checks if you can do it, not if you feel like doing it. 

Also, it's not really a daily if you don't do it the same day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

9 minutes ago, disco.9302 said:

what's preventing you from going to Cantha and doing the dungeon?

The game checks if you can do it, not if you feel like doing it. 

Also, it's not really a daily if you don't do it the same day.

Im not there in the story yet, and would really like to not have to spoil the story by doing the intro to the zone, abandoning the story for that zone and then running around to unlock the map so I can do dailies.

I suppose if that's how Anet intends their story to be done then that's one thing, but I'm generally used to games wanting you to do the story in relative order, rather than piecemeal like that.

• Like 16
  • Confused 5

19 minutes ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

Im not there in the story yet, and would really like to not have to spoil the story by doing the intro to the zone, abandoning the story for that zone and then running around to unlock the map so I can do dailies.

I suppose if that's how Anet intends their story to be done then that's one thing, but I'm generally used to games wanting you to do the story in relative order, rather than piecemeal like that.

You dont have to you can use a teleport to friend on the map were you need to go.

• Confused 1

Here are at least my thoughts about the whole Wizard's Vault:

Dailies

Worst change from this due to lack of choice. Before, if I really hated one of the dailies, I could always do the fourth option. And if I didn't like that either, well then I had the option of a WvW daily.

Now? 3 choices, take it or leave it. It's just too limiting. That and some of the dailies are rather.. boring (kill 10 enemies under enhancement/nourishment, really? You want me to waste a food for this?). My suggestion would be to increase choices to 9 choices (so if you do choose all 3 options, you'd still have 3 per mode), and not get extra acclaim after you get your third completion. I'd also consider making that people with same choices get the same dailies - as long as they have advanced in story long enough to get to that place already. (no Kaineng quests for those who haven't stepped into Cantha - just like you wouldn't own it).

Weeklies

I'm actually happy these are back again. 6 out of 8 does still feel a little limiting, considering the modes again, but maybe it's fine given it's a weekly. I'd consider still upping it to 10 or 12 options though, but that's just me, so take it with a grain of salt. Weeklies themselves didn't feel as bad but I would still prefer that people with the same choices get the same tasks to do. Though, making me go out of my way to kill 100 enemies just feels lazy.

Astral Rewards

I'm cautiously happy about this, but it does give me a bad vibe of a battle pass. I do like the idea that you can get the stuff you missed later if you want so, but the unnecessary cap to "force you to purchase over hoarding" sounds more on the lines of "please don't just save for legendaries and limited amount goodies." At least increase the cap to 1500 so that people who get the special rewards don't just lose out on stuff if they're at 900 or more.

Speaking of legendary weapon starter kit, I probably would've preferred to get a choice of gift of battle or gift of exploration over gift of might/magic so that both WvW and PvE players would be happy about not needing to grind the mode they don't play.

UI

As others have said, I'm not sure why I need to actually go and click to get my Acclaims when previously it was just like any other achievement. Why can't they auto-claim? It's a rather baffling design choice...

Overall, idea is good, but the execution has been rather poor - at least on the case of dailies/weeklies. They need lots of improvement. The vault itself, I do like being able to choose what I want to get (over getting some luck I don't need). As long as they listen to the community feedback on this, I think this is eventually a change for the good - as long as there won't be FOMO.

Edited by Uhkam.2164
Misremembered weekly amounts
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You dont have to you can use a teleport to friend on the map were you need to go.

Already suggested earlier and described how it works in case OP never heard about that or used that before.

1 hour ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

Suppose you are talking about as one of those dungeons in Canthat is Valdhertz Crypts (mini-dungeon), then use this in game chat link [&BMcMAAA=] [copy and paste in chat - do this in map chat to show where you need to go] (it will show WP name and when you click on it, it will open map and show where it is).  You can also find on this link on gw2 wiki.

Use link when you ask for help to go to Cantha for this dungeon.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Uhkam.2164 said:

Weeklies

I'm actually happy these are back again. 4 out of 6 does still feel a little limiting, considering the modes again, but maybe it's fine given it's a weekly. I'd consider still upping it to 8 or 9 options though, but that's just me, so take it with a grain of salt. Weeklies themselves didn't feel as bad but I would still prefer that people with the same choices get the same tasks to do. Though, making me go out of my way to kill 100 enemies just feels lazy.

FYI, there are 8 options for weeklies, with the overall weekly completion reward requiring you do 6.  Interestingly, you can complete more than 6 and collect those individual tasks' acclaim even after collecting the overall.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Yasi.9065 said:

Adding THE most reported mini-dungeon to the daily "must do" list is just.... did no QA look over that list of dailies/weeklies? Or even someone just idk, regularly playing the content on live servers?

Given that even defending, one of the currently most broken parts of the game, is part of the WvW dailies, it's safe to assume they hand-picked a few items from a list without considering their current status of in the game, or player sentiment towards it.

Unless they literally ignore the forums, there is no way that they don't know about defending being very broken.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Simply addressing the obvious downgrade in the number of options to complete a daily would, IMO alleviate a good deal if not the majority of complaints. 

When you have known broken events, like the mini-dungeon as a daily and have zero alternatives, well I struggle to think what the logic behind that decision was. When we HAD the superior version of having all 3 game modes to choose from. 

And as another person pointed out, this just leads to player self isolating. With the old system, I would dip my mainly PvE toes into PvP sometimes. Usually dying but giving it a go none the less. This new system active discourages moving into un-familiar territory. 

Keeping the cap on AA gains makes sense, but at least allow us to choose how to complete those dailies. (And if the JPs and zone event completions can get back into rotation all the better. They are more engaging than "kill 10 whatever with a foodbuff")

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Well, it finally happened, I won't be finishing my dailies today, because I hit upon the Valdhertz minidungeon. Good luck doing that when it's as crowded there as at a world boss. Just one fellow player doing it at the same time is often already enough for it to fail, let alone 2 dozen.

Anet, if you're going to make us do all offered tasks for our daily completion, the least thing you could do is NOT offer us content that's been bugged since release. Or, alternatively,  fix the bugs.

Edit: And it seems I can't even try my luck today. I'm only getting into instances where the very first room stalled.

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Well, it finally happened, I won't be finishing my dailies today, because I hit upon the Valdhertz minidungeon. Good luck doing that when it's as crowded there as at a world boss. Just one fellow player doing it at the same time is often already enough for it to fail, let alone 2 dozen.

Anet, if you're going to make us do all offered tasks for our daily completion, the least thing you could do is NOT offer us content that's been bugged since release. Or, alternatively,  fix the bugs.

Edit: And it seems I can't even try my luck today. I'm only getting into instances where the very first room stalled.

Yeah Valdhertz was a silly one. Been bugged since launch of EoD and gated behind needing an achievement done 

It’s the weekend so they prob won’t even see the feedback, but please could the devs learn from the last daily changes. I remember when combo fields were added and had to be removed due to player struggles. Mini dungeons are all well and good, but without extra options, this is a daily doomed to fail

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

Oddly I find the weekly PvE sometimes easier than the daily one. At least for my weekly PvE/PvP selection where I one annoying PvP one (tournament, I don't play tournaments) but also easy stuff like 1 (only!) JP from PvE. The spirit (Seitung the mini dungeon) thing and the Valdherz Crypt seem a bit "annoying". Though they also should not take too long and if a lot of players do it you might just be able to join when it is cleared. No jumping (annoying for people that can't do the jumping cause of physical handicaps) but for me more annoying than the JPs.

I guess I'm slowly getting to a strategy here. Selecting the PvE only at Sunday to weeklies there only. (Seem to not have been hard stuff there. Maybe the legendary enemy instead of the PvP tournament? That one is easy. Lots of open world legendary mob stuff.) Switchting to PvE/PvP at monday (doing one PvE only set of dailies) and avoiding the "annoying" PvE dailies. With that mix it was onyl easy stuff and for PvP just basically only "play 1 match" (sometimes kills, sometimes top-stat - not too hard to get, the PvP-only selection probably has a win requirement that I only got in the weekly mix here).

• Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I guess I'm slowly getting to a strategy here. Selecting the PvE only at Sunday to weeklies there only. (Seem to not have been hard stuff there. Maybe the legendary enemy instead of the PvP tournament? That one is easy. Lots of open world legendary mob stuff.) Switchting to PvE/PvP at monday (doing one PvE only set of dailies) and avoiding the "annoying" PvE dailies. With that mix it was onyl easy stuff and for PvP just basically only "play 1 match" (sometimes kills, sometimes top-stat - not too hard to get, the PvP-only selection probably has a win requirement that I only got in the weekly mix here).

My strategy has been to disable everything except PvE. I've never gotten into PvP at all so that was never going to be an option here, but I find it sad that I have to drop the WvW part. I've done WvW dailies for years, often sticking around for an hour or 2. The problem is that I can't always make a lot of time to play,  and with some daily WvW tasks taking too long to accomplish due to the state of my server at the time I log on, I just disabled WvW altogether. or be guaranteed to have days where my dailies weren't going to happen. (Not to mention having gotten 3 terrible weeklies for WvW the first week.)

All in all, these new dailies have made me pretty much abandon a game mode, which surely can't have been the point of this revamp.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1