New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

16 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Well, it finally happened, I won't be finishing my dailies today, because I hit upon the Valdhertz minidungeon. Good luck doing that when it's as crowded there as at a world boss. Just one fellow player doing it at the same time is often already enough for it to fail, let alone 2 dozen.

Anet, if you're going to make us do all offered tasks for our daily completion, the least thing you could do is NOT offer us content that's been bugged since release. Or, alternatively,  fix the bugs.

Edit: And it seems I can't even try my luck today. I'm only getting into instances where the very first room stalled.

My first attempt found it bugged at the necro guy. People yelling for everyone to leave to try to get it reset. People getting angry they wouldn't be able to finish the daily. I tried again a few hours later and managed to get it done but all the way through people yelling to slow down to make sure it didn't bug out.

Not a good experience.

Seriously Anet, weekly is 6/8. Why is daily mandatory 3/3 with no choice. It really needs to change or you will lose a lot of the good will a new expansion brings (if you haven't already).

The rest of the vault system is pretty good imo, except I'd like to preview armour etc before buying.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, jamesg.7128 said:

My first attempt found it bugged at the necro guy. People yelling for everyone to leave to try to get it reset. People getting angry they wouldn't be able to finish the daily. I tried again a few hours later and managed to get it done but all the way through people yelling to slow down to make sure it didn't bug out.

Not a good experience.

Seriously Anet, weekly is 6/8. Why is daily mandatory 3/3 with no choice. It really needs to change or you will lose a lot of the good will a new expansion brings (if you haven't already).

The rest of the vault system is pretty good imo, except I'd like to preview armour etc before buying.

-you can preview just left click it instead of what we usualy do.

• Like 1

Just another suggestion among many:

As others have said, remove the PvE/PvP/WvW filter. Let all of them be available as options. Modify the reward system so that only the first x dailies/weeklies give the normal reward, and the rest are greatly reduced.

And/or, add an expansion filter for the PvE content areas that the player is interested in. We already know the system filters objectives by the account's expansion ownership, so there is no systematic change required except to look up the players' preferences rather than their ownership and the system otherwise is the same.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 8/27/2023 at 2:47 AM, Ganogati.8963 said:

I'm getting the feeling there are going to be quite a few days where I won't be able to complete the chest.

Dito.

Today is another such day for me. Some stupid Dungeon somewhere in the Cantha Expansion.

So far managed to finish 2 dailies of this awesome new Wizard in-game website.

I know very well I should've finished the kitten stories already, but I didn't feel like it.

And now I REALLY don't feel like it.

Maybe other games like my time and money more without forcing me to play their way only.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

Dito.

Today is another such day for me. Some stupid Dungeon somewhere in the Cantha Expansion.

So far managed to finish 2 dailies of this awesome new Wizard in-game website.

I know very well I should've finished the kitten stories already, but I didn't feel like it.

And now I REALLY don't feel like it.

Maybe other games like my time and money more without forcing me to play their way only.

Don't worry you didn't miss much, the dungeon was bugged and impossible to complete in the majority of instances anyway, so even people who could access it didn't do the daily... Sad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am not reading 22 pages of posts to share my own thoughts. Let ANet sift through and make up their mind.

More freedom in selecting rewards: good.

Cosmetic and quality of life items added to rewards: excellent.

Weekly objective: welcome addition.

Lowered passive rewards (i.e., a token 5 astral acclaim for just logging in): not happy, but won't complain much.

Set in stone weekly achivements: not a fan, but I can live with the new system.

Loss of loot chests for daily achievements: see previous item. WvW reward track progress potions are very sorely missed.

Set in stone daily achievements: 🤬 This is the one major sore point of the system shift, and one that completely spoils it.

Current selection of dailies as seen on the wiki: not too impressed, and missing some of the old ones, especially those that ask you to complete four events in a core Tyria map. That was a factor in keeping old maps alive.

I have been lucky enough to complete all my dailies for the first six days, but I dread what is to come. Choice of dailies is vital. Change the system to allow a selection of, say, five or six dailies and we are back on the positive side.

I am 3-4 weeks from completing Conflux. I had planned to maintain a token WvW activity afterward, but with the new system, not a chance. I do not intend to set foot there for many months and am glad I won't have to farm more GoB for years, hopefully. Sorry roamers, you just lost my generous contribution of heavy loot bags.

• Like 1

I'm really not pleased with the change either.  I've been playing for 10 years and I don't feel this was something that needed to be messed with.  It's totally OK to leave stuff alone sometimes.

I'll go through bouts of playing heavily, playing just for dailies, or just logging in for the little brown daily chest in the corner.  It depends on what's going on in my life at the time.  And sometimes, it's the little old "samey" details that keep me coming back.  Recently, I'd been on a break, but that little chest got me logging in and starting to do some of the dailies again, and then even the post-EOD living story content.  And I really enjoyed it.  But honestly, I won't be able to afford the Secrets expansion anytime in the foreseeable future, and thus I'm not particularly motivated to look into what these new little blue reward things are, because I know a lot of it won't apply to me.  So, I probably won't even log in anymore for a while, if they've changed up some of the other dailies too, like I'm hearing.

Do the devs care if one particular player logs in or not?  I have no idea if that matters to them.  But I am disappointed with this.  Sorry.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2023 at 6:30 PM, jason.1083 said:

From my understanding people who are complaining are mostly people with dozens of alt accounts for log-ins. They are the only ones seriously affected, otherwise the dailies are about as easy to do as the original ones (some being even easier), they just decreased the the log in reward value drastically while also halving the value of completing the required 3 dailies in exchange for A) letting us choose what game mode we want our dailies to be in and B) letting us choose our rewards from a, (small in my opinion) selection. 

It can definitely see improvements, but it's not a big deal for people who actually played the game anyway. 

sorry, but that doesn't fit with anything I know.

Here's my complaint for the record, other people seem to have the same issue. Yes, I think I mentioned your criticism but no it wasn't aimed at you or any particular person, it was just a weird criticism I had seen.

Other people are complaining that they can't do things they like, as they could before. They're complaining that objectives are bugged and can't be replaced with something else. They're complaining that they're getting objectives from content they haven't started (they didn't buy that expac or they did buy it but want to play in order, or they did buy and even start it but don't have some particular mastery or achievement). Etc. I have those complaints as well.

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/23/2023 at 12:59 AM, DoctorOverlord.8620 said:

Does every person in game have different Daily tasks?   Does this apply for Weekly and Special tasks as well?

Sorry if this has already been noticed, but if this is the case, it is a ridiculous change.   People should be able to log in with friends and do their Dailies *together*.  Assigning different tasks to each account eliminates that shared experience.

as best as I can figure out, daily and weekly is random (but there are few enough that they'll match/overlap with another account sometimes, but not reliably). I think the Special tasks are all the same, but I don't know for sure.

I've seen people say it's based on expansion purchases, and people say they get things for expansions they haven't bought.

I've seen people say it's based on the guild you're repping when you log in, and people who say it's different for all their guild-reppers.

I've seen people say it's based on mastery experience, and people who say it doesn't correlate to that.

So basically it seems like in the new system there's no way to predict if anything will be completeable for you or not.

• Confused 2

On 8/22/2023 at 11:38 AM, Karanoia.2091 said:

When they put in things like "dodge X attacks" or "identify X gear" it just sounds like a terrible teacher giving useless homework for the sake of giving us work.

my best guess is they were trying to use dailies to be sure everyone knows all the features. I think log in hints would work better for that purpose. But, no one asked me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, willow.8209 said:

sorry, but that doesn't fit with anything I know.

Here's my complaint for the record, other people seem to have the same issue. Yes, I think I mentioned your criticism but no it wasn't aimed at you or any particular person, it was just a weird criticism I had seen.

Other people are complaining that they can't do things they like, as they could before. They're complaining that objectives are bugged and can't be replaced with something else. They're complaining that they're getting objectives from content they haven't started (they didn't buy that expac or they did buy it but want to play in order, or they did buy and even start it but don't have some particular mastery or achievement). Etc. I have those complaints as well.

I'm not opposed to adding more options to the dailies, but I don't agree that the system is necessarily worse than the dailies/log ins we had before. It minimizes rewards just for logging in and overall increases rewards for doing specific tasks on a daily/weekly/seasonal basis. 

Which obviously hurts people who thrived on having dozens of accounts just for the log in rewards. Any bugged content is ofcourse annoying when it blocks progression for the dailies, but it's not intentional, so I don't think blaming the team that designed the Wizard's Vault for the bugged mini dungeons in Cantha makes much sense. 

And actually, I'm pretty sure that the algorithm doesn't give dailies/weeklies from expansions someone doesn't own, I've seen complains about people getting dailies from expansions they own but have yet to get into, so technically they are possible for them. This happened with the original dailies because we had HoT and PoF requirements for them, the difference was that when someone couldn't go to those areas they could substitute them with WvW/PvP dailies, and that's pretty much the only downside, you can't do that now, for that I do agree with adding more options, options more creative than (Preform 3 Combos). 

I don't really believe all the other theories about the different dailies. From my understanding there's only 2 things that matter, the expansions owned and the selected game modes, if someone owns the same expacs and has selected the same game modes as someone else they should get the same dailies. 

11 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

Snip

I don't really believe all the other theories about the different dailies. From my understanding there's only 2 things that matter, the expansions owned and the selected game modes, if someone owns the same expacs and has selected the same game modes as someone else they should get the same dailies. 

You are correct about this they do get the same I have 5 accounts 3 of them core only and all clicked in only pve tag.

All core got the same weekly and same dailies the whole week.

My hot/pof and Eod got different mix of dailies.

Vayne said in one of the threads they have 9 accounts and aslong as they hade same expansion and same choice they got  the same dailies.

As did their spause with 9 accounts both of them got same as Vayne according to expansions owned.

So yea Willow and their husband have not done something completely the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/23/2023 at 10:49 AM, Acewings.6872 said:

They should just give us 60 points per day then and let us choose which rewards we want. That would have actually been an improved system over the old one

This is an improvement over the old one. Some people can't see it.  You get 5 of the currency a day for the daily log in but dailies are worth more generally. The truth is you can get much more from the current system than you can from the old system, not JUST for logging in. Since some people bought 100 accounts, or had a 100 accounts from various promotions, and logged in automatically on all of them, it screwed the economy. Right now, I'm making much more a day than I did from the old dailies plus log in rewards. 

The argument I was getting stuff without playing and I still want to get it is valid. Anet is saying play the game and get more than you got before, instead of logging in and not playing. This is better for me, and whether or not it's better for any other individual it's MUCH better for the game.

2 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

This is an improvement over the old one. Some people can't see it.  You get 5 of the currency a day for the daily log in but dailies are worth more generally. The truth is you can get much more from the current system than you can from the old system, not JUST for logging in. Since some people bought 100 accounts, or had a 100 accounts from various promotions, and logged in automatically on all of them, it screwed the economy. Right now, I'm making much more a day than I did from the old dailies plus log in rewards. 

The argument I was getting stuff without playing and I still want to get it is valid. Anet is saying play the game and get more than you got before, instead of logging in and not playing. This is better for me, and whether or not it's better for any other individual it's MUCH better for the game.

Exactly, and if the calculations that people made are correct we should be able to grab everything from the shop before it resets, I already got the griffon skin, the emote, all the 15 AA gold and more than half of the mystic coins available, and I can see I still have so much more AA to get for the rest, meanwhile I'm not interested in the armor/weapon skins they got in there, so I'll just buy more gold instead, it's overall more rewarding for people who spend time playing and far less rewarding for people who just log in.

A good way to deal with the people who farmed log ins while also providing a substitute for the rest. 

Although some stuff in there are, questionable, like 50 AA for Obsidian Shards... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 7:36 AM, jason.1083 said:

Well then it's more complicated because you guys want the best of both worlds, super easy dailies that respect your time and get you quick rewards as well as dailies that give you the insensitive to do content and expirience the game in full. You can't have both, if you want dailies that make you expirience the game in full then those dailies will be more difficult to do than viewing a vista. 

This is, what I (=a new player) gets after login. Happy days.

Screenshot of Dailies at level 2.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, FalanuLachance.4576 said:

So, the dailies would be difficult for a totally new player as well, overall this seems easier than what you could have gotten before. I'm guessing the Kryptis bounty is just a Kryptis rift, which happen in core Tyria.

The defiance bar just requires a champion enemy, bandit leaders for example, people do them often and they do come with a defiance bar.

And the mystic forge needs you to just combin anything in the mystic forge, including 4 pieces of common gear, still counts, and it existed before anyway. 

I understand they might seem difficult to a new player but they're just as difficult as the original dailies would be to a first timer. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, FalanuLachance.4576 said:

And every bit of that stuff is easy to do. Super fast and easy.  You have an 80 character, or you wouldn't get it. You can buy cheap dyes at the tp, or any 4 cheap blue items, take them to lion's arch, place them in the mystic forge., and that's your first daily.

There are people all over timberline falls doing the open world events called Rifts. Groups of people. Lots of groups of people. Go wait by the gentle river waypoint till one spawns, it won't take long, and do it. That's two dailies.

Breaking an enemies defiance bar can be done in several places, including the same event that you do the rift in, since the bosses all have defiance bars. Find out which of your skilsl has defiance break, it's listed on the skills and hit the boss with it before he dies. 

Done, your daily.  Todays daily took me 5 minutes, because I know where to go. You're new, you have to expect to learn the game, it might take you 15 minutes.  Shrugs.

Oh joy. Retrospective Runaround as a weekly. Not just a JP, but one of the longest bloody JPs in the game.

I did this a LONG time ago. You want a way to get more recent players to experience this content, then feel free to introduce something that encourages that. Just don't tie it into the rewards system that you've replaced log-ins and dailies with.

Any chance we see an ANET response today to this kittening debacle? An acknowledgement that they've made a mistake and are working to fix it? Maybe not an actual timetable for that fix yet, but at least a sense of urgency from the Devs?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Weekly choice seems to be good. Switched from PvE/PvP to full PvP do avoid the tournament match requirement. Though I'd only miss 40 acclaim with that one. Big chest still possible. I might play less PvP though since I soon finish the seasonal last chest I guess. Then only 1 match every now and then instead of my regular 3-4 per day.

Strike the shiverpeaks pass can be done - easy even without playing a pro build. Not pure elitist content. So that is okay. The meta in Echovalds ... I might join when the map has daily stuff since I still do EoD dailies for some writs and favor to save up. Easy since the meta is still done regularly and belongs to the easier ones.

(Though I think they should also put in core content - even for people that do own the expansions. The orr temple stuff afaik has no fixed timers though - harder to plan for it. Orr sure would be nice to have some reward-reason to play it every now and then.)

Not sure if I switch to PvE/PvP during the week for the dailies while still having to finish my seasonal chest - or if staying with full PvE. The stuff is nice there in PvE as well. (Except having to use mystic forge then I don't really need it.) Event stuff in PvE for weeklies gathers up automatically. Low requirements. Gathering can also be done easily.

This weeks weekly JP is not that hard I think mounts are allowed? Someone needs to give a quick reply if moving to the chest with mount is possible to trigger the reward - if you you need to pass the checkpoints to open the chest.

15 minutes ago, Kirill.6798 said:

New week - more madness.
"Defend 10 WvW objectives"
"Escort 10 Allied Supply Caravans in WvW"
Anet, are you still kidding, right? It's a mockery!

Why is it madness if a player that likes WvW has to barely do anything? And players that do not play WvW do not to play WvW at all when they disabled it in the selection. Sounds almost like you don't like WvW and didn't disable it ... cause you did not read the description on how the system works and are now trying to blame things on others.

Edited by Luthan.5236

19 minutes ago, Kirill.6798 said:

New week - more madness.
"Defend 10 WvW objectives"
"Escort 10 Allied Supply Caravans in WvW"
Anet, are you still kidding, right? It's a mockery!

Why is this madness? Last week I completed these two without any issues. 
You have a whole week to do them. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Why is this madness? Last week I completed these two without any issues. 

Because both these tasks are downright annoying. There are a lot of topics on the forum about the defending task and some troubles with completing it. It is possible but you must spend a lot of time. But more idiotic is the escort task. What should we do it for? It's stupid unusable content - you run with a caravan and nobody has attempted to fight with you - you fail. It's a mockery as I said before.

28 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

You have a whole week to do them. 

Oh yeah, I must spend all my time escorting caravans. God bless you, Anet!

34 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

and are now trying to blame things on others.

Really? Maybe there shouldn't be any strange stupid idiotic tasks at all? How about capturing some keeps and towers, or how about killing invaders? I can pay attention to the old weekly WvW task list. And what do you see? Please show me the escort task in this list.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1