Relic Of Antitoxin is going to need to be either nerfed or removed from SPvP

3 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Soul beast is fine... aside from this new information surrounding antitoxin. Everything has something to keep it in check. Trevors right - condi play keeps many builds in check with out condi we have a much larger actual balance issue. 

there are some good relics that increase condi diversity on specs, such as Relic of Vass and Fractal Relic. trust me, condis aren't going  anywhere. some of the best condi runes had whatever 6 slot effects, like orr rune giving +10% HP. obviously that  is good, but  you can totally  play  without bonus HP when using carrion  ammy. now condi specs will be slightly less tanky and do more dmg. 

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Funkle.4913 said:

Outgoing condition cleanses remove an additional condition. This can only affect an ally once every 5 seconds.”

How is this busted…? This looks like a large sacrifice to get one additional cleanse on bear stance. 

its  not  busted, he just sucks at theory crafting

• Like 1

first they should fix stuff like bugged relic of arkeem wich is bonkers on any torment/confusion spec with access to cc, probably bugged sunless rune wich just deals incredible high amounts of dmg, i think it uses pve values... also relics with cc on elite use feel kinda scary honestly. the 5 sec icd will most likely keep it somewhat in check allrdy.

• Like 1

Nah, as long as boar maul exists nothing can ever be as OP! 😂.

I love how things with actual potential to have negative interactions get ignored by the community (i.e. this topic) but random things like merged soulbeast skills are the end of all sPvP as we know it.

Though just reading the wiki, it says relic of antitoxin should affect outgoing cleanses while rune of antitoxin affected incoming (i.e. self) cleanses.  This should mean you can't use it on yourself and if you can than that's bugged as well.

Which if it is bugged and supposed to work on outgoing only is a huge nerf to it in terms of self-sustain, as I've been using that on Druid forever in WvW to regain some condi cleanse since they nerfed druidic clarity.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Confused 1

I went out and tested it on my necro against the engineer in sPvP. The first cleanse with sigil or Spectral Walk cleansed 2. The second cleanse only cleansed 1, so there is an internal cooldown working on it. It's more problematic for classes who have a ton of cleanses they use ever few seconds, like rangers who have Wilderness knowledge and eles who have Smothering Auras and Cleansing Waters, who were already shutting down condition damage builds. 

2 hours ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

So it doesn't need a nerf or anything like you mentioned at all... It needs a bug fix... 

It's not a bug. You guys are reading it wrong. 

Look:

1. Outgoing condition cleanses remove and additional condition. (This can only affect an ally once every 5 seconds.) -- What this is means by "outgoing condition cleanses" it means the ones coming from you. "incoming condition cleanses" would mean the ones coming from someone else. This effect will always cleanse an additional condi on yourself when it is YOU that is casting the cleanse. <- That does not have an ICD. But then the effect is modified with new relic system and points out however, that those outgoing cleanses in the case of effecting allies, can only happen once per 5 seconds. If it was intended to have that CD for yourself and allies, they wouldn't have added the 2nd part of the text. They would have just said in the tooltip: "Cleanses cleanse and additional cleanse - 5s CD" like they do with other simple descriptions.
  2. Relic of Antitoxin - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) go into the link and read it and go to the bottom of the text at the notes and it says: "This inherits the functionality of the old Antitoxin Rune and then it links you to this so you can read it:
  3. Superior Rune of Antitoxin - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) Aside from standard condition cleansing, the rune's 6th bonus is also triggered by condition to boon conversions and condition transfers. This rune works best with smaller, but frequent cleanses or pulsing ones, such as Well of Power, Bear Stance or Shrouded Removal

Aside from me explaining it to you, you can go in-game yourself and see that it is cleansing an additional condi FOR YOURSELF with every cleanse, including sigil effects, as it always has done in the past. So you could use cleansing and purity on a weapon swap and it would be a 4 cleanse while wearing Antitoxin. Something like a defense War with Ire & 1 cleanse on weapon swap trait with cleansing sigils and mending and shake it off, will take no damage from conditions whatsoever.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

8 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Though just reading the wiki, it says relic of antitoxin should affect outgoing cleanses while rune of antitoxin affected incoming (i.e. self) cleanses.

Their description is messed up on new relic of Antitoxin. Unless they've changed what "Outgoing" means game-wide, they've misused the ongoing definition of "outgoing" and "incoming" from the way they've always used it in the past.

For example on Monk Runes, "Outgoing" meant ONLY for allies and never yourself. This is what it always used to mean. But now the content has effects like Antitoxin that uses "Outgoing" when the effect definitely is working on yourself as well.

Maybe they made it so things like Transference or Relic Of Monk is also effecting yourself now as well. I haven't checked. But if this is not the case, they need to clean up the usage of the terms "Outgoing" and "Incoming" for the new tool-tip descriptions because that's a bit confusing.

Or maybe they really did intend on the Relic Of Antitoxin NOT effecting yourself at all, like how Monk Rune healing did not effect yourself but did effect "Outgoing" heals. But if this were the case, the tool-tip description here should be much simpler. It should read something more like: "Outgoing cleanse cleanses additional cleanse for allies. 5s ICD". The fact that they had to specific the difference between how it effects yourself vs. how it effects allies, shows that they did intend of Antitoxin working normally for yourself, as it always has in WvW or PvE.

Nevertheless, they need to clean up the tool-tip description of this relic. It's quite confusing.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It's not a bug. You guys are reading it wrong. 

Look:

1. Outgoing condition cleanses remove and additional condition. (This can only affect an ally once every 5 seconds.) -- What this is means by "outgoing condition cleanses" means the ones coming from you. "incoming condition cleanses" would mean the ones coming from someone else. This effect will always cleanse an additional condi on yourself when it is YOU that is casting the cleanse. <- That does not have an ICD. But then the effect is modified with new relic system and points out however, that those outgoing cleanses in the case of effecting allies, can only happen once per 5 seconds.
  2. Relic of Antitoxin - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) go into the link and read it and go to the bottom of the text at the notes and it says: "This inherits the functionality of the old Antitoxin Rune and then it links you to this so you can read it:
  3. Superior Rune of Antitoxin - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) Aside from standard condition cleansing, the rune's 6th bonus is also triggered by condition to boon conversions and condition transfers. This rune works best with smaller, but frequent cleanses or pulsing ones, such as Well of Power, Bear Stance or Shrouded Removal

Aside from me explaining it to you, you can go in-game yourself and see that it is cleansing an additional condi FOR YOURSELF with every cleanse, including sigil effects, as it always has done in the past. So you could use cleansing and purity on a weapon swap and it would be a 4 cleanse while wearing Antitoxin. Something like a defense War with Ire & 1 cleanse on weapon swap trait with cleansing sigils and mending and shake it off, will take no damage from conditions whatsoever.

Yepp, if it works on the user too, that shall be fixed, as wording reflects it shall only work on allies (and as a supp relic it shall work only on allies). I also think a bigger ICD should be used too at least for pvp and wvw.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mythras.2091 said:

Yepp, if it works on the user too, that shall be fixed, as wording reflects it shall only work on allies (and as a supp relic it shall work only on allies). I also think a bigger ICD should be used too at least for pvp and wvw.

I personally feel 5s is fine as a support effect when it is not effecting yourself. And I don't mind if it also effects yourself, just maybe it only needs to do that once per 5s as well. When Antitoxin is allowed to pulse an additional cleanse for every cleanse effect triggered, it just leads to super bunkering and super supporting.

Anyone who disagrees with this must not play WvW at all. Antitoxin has been seriously busted and way too strong for years, even in environments with 100% condition duration boosts and sigils that add extra condition applications, and ascended stat & foods to bump up condi damage significantly.

I have no idea why the OP post of this thread received mass confused faces. Antitoxin as is is way to strong to unleash into SPvP environment.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/23/2023 at 4:41 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Though just reading the wiki, it says

Do you even play this game? or do you just browse the wiki?

Heres you signature btw...

"I haven't played Ranger Guildwars 2, so I'm operating based on GW2Wiki here"

~Anonymous

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think sPvP has been nerfed enough. There was a time when you could literally make any build by using any amulet, rune, or sigil. But that was nerfed to hell because people like you complained whenever someone outplayed them on a superior build. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1