They ruined the game

33 minutes ago, Rose.2593 said:

More daily options might be nice in future though, as the weekly ones can be tough with limited play time. 

With at least this week’s PVE weeklies, I had 5/6 in just a few hours of play. I would have had 6/6 if credit for one hadn’t bugged.

3 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

nope you are wrong. 

What’s not relaxing about playing the game to get rewards? Is it really that stressful to play the game? Now you even the rewards you want and not rewards that are useless for you? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 6
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

What’s not relaxing about playing the game to get rewards? Is it really that stressful to play the game? Now you even the rewards you want and not rewards that are useless for you? 

Because i liked logging in to get the daily rewards and maybe chatting a bit i work everyday and have a freelance job as well on the side i dont have time to waste just because some genious anet manager though it would be a good idea to force players to waste their time for the rewards.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

So just logging in and doing nothing is more exciting for you than actually playing the game? Weird 

no, you don't get it, logging in, and doing anything else rather than daily chores is enjoyable. Knowing you get a small reward for logging in is exciting and a nice incentive.

• Like 8
  • Confused 6

16 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Um... not that I completely agree with the new system..... but... what's stopping you both from helping each other do each others dailies? regardless if you have different ones? just because one doesn't get credit for a daily from the other, doesn't mean you can't tag along and do them together. 🤷‍♂️

The defender event has been acting wonky ever since they took out repairing for credit for it, maybe this will get more attention finally to get it fixed? they sure as kitten haven't bothered listening to the wvw forums in 6 months since the change.  🤷‍♂️

I am Disabled and I don't get to just sit at my PC all day... So I have limited time to play and I have to make a choice of what I can do in the game, and what I love the most is playing with my Husband and my guild.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

I am Disabled and I don't get to just sit at my PC all day... So I have limited time to play and I have to make a choice of what I can do in the game, and what I love the most is playing with my Husband and my guild.

How different are you two in which expansions you own?

Because if you have the same ones unlocked, and choose the same game modes, you should be getting the same dailies and weeklies. My son and I get the same set each day.

Depending on the size of your guild, maybe you can't make sure everyone has the same, but you should be able to sync your account with your husband, at least, by picking up whatever expansion one has that the other doesn't.

Edited by Gibson.4036

3 hours ago, Kaibamon.7206 said:

The thing is you pay now and in full, not in increments 🙂

But that's the problem, you are forcing people to play to get rewards. In my case I'd login and know there's something I get for it. And from there I'd just willingly do something more, be it fool around, or an event or explore, but it gave me a little treat at the start and I liked that. I also knew what I get that day and there was no rush. Maybe if you can buy something for the login credit they give you, ok. Otherwise no, you turned a game into a second job. Something I'm tired of doing from other games with battle passes.

I find that they did just that. And I can't play like that....

Logging in only gives you 5 points, but if you do the dailies they only give you 1 Essence of luck 1 gold and 30 Astral Acclaim tokens.... What a joke.....

Most people don't know but you can only get the laurels out of the weekly chest..... I don't even see a way to get the mystic coin yet. and its all about grinding again....

We need our options back, of picking the 3 dailies that best suit us....

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 8/23/2023 at 9:20 PM, Tren.5120 said:

ESO has Login rewards... and dailies.  So, not quite 😛

And I don't think even a significant minority of players care about asset reuse.  Really, that just seems like grasping at straws.  It's not that important, and it makes very little sense to develop new assets (not free) when players are as averse to this game's player base to pay for anything.

The result of that is this.

1) ESO has seals of endeavors which are pretty much the same as the new daily system (i edited my comment above for more info on that)

2) more players then you think about asset reuse as i wasn't the one that started that thread.  just commenting how i liked it.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 5:07 AM, Kaibamon.7206 said:

They removed daily login rewards which was a reason for many to login and surprisingly play a bit after only to replace it with a FOMO Battlepass! They removed much of the rune effects that were ok for a poor relic set. And they removed the reason for specializations since now everyone can use spec weapons.Not to mention the expansion itself is not even complete!. I have huuuge buyers remorse with this expansion. I loved my golemancy rune with my additional golem, why did they have to remove it? I regret buying this expansion and these new changes. anyone else feel the same?

I find it rather hilarious that GW2 was onto a winning formula back during PoF/LW4 times, but instead of keeping it up the studio downsized and we got a rushed IBS so they could do a rushed EoD to lead into a rushed SoTO and other system changes. 

IF the game got no expansions since IBS and instead we got a full IBS we should have gotten, even with nothing else happening, including no pretend Wvw update for alliances as every update to wvw has only made it worse since the alliance "update" beta cough and no pvp updates anyway to talk about the game would have more players and they would be earning thousands more dollars. 

Instead they have chosen to make bad expansions and bad system changes to their winning formula they already had. It doesn't make any sense. If I could play a version of GW2 that ended at LW4 or maybe IBS Drizzlewood with no story (as it was terrible after how EPIC lw4 story was) I could play that GW2 for years and it would be more popular in those zones as it wouldn't have the almost always dead cantha failed expansion zones staining the game. Everything they have done since EOD launched has made people leave and they keep ruining their own game. Then Anet says thanks to all the people still giving them money ignoring all feedback, gotta love that. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 2:49 PM, yoni.7015 said:

YES!!! It IS very stressful when you're a tired, badly coordinated person who has to "defeat 3 enemy players in a structured PvP match".

I do NOT ENJOY THIS IN THE SLIGHTEST!!!

They are forcing me to do things I ABSOLUTELY HATE HATE HATE. What is so relaxing about that?!

I'm so effin pissed they ruined the game I've played for 11 years, and GW1 before that. I used to enjoy this game, but now I have to log in an extra 4 hours just to get the dailies and the weeklies done to get some measly rewards?

Yeah. From next week on I'm cutting back and only log in to chat with friends. Maybe. Perhaps not even that.

Maybe they didn't ruin the game for you, but for me (a tired, badly co-ordinated easy-mode gamer) they did.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Alphonse Constant.2394 said:

YES!!! It IS very stressful when you're a tired, badly coordinated person who has to "defeat 3 enemy players in a structured PvP match".

I do NOT ENJOY THIS IN THE SLIGHTEST!!!

They are forcing me to do things I ABSOLUTELY HATE HATE HATE. What is so relaxing about that?!

You can pick your modes, with the gear icon on at the top of the wizard vault. (It will refresh over the next refresh periods)

as for the rewards being measily…naa. 

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I think what needs changing is just giving us more options to pick from when it comes to daily.
If I pick PvE, let me get -many- options to choose from. Several jumping puzzles, gathering, vistas, events etc. It should be something that we can choose -- freedom of choice.

I really like the concept and the idea of the Vault. I think it's a step in the right direction too and actually motivates me to play rather than login and logout.
The only thing they need to do is just expand the choice and give us MORE options.
I don't PvP nor WvW, I PvE all the time and if I just pick this option I should be able to have several dailies that I can choose from...

Same goes for Weekly.

Give us many options for Weekly. It is a -weekly-, we should choose what we want to do and focus on.

Edited by Blur.3465
  • Confused 1

If all you did, and all you ONLY did was log in to collect the daily reward - then the old system gave more tangible rewards, but if that's all you did then those rewards were basically worthless anyway.

Otherwise, if you logged in, collected your daily rewards and then played for a little bit - this new system, reward wise for actually playing the game, has been proven to be factually more rewarding than the old system. Period. Whether or not you enjoy actually playing the game is up to you, and if don't enjoy playing - I can understand why you're not being rewarded.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

You can pick your modes, with the gear icon on at the top of the wizard vault. (It will refresh over the next refresh periods)

I am well aware, but that doesn't actually help me. I can still get taxing or vexing tasks from WvW or PvE.

I do play PvP, but with friends in a custom arena. I used to do one or two of the old dailies that did not require structured maps.
(edit: actually I could have done this in a custom arena. I'm an idiot.)

Anyway, my issue is with the lack of options. I want the pool of 16 possible dailies back from which I can pick and choose the 3 that I prefer. I don't want to be handed 3 that I cannot complete, or which will eat into my playtime. That is all.

I suffered through this week's hurdles, but I refuse to spend more time on it in the future until we get our options back. And if we don't, I guess I simply won't bother with them, because I don't enjoy this at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

played for a little bit - this new system, reward wise for actually playing the game, has been proven to be factually more rewarding than the old system. Period

Kind of depends on your definition of, "little bit," and whether or not playing for that little bit gets your dailies done. 

If you complete your dailies, then absolutely the rewards are nice. I think the WV is a fantastic addition to the game, but you dont get access to it to any significant degree by just playing a little bit. You get it for completing specific tasks as assigned by whatever rotation ANet has set up.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Alphonse Constant.2394 said:

I am well aware, but that doesn't actually help me. I can still get taxing or vexing tasks from WvW or PvE.

I do play PvP, but with friends in a custom arena. I used to do one or two of the old dailies that did not require structured maps.
(edit: actually I could have done this in a custom arena. I'm an idiot.)

Anyway, my issue is with the lack of options. I want the pool of 12 possible dailies back from which I can pick and choose the 3 that I prefer. I don't want to be handed 3 that I cannot complete, or which will eat into my playtime. That is all.

I suffered through this week's hurdles, but I refuse to spend more time on it in the future until we get our options back. And if we don't, I guess I simply won't bother with them, because I don't enjoy this at all.

Fixed it for you.

• Sad 1