Why would u make ascended armor/weapons accessable via dailies?

7 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Hmm, I just sold all my bolts of damask I forgot about.

As for this capitalism you worship, those that do not diversify and adapt lose. You should accept the result. I have plenty of stuff for you to buy btw.

Or i could complain and the devs could see it and change it back, as they should.  ANd i am diversified this was just one of my ways of making gold, and I dont like it being eliminated for the benefit of a bunch of new players who dont have to put in any work like veteran players did when it was already balanced in the first place.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Craft funded half of my legendary equipment. The other half was trade and money through playing, especially at festivals there is good money in the early stage.

Before crafting items I farmed the money, Anet has removed the possibility at some point, was annoying because it was so easy but then I just found another way - crafting - which was less lucrative but took much less time.

Find other ways for gold. I can't imagine you made much profit with exotic craft.
Trade the new daily currency for gold in the reward tab and you don't need to craft.

You're right it wasnt that much gold from crafting components, so why change it?  Meager profits, balanced access to ascended gear for new players, reasonable prices, and they disrupt the entire thing. WHY?  This is why its absurd they made this change when ascended was already pretty easy to obtain, I guess they wanted to obliterate the crafting market and all of you think its perfectly fine.  ALL OF YOU WHO DONT CRAFT AND DONT CARE ABOUT IT AS AN ISSUE.

• Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Or i could complain and the devs could see it and change it back, as they should.  ANd i am diversified this was just one of my ways of making gold, and I dont like it being eliminated for the benefit of a bunch of new players who dont have to put in any work like veteran players did when it was already balanced in the first place.

Ascended gear was added by the game's equivalent of a government entity in contradiction of its own founding principles. Taking advantage of a government mandated program isn't capitalism, its leeching off the teat of figurative big government programs.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Ascended gear was added by the game's equivalent of a government entity in contradiction of its own founding principles. Taking advantage of a government mandated program isn't capitalism, its leeching off the teat of figurative big government programs.

I have no idea what you're talking about.  This is an inane response to a game issue.  This is not a political forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ascended gear was added post launch by Anet. We were told prelaunch that it would not exist. Anet is the governing body of this game. Profiting off of a government program, ascended gear in this case, as opposed to producing your own product, is no more capitalism than is someone selling their food stamps.

• Confused 4

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Ascended gear was added post launch by Anet. We were told prelaunch that it would not exist. Anet is the governing body of this game. Profiting off of a government program, ascended gear in this case, as opposed to producing your own product, is no more capitalism than is someone selling their food stamps.

This is an inane response to a game issue.  This is not a political forum.  Way to derail the thread though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

This is an inane response to a game issue.  This is not a political forum.

I am not making a political statement beyond countering claims made earlier in this thread referencing capitalism as it pertains to ascended gear acquisition. Don't want political commentary? Dont reference an economic system intrinsically linked to politics.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

As the OP stated at the top of this page - crafting funded half his/her legendaries. Seems to be upset He/she will actually have to go out and earn them the slow way like the rest of us.

He/she also made a comment on a previous page about people being jealous of all his/her shiny stuff. It's pretty obvious that the OP has a problem with other players having easier access to new shiny stuff.  OP might have some kind of a superiority complex and is feeling a bit upset that he/she won't be unique or special anymore. 

Your billion gold business took a hit in its quarterly profit. Get over it and find another way to extort gold from new players that don't suffer from your level of self entitlement.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

As the OP stated at the top of this page - crafting funded half his/her legendaries. Seems to be upset He/she will actually have to go out and earn them the slow way like the rest of us.

He/she also made a comment on a previous page about people being jealous of all his/her shiny stuff. It's pretty obvious that the OP has a problem with other players having easier access to new shiny stuff.  OP might have some kind of a superiority complex and is feeling a bit upset that he/she won't be unique or special anymore. 

Your billion gold business took a hit in its quarterly profit. Get over it and find another way to extort gold from new players that don't suffer from your level of self entitlement.

crafting and making a profit is extortion to new players lol. this is ridiculous logic, well why dont they not buy my stuff and just level their crafting to 500 and do fractals and raids and get their own ascended gear.  Oh wait now they can just log in and get it and earn it by doing nothing. And somehow im the bad guy this lol?  I think you're just jealous that I make a lot of money on the game, thats all.  So you really have no point and my point still stands that it effects crafters and their market (not just mine) and you're just sour grapes that you dont craft and make money too.  ALso there are lots of other ways of making gold but i would never stoop to "making gold like the rest of us" I have other ways that dont involve that or a credit card lol.

• Confused 5

18 minutes ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

Isn't that what many players are theses days? They all wish their shinies are exculsive to them only and if there is a way to get them easier, they will come to the forum to cry and huff and puff 💨 your stuff away.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If the ascended gear in question comes as a reward from getting the astral currency, it will probably still be faster for new players to craft their own ascended gear in the end. Most new players will be months off of being able to actually complete all 4 dailies on any given day (much less many days in a row) since the dailies aren't limited to content you've unlocked but rather all content across all xpacs you own. Since most dailies seem to be focused on later game content that a new player won't have unlocked yet, a lot of new players will probably only be completing 2 out of 4 most days anyway. By the time a player gets to the point that they're able to do enough dailies to get the chest regularly, they'll have had a ton of time to be crafting/buying stuff to craft it.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 3:05 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

It totally messed up the economy for lots of people who craft components for these as well as any exotic gear, now nobody is buying them because you can get ascended gear so easily from dailies.  WHY would you do this, ascended was fine the way it was, and its not even that expensive anymore, not to mention it completely negates all the work we had to do years before to attain ascended, makes it a complete joke to get full ascended now. 

Sounds like a "get off my lawn" or "back in my day we had to walk uphill to school in the snow and didn't have the newfangled cars" moment. And, yes, I have a dog in this fight... I've made probably 40k gold lifetime making and selling Gen 1 weapons. With the wizards vault it will crash that market. Oh well, things change. Adapt and move on. Just because it was "harder" back in the day doesn't mean it needs to be now. Just because the prestige of having leg weapons might diminish I guess I didn't place my worth in those things. I guess I just don't have a victim mindset. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

If the ascended gear in question comes as a reward from getting the astral currency, it will probably still be faster for new players to craft their own ascended gear in the end. Most new players will be months off of being able to actually complete all 4 dailies on any given day (much less many days in a row) since the dailies aren't limited to content you've unlocked but rather all content across all xpacs you own. Since most dailies seem to be focused on later game content that a new player won't have unlocked yet, a lot of new players will probably only be completing 2 out of 4 most days anyway. By the time a player gets to the point that they're able to do enough dailies to get the chest regularly, they'll have had a ton of time to be crafting/buying stuff to craft it.

This is interesting actually because apparently you get wizards vault tasks depending on the expacs you own, so it might be better for people who don't want to spoil the game by rushing to get to the dailies to buy the expacs progressively as they play through the game to avoid getting impossible for them dailies. 

And also it's not just the ability of the new players to do these tasks, it's also the fact that to get a full set you'll need 2 seasons of the wizards vault worth of purchases, so even if someone can rush it now, they'll need to wait 2.5 months to get the rest for cheap, so that's a reasonable time gate to obtain full ascended armor/weapons. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brandolf.6048 said:

Sounds like a "get off my lawn" or "back in my day we had to walk uphill to school in the snow and didn't have the newfangled cars" moment. And, yes, I have a dog in this fight... I've made probably 40k gold lifetime making and selling Gen 1 weapons. With the wizards vault it will crash that market. Oh well, things change. Adapt and move on. Just because it was "harder" back in the day doesn't mean it needs to be now. Just because the prestige of having leg weapons might diminish I guess I didn't place my worth in those things. I guess I just don't have a victim mindset. 

asking for the devs to remove it or revert it back isn't a victim mindset.  You should voice your concerns.  I know quite a few people who sell gen 1 legendaries and they are really upset about the free legendary starter kit from dailies, and for some of them its their only source of income.  At least im trying by complaining and voicing my disapproval.  at least I did that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

18 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I guess they wanted to obliterate the crafting market and all of you think its perfectly fine.  ALL OF YOU WHO DONT CRAFT AND DONT CARE ABOUT IT AS AN ISSUE.

But I do craft to sell, I'm not done with my legendary stuff yet. So stop complaining as if you're the single victim here.

I just changed the recipes and craft something else.

Use gw2efficiency and find other goods to craft and sell.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

Just like the stock market, not everything is going to always go in your favor. That's how economies work. The ebb and flow of life, changes, disasters, relief... those all effect an economy. You're upset about the economy for your benefit got messed up. But dude, that's how the economy goes. People who once profited, aren't always going to. At some point, things shift. That's why putting all your eggs in one basket is never the way to go.

Personally, as someone who when through those struggling of equipping my first character, and have 5 legendaries now (more in progress)... I'm so happy about the ascended boxes and legendary starter kits being in the vault. It's awesome! Just because I suffered, doesn't mean I want others to suffer as well.

I help new players out quite a bit, I help them figure out starter builds for their play style, help them gear up, go through the story, find what game mode they enjoy, etc. There's nothing wrong with making the game less of a "job" for others. Sure you can get a lot of ascended boxes from fractals and raids... but not everyone enjoys that gameplay. It's important for people to feel like they can enjoy the game however they want. This helps them do that.

Just because we suffered through it, doesn't mean other should, too. And just because you aren't profiting, doesn't mean the economy is wrecked. It just changed, as an economy does.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone enjoy the game. I look at the good a change can bring. You should try it sometime.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Nothing I said in this thread is untrue.  Giving ascended gear via dailies is detrimental to veteran players accomplishments it also adversely shrinks demand on the TP for crafted ascended goods.  This is all for the sake of new players who can then obtain the gear easily by simply logging in, thus ruining the crafting/component market. 

There's a pattern to these types of posts, and I believe my opinion on this issue outweighs lots of other players, because I have played guild wars since gw1 launched over 20 years ago.  There have been many threads in the past on similar issues where I pointed out a flaw in either gameplay or a mechanic decision, and an entire bandwagon of people come out just like this on this post on the forums, and ridicule my position. Those people, don't actually disprove what im saying, (SO I HAVE A VALID POINT AND IT IS AN ISSUE ITS JUST NOT AN ISSUE ANYONE IN HERE CARES ABOUT) they just say things like oh well, or LOL, or cry more, or do something else, or just deal with it, or find another way to make gold (I HAVE ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT WAYS OF MAKING GOLD ALREADY, THANKS).

In the end, all of the people who criticize my points move on and quit the game years later or the devs quit and move onto other game companies.  I cant even count how many threads Ive made about issues back in 2016 or 2019 and they went down exactly like this thread, and in the end I WAS RIGHT AND THEY ALL QUIT AND MOVED ON and the problem PERSISTED.  I'll still be here though and just like those threads from 2016 or 2019 some new player will come in years later and complain about this issue, and WILL TAKE the EXACT position I'm taking on this issue, and it will sound something like this:  "wow crafting is useless, nobody buys this stuff, why do they have this system, I feel like i wasted my money leveling crafting." 

99% OF THE PLAYERS IN HERE RIDICULING MY POSITION WILL HAVE QUIT THE GAME AT THAT POINT, AND MOVED ON.  MY POINT WILL STILL BE TRUE HOWEVER, I WILL HAVE VINDICATION THAT MY POSITION WAS CORRECT ALL ALONG, AND THAT THIS DOES HURT THE ECONOMY AND PEOPLE WHO ENJOY CRAFTING, AND THAT YOU'RE ALL WRONG AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I complain about it because I want it changed, and I know I'm right on this issue.  The dailies affects anyone trying to sell gen 1 legendaries or any type of weapon/armor on the TP , It has dried up the demand for armor/weapons/legendaries, AND IT HAS DEMINIMIZED THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF OBTAINING LEGENDARY GEAR you are RUINING THE ENJOYMENT OF VETERAN PLAYERS and CRAFTERS FOR THE SAKE OF EASE OF ACCESS TO THE GAME FOR NEW PLAYERS.  ITS A HUGE DEAL and it DE MINIMIZES VETERANS ACCOMPLISHMENTS and THE FUN OF THE GAME, and I DONT LIKE IT and neither do A LOT of other people.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Quoting myself from the "Skyscale crying thread". Just replace "Skyscale" with "Ascended Armor":

Gamers are having fun with the Skyscale for four years and will continue to enjoy it, even though more people can engage in the Skyscale gameplay. But GamersTM don't like that more people going to have fun, despite the fact, that their enjoyment will not suffer from it. "The fanbase is fn exhausting!" - James Stephanie Sterling  

Edited by Maria Murtor.7253
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Sounds like someone's a little cranky that their little income stream took a dip. That's the economy for you. Find something new to invest in, I guess?

If  QoL changes like this draw in new players and keep them engaged and playing, I see that as a net win for GW2's ecosystem as a whole. Instead of wasting weeks on crafting timegatey ascended gear they can earn it quicker and spend more of their time enjoying actual content. Same goes for legendary kits. I don't mind that they exist, in fact I'm looking forward to a few specific ones rotating in so I can get in on crafting those.

PS: Ascended gear was already crazy easy to earn via Prophet Shards. Did you complain about it then too?

Edited by Caitmonster.9036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Why did they make ascended armor available? Because they decided that average player having a better access to endgame gear is worth more than you continuing a business that (by your own admission) has already made you extremely wealthy and funded a number of legendaries.

Honestly, you sound like a certain well known twitter... i mean eX-businessman complaining that government wants to make him pay taxes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/27/2023 at 7:59 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Sorry offering my services and crafting things for people is a benefit because they are using my level 500 crafting to obtain the item they want, which i worked hard for to level up.  Its also a free market, dont buy it if you dont like the price. its a simple as that.  What should i be doing selling crafting components at a loss lol? ok you first have at it.  But when you see me with all my infusions and legendaries, dont be jealous cuz then you might be inclined to turn a profit too lol.

I long for the day Anet puts a graphics option to dim graphics for players that look like fireflies to oblivion.

Right now if I see you with all your infusions and legendaries, I turn the detailed player model to minimum to protect my eyes and my monitor from the clown fiesta you look like. You actually look like just a nametag to me.

L O L

Edited by gousgou.5438
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4