Someone sell me on this new expansion

Razor.6392

If you have to pay for “nothing” (new) then you can also play a subscription based game like WoW. There you get. New raids, pvp content, weapons and more. Sure you must like the cartoon graphics but they are not that bad. Gameplay (contend) > physics. 
and guildwars 2 earnings where not that bad i saw someone posting. Billions. They just have to increase the desinger team who create new ideas for new content. Yes its an investment and never know if it works. But now they play safe with a smaller team and see how far they can go (where ppl are willing to pay for less) so is more money for the small team. This is just my opinion. Dont know if its true. 

true everything they create is beautiful. But there also has to be something to do in a map. Outside is also beautiful and cost nothing. If you see EoD maps. Very well desinged maps. All 1 big meta and only 1 that has a reward and thats soo-won with an item with a droprate Super rare. That means. You only fight for fun but not rewards. The loot that drops in other mmo games are in the store of guildwars 2. 

FEEDBACK: maybe an idea like the aurene weapons. For those legendary weapons you can create a new skin. Maybe they should also do that for legendary existing armor. (From raid with animations) and pvp and wvw. So ppl can upgrade their legendary armor for a new skin. But then just a huge collection as if its a whole new armor. This way ppl still have something to do. And have to play raids again for the new skins. This can also be done to legendary backpacks and trinkets for different physics above the head. 

Edited by Holmindeboks.3490
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:
  1. Not entirely correct. Yes, we get to see Zojja again, but there's another important emergency and another chance to save the world. It's not just side missions.
  2. Correct.
  3. Correct. Although I wasn't aware that most of the rewards were locked for non-SotO owners. Sounds like another reason to buy SotO.
  4. Three.
  5. Correct.
  6. I would argue that it's been changed, not destroyed.
  7. No new specializations, although I disagree with your insulting attribution of ArenaNet's motivations.
  8. Correct.
  9. Correct.
  10. Incorrect. The Wizard's Vault is an entirely new system.
  11. Bonus! Also correct.

I spent more than $25 at lunch today. I'd say if $25 is an issue for you then you shouldn't buy SotO, instead you should look for a better paying job.

Lmao I will look for better games instead. AC6 looking sick.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 11:59 AM, Razor.6392 said:

Yes, I 've read the overview post a few weeks ago, mostly skimmed through it, and based on the perspective from a day 1 gw2 headstart player, this is what I know so far:

1. New story: Now that the dragons are dead, we focusing on side stories, this time starring Zojja.
  2. Wizard tower (I thought that was located in base tyria?) or something is the main focus.
  3. There's a new UI icon for this tower next to the trading post and all of that stuff, most of the rewards are locked for non SotO owners.
  4. New maps, not sure how many.
  5. Relic system to help diversify armor runes (so far seems to be doing the exact opposite).
  6. Daily system destroyed.
  7. No new specializations because ANet's creativity has reached its limit (paraphrasing what that post said). Instead they're going to remove the weapon exclusivity for existing specs.
  8. No new mounts (correct me if I'm wrong).
  9. No new pvp or wvw content.
  10. No completely new system (HoT had gliding, PoF had mounts and even though EoD had garbage fishing, it was something at least).
  11. BONUS! Goes without saying but no new classes, races or anything of the sort.

What exactly is worth $25 in all of this? Isn't it just standard living world + relics and other changes nobody asked for?

I already skipped EoD because it didn't deserve to be called an expansion (mainly due to lacking in #9 and #10), why is this $25? Do your best effort in convincing me to buy it!

It does at least give us a reason as to why EoD didn't have any class based runes, they were most likely planning this relic system for awhile (which makes the fact that it released half baked in a beta state to the live game even funnier). I had at the time only bought EoD cause I was hoping to get more story like we got with lw4, I should have realised what we'd actually get. 

I mean experiencing EoD made me quit the game so going by that, I'd stay away from anything flagged with the expansion tag line. PoF set such a high precedent, guess it was truly impossible for them to give us anything close to that, ever again. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

Honestly this thread made me adjust my perspective from the "existing player" role and look at it from a "sales pitch" role for a while, and from that angle the whole thing kind of comes across as a little desperate:

New expansion! New maps! OK, repurposed maps, but we're using them differently! Here, we'll give you a free(ish) flying mount, right out of the box! It takes too long to gear up for end-game content? Fine, we'll throw ascended gear at you! We'll even get you halfway to a legendary weapon just with daily achievements! Don't like that know-it-all Taimi? She's fired! We even changed the subject so we're not talking about dragons anymore! PLEASE come play our game!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 8/26/2023 at 9:56 AM, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:
  1. Not entirely correct. Yes, we get to see Zojja again, but there's another important emergency and another chance to save the world. It's not just side missions.
  2. Correct.
  3. Correct. Although I wasn't aware that most of the rewards were locked for non-SotO owners. Sounds like another reason to buy SotO.
  4. Three.
  5. Correct.
  6. I would argue that it's been changed, not destroyed.
  7. No new specializations, although I disagree with your insulting attribution of ArenaNet's motivations.
  8. Correct.
  9. Correct.
  10. Incorrect. The Wizard's Vault is an entirely new system.
  11. Bonus! Also correct.

I spent more than $25 at lunch today. I'd say if $25 is an issue for you then you shouldn't buy SotO, instead you should look for a better paying job.

You spend more than $25 on lunch 🤔 What on earth do you eat?

13 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Anet should add that flying skyscale combat to WvW.

People laugh but that sounds pretty cool.. It might even get me to do WvW.. might...

5 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

No.

I'll just sell you on Baldur's Gate 3 instead. That game looks great. You could play single or with close friends. Go play that.

Good day.

Actually BG3 is pretty fun, the ending is kinda meh but the game is worth getting if you like D&D.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

I can't even understand anymore what they are thinking.

We aren't meant to. Considering the number of confusebots running through the forums tagging every post that has an even mildly critical tone, and the shocking (even for this place) number of threads getting flushed down the memory hole, that's quite clear.

We are all expected to be cheerleaders, and when the team drops the ball that's our cue to shake those pom-poms harder, damnit!

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2023 at 9:40 PM, Freya.9075 said:

The ability to mount in combat (avoiding trash mobs I don't want to fight), zooming around on ley lines with mounts and use updraft is fun. And a certain strange voice are some of the parts making this expansion worth it to me. There are other things as well ofc, but this is what came to mind at first. The story is actually really interesting and the maps are good.

However, it depends on what you like. There is no way for anyone to "sell" you this expansion as opinions and taste in gameplay is individual. It's a decision you alone have to make.

Hm so $25 for mounted combat and updrafting?

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

On 8/27/2023 at 6:35 AM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

We aren't meant to. Considering the number of confusebots running through the forums tagging every post that has an even mildly critical tone, and the shocking (even for this place) number of threads getting flushed down the memory hole, that's quite clear.

We are all expected to be cheerleaders, and when the team drops the ball that's our cue to shake those pom-poms harder, damnit!

Right? 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

I guess the quarterly sales report will tell us who's opinion is right. 

Seeing how people in the maps I play in are enjoying the new content, I don’t have to see that to know it was a success. People are not complaining about the expansion itself, but the changes made outside of the expansion. Which this topic is not about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I broke down and bought it tonight... I want to do the strike missions with the guild, and I like to tinker with builds and having weapon access gives me options.  If you want either of those, buy it.  If not...

I'm not looking forward to the story, the maps or metas, though, so hoping I can get whatever mastery points I need for strikes and weapons (if any are needed) without having to spend a ton of time in PvE.