The price of Astral Ward Exotic!! Armor is too high

17 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

How?  Why?  Of course it is.  If a player wants the rewards, then the player needs to do the content for those rewards.

kitten content like rift hunting ad nauseam is not acceptable. A game must be fun, so you don't mind farming a long time.

ANet must make farming for the obsidian armor fun.

Edited by Kulvar.1239
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

kitten content like rift hunting ad nauseam is not acceptable. A game must be fun, so you don't mind farming a long time.

ANet must make farming for the obsidian armor fun.

It's optional content.  It's not required to play the game or advance the story.  Players are not gated behind anything if they don't acquire these items. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

It took me 3 years of on-off gaming to farm the WvW armor (1 set). Legendaries are long term goal QoL items, no more, no less, and they are made to be so it takes time to farm all the materials and gold required.

Obsidian Armor should arrive in February next year, there is zero need to craft it in a week or in a month. We don't even know how many ways there will be to get essence, maybe legendary enemies will drop way more. 

Edited by Dawntree.7246
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

You think that's bad?  Take a closer look at the legendary collection requirements.  Notice that item that requires 25 amalgamated essences?  Yeah, that's 6250 common essence, 2500 uncommon essence, and 1250 rare essence.  Holy rift farming, Batman!  I've already unlocked half of the Astral Ward set and I don't mind rift hunting, but this seems...excessive.

The Raid legendaries seem considerably cheaper. 😉

Anyways, purely open world armor, exactly what was asked for. No need to play anything other than open world, price is fine as long as nothing else is involved. I suppose people need to be careful what they wish for.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

You don't need to do anything, but the only point of a game is to have fun.
For people who want to grind boring things, there's already the job market.
I want my grind to be fun.

Fun is subjective.  There are many aspects of GW2 which are fun for some players and not fun for others.  Should ANet change their entire game design to suit your definition?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

To be honest, so much rift hunting would probably get me in a sick bed. It wouldn't hurt if they added some other sources of essences. Don't you get some from Soto meta events?

They could add a vendor in Wizard Tower that would exchange elegy mosaics (pof) and maybe some hot stuff like auric ingots, reclaimed plates, chak eggs for essences. Could be limited per week.

I already have 2 sets of legendary armour and was thinking to maybe go for this one for the last one. But I am already bored of rifts so no way.

17 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Anyways, purely open world armor, exactly what was asked for. No need to play anything other than open world, price is fine as long as nothing else is involved. I suppose people need to be careful what they wish for.

Personally I had hoped the OW leg armor would be more fun to grind for. Varied collections and whatnot. Doing rifts full time for a few months sounds awful (purely because they are so repetitive and boring). Wouldn't be so bad if the essences were tradable. But the idea of farming 19500 Essence of Despair (T1 Kryptis Essence) oneself seems pretty bad. In comparison, WvW seems like a lot more fun. At least there you get progress regardless of what you do.

Mind you, I don't have any real complaints about this. It's there for anyone that's so turned off by the 3 other game modes that they want to pursue the armor this way. And maybe rewards will be tweaked at some point, and make this approach either more fun or more rewarding. Leg rifts are supposed to be a thing. Those bosses might have interesting mechanics. We'll see.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Fun is subjective.  There are many aspects of GW2 which are fun for some players and not fun for others.  Should ANet change their entire game design to suit your definition?

You're disingenuous.
PoF bounties have way more variety (116 foes, 90 at launch) and modifiers to make the fights non-repetitive.
Kryptis rift hunting has exactly 6 possible big foes that never vary.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

14 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

You're disingenuous.
PoF bounties have way more variety (116 foes, 90 at launch) and modifiers to make the fights non-repetitive.
Kryptis rift hunting has exactly 6 possible big foes that never vary.

I guess time will tell.  ANet has the metrics on how often bounties are run (when they weren't an old daily).  Perhaps they view the more casual audience isn't engaged with that type of system and that's what brought about the rift hunting content.  Also, aren't rifts to be expanded into the later maps?  Maybe those will be different from these?

As for being disingenuous, I disagree.  Since you made the comparison, I'd assume that you prefer the bounties over the rifts. That's being subjective.  There were complaints about the skyscale quest but then there were those who stated that they loved them.  Same could be said of jumping puzzles.   /shrug

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to The price of Astral Ward Exotic!! Armor is too high
3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Then don't do it.  There are other avenues for acquiring legendaries.

Not to mention that legendary isn’t necessary to begin with, you can now get full ascended gear (instead of just trinkets), tied in stats, completely deck a character out literally just by logging in if you wait long enough, and minimal effort to make it faster

Shiny things are shiny. If you want this particular shiny, the path to get there is partially obscured at the moment, but largely known, so all you have to do is follow the path

• Confused 1

One of the things I like about legendary armor is that it comes in 18 distinct pieces. People tend to quote the price for a full set, or a full set of one weight, but you can totally pursue one piece at a time. I managed my PvP back item, then two PvP armor pieces before getting tired of the afkers and match blowouts. And I'm glad I have those two pieces so far.

Of course, this time there's considerable cost in the gateway achievement, so doing one piece doesn't mean only 1/6th or 1/18th the cost. From what I can see right now, though, I'll likely do the Astral Armor, then try to knock out one piece of Obsidian, then reassess whether I want to keep going.

Long term goals are always nice when you get rewarded at the mileposts along the way. 

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The Raid legendaries seem considerably cheaper. 😉

Definitely not what ANet is going for, I expect: "The players of our game will regret asking for things to be added to the game. They will fear doing so in the future."

Though I'll admit, they have achieved it more than once. "We want Cantha" springs to mind.

Maybe it's good they finally locked the swimsuit thread....😬

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2