SottO strikes are even less rewarding than EoD ones

• No gold reward on daily completion(Weekly only)
  • No Antique Summoning Stones for green prophet shards

People don't play MMO's just to "Play" them, the majority need some type of reward or goal to work towards. These rewards suck.

Your "rewards team" has failed at every step of the way since EoD release, and is consistently getting worse.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

On 8/27/2023 at 2:19 AM, Kozumi.5816 said:
  • No gold reward on daily completion
  • No Antique Summoning Stones for green prophet shards

People don't play MMO's just to "Play" them, the majority need some type of reward or goal to work towards. These rewards suck.

Your "rewards team" has failed at every step of the way since EoD release, and is consistently getting worse.

Eod Strikes never had an option for Summoning Stones for Shards, they were a reward for CM. Summoning Stones are also tied to the EoD expansion so, it makes no sense they would drop from SotO Strikes.

And the gold for the EoD strikes were in the weeklies with nothing in the dailies. What you experience is that SotO only have two Strikes of two gold each and EoD have four at two gold each.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

Theres no crystals for completing new strikes?

You get crystals, but they have no value now. They offer even less rewards than EoD's already anemic strike vendor did. You can get antique summoning stones from blue prophet shards now instead, which is IBS/EOD strikes(aka just do IBS strikes)

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

23 hours ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:
  • Gold reward to the tune of 2-4 gold on completion (weekly like raids and EoD strikes)
  • Green shards which you can use to buy mystic coins (daily)
  • Chests with exos/rares and a chance at a free ascended weapon

What more do you want? This is plenty good. 

Have you seen fractal rewards? Strike rewards since EoD are downright insulting

Sorry you're ok settling for trash, but I'm not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

No gold reward on daily completion

Weird, I did get gold as reward, and the usual chest. Yesterday I even got an ascended weapon with a unique skin. Most people do strikes for the mystic coins  

12 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Strike rewards since EoD are downright insulting

If you don’t think they are worth doing, then don’t do them. I like doing strikes and not really because of the rewards because I think most of them are fun. 

No Antique Summoning Stones for green prophet shards

Antique summoning stones are EoD, why should you get them from Soto strike currency? 

Not everything has to be about rewards, many play content because they like it. I am full legendary and I still do my weekly raid full clear because I think raids are fun and I like to spend the time with my group. The same goes for WvW, not very rewarding but a lot of fun. 
If you only care for rewards, maybe WoW is a better game for you. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Antique summoning stones are EoD, why should you get them from Soto strike currency? 

You should get something as equally a valuable, not remove a 3g item and replace it with nothing.

People need rewards, especially in MMO's. This is not up for discussion.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

You should get something as equally a valuable, not remove a 3g item and replace it with nothing.

You could get one antique summoning stone per week, wow.
But at least now people will still play the EoD strikes for the summoning stone and the new strikes for mystic coins. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Have you seen fractal rewards? Strike rewards since EoD are downright insulting

Sorry you're ok settling for trash, but I'm not.

Fractal rewards are limited in what you can farm on one account on purpose. You want everything to be as massive as fractal encryptions? You want the kitchen sink too while you're at it? This is just on par with the usual 

Ugh, I can't believe they expect me to - *gasp* - PLAY this game. 

21 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Antique Summoning Stones haven't been removed from the game. They still exist and you can still make legendaries with them. And the newest strikes are normal modes. EoD normal modes didn't give kitten* either. 

Edit: Don't you think you're overdoing it with the word filter when people can't even abbreviate Antique Summoning Stones?

Edited by GeraldBC.4927
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/28/2023 at 10:22 PM, rawisz.6439 said:

You can get 10x mystic coins and clovers per week for green shards just like before, only vendor is in Wizards Tower now.

This.

Besides, the ascended trinkets are for a collection, and while those might not be very compelling for some of us, you can at least rest assured that more rewards will be added with the 3 Updates to come (especially with the CMs).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

I have always enjoyed doing the strikes. I try to do them at least weekly for the gold reward. What I find most fascinating is that it is weekly rewards mainly. Like when people play fractals, they generally get a great amount daily for doing them. That’s why a lot more people fractal on a regular basis. If they did rewards similar to fractals and offer a like amount daily (like key chests you can open and sell the loot for gold), I guarantee you would see a lot more activity in lfg. Veteran players could play what content they want at any time and get decently compensated. I still don’t get why the gold amount doesn’t compare to fractals, when it’s easier to form a 5-man group than 10-man. The coordination to clear is also more difficult (roles, etc). It can’t be that difficult to implement a decent rewards program. I mean fractals has the daily gold from the chests, and they also have rewards you can buy with currency! It has so much you can spend your currency on to give you goals to save up, and daily rewards too, which is by far the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Maybe it's because I've only PUGed EoD on normal model.; I haven't gotten any Antique Summoning Stones. That doesn't mean ArenaNet took them out since that would be a dumb move on their part.

Oh, and and I have no clue why this hasn't mentioned,. But those green prophet shards can still be converted to blue prophet shards, and that's helpful in acquiring Ascended Gear.

18 minutes ago, bruakumfd.4817 said:

Maybe it's because I've only PUGed EoD on normal model.; I haven't gotten any Antique Summoning Stones. That doesn't mean ArenaNet took them out since that would be a dumb move on their part.

Oh, and and I have no clue why this hasn't mentioned,. But those green prophet shards can still be converted to blue prophet shards, and that's helpful in acquiring Ascended Gear.

You only get a.s.s from eod cms

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Antique_Summoning_Stone

Completing any of the following strike missions, with challenge mode enabled:

Strike Mission: Aetherblade Hideout

Strike Mission: Harvest Temple

Strike Mission: Kaineng Overlook

Strike Mission: Xunlai Jade Junkyard

Strike Mission: Old Lion's Court

Limit of 1 per week per challenge mode.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 11:47 PM, Linken.6345 said:

You only get a.s.s from eod cms

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Antique_Summoning_Stone

Completing any of the following strike missions, with challenge mode enabled:

Strike Mission: Aetherblade Hideout

Strike Mission: Harvest Temple

Strike Mission: Kaineng Overlook

Strike Mission: Xunlai Jade Junkyard

Strike Mission: Old Lion's Court

Limit of 1 per week per challenge mode.

Even these were not worth the effort to do for their rewards, and now SotO strikes don't even have this reward. It's insane.

They just want everyone multiboxing dailies I guess. Sign of a dead game, when everyone's a multiboxer.

See: FFXI

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Even these were not worth the effort to do for their rewards, and now SotO strikes don't even have this reward. It's insane.

They just want everyone multiboxing dailies I guess. Sign of a dead game, when everyone's a multiboxer.

See: FFXI

It wasn't part of NM EoD Strikes either. It took long enough for "dead game" to appear in this thread as well

• Thanks 4

20 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

It wasn't part of NM EoD Strikes either. It took long enough for "dead game" to appear in this thread as well

I didn't say the games dead, I said when a game is nothing but multiboxers it means it's dead. This game is on that trajectory with badly designed reward structures that reward multiboxing more than doing actual content.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

I play strikes cuz they are fun. I would still play them without rewards. Actually I play most of gw2 for fun cuz there are barely any worthwile rewards in the whole game.

I have thousands of blue shards that I never spend. For greens I just buy clovers.

If I have any complaint about Soto strikes is that Dagda is underwhelming (understatement, it sucks) and that were only getting 2.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 1:52 PM, Cuks.8241 said:

I play strikes cuz they are fun. I would still play them without rewards. Actually I play most of gw2 for fun cuz there are barely any worthwile rewards in the whole game.

I have thousands of blue shards that I never spend. For greens I just buy clovers.

If I have any complaint about Soto strikes is that Dagda is underwhelming (understatement, it sucks) and that were only getting 2.

they really need to give us a third strike in the upcoming quarterly updates, although i think they said its not happening? i don't know, having to grind just two strikes over and over for mystic clovers got stale pretty fast, and i started getting them elsewhere instead.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1