Instead of removing buggy content from the daily pool...

the dungeon itself isn't bugged, the issue comes from too many players entering and nuking the ever-living kitten out of everything before the events can phase change.

so it's good that they've removed it from the rotation, because it's not designed for a huge group of players all running it at once.

• Like 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

I agree it would be better to fix it. When it works I really like the mini dungeon and I'd like to see it work consistently and with larger groups. (Even 4 players who aren't careful about working together can cause problems.)

But it may not be a quick fix, and it's going to be a problem for everyone who gets it as a daily. I think it's better to take it out of the rotation until it's fixed rather than leave it in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the dungeon itself isn't bugged, the issue comes from too many players entering and nuking the ever-living kitten out of everything before the events can phase change.

so it's good that they've removed it from the rotation, because it's not designed for a huge group of players all running it at once.

The dungeon absolutely  has been bugged from launch and was bugged even when people ran it solo. I’ve often run into the issue. It’s not always bugged, but it def occurs regardless of population.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Let's just go with this is an easier fix for now.  Good to see the response on it and the upcoming change to dailies.  Hopefully they will fix the bug at some point too.

"For now" implies it gonna get fixed, that's bigger cope than wing 8 at this point.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

The post unfortunately only says "We are removing it". But it should say "We are removing it until it's fixed".

I do not like the precedent this sets.
A live service game needs a team dedicated to making sure old content stays up to date. Not just fixing bugs, but also improving systems and applying new improved designs to content that would benefit from it, like how newer instances can change their edges and have more checkpoints.

I do not enjoy telling new players something like "if you disconnect in the middle of the story you can just continue from a checkpoint... but only from this mission onwards... if it's older, you are screwed... and also except for all these chapters in the middle that somehow didn't get this new cool design applied as if whoever made it forgot there's this new tech.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

By definition, if anything in a multiplayer game can't handle multiple players, it's a bug.

In a broader sense, anything any player can break in any game by playing it in any way they choose without literally hacking the code is also bugged -- which would include design faults that make it impossible for gameplay to properly proceed.

So yes, the mini-dungeon is bugged and it's good that they removed it from the daily pool, but it isn't bugged because of anything players do, it's bugged because of what Arenanet hasn't done, which is to fix the bugs.

I don't think we necessarily disagree on this point, just sayin'

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

There's a normal dungeon that's also been bugged since the dawn of time; I think one of the early Ascalon ones? I duoed it with someone like 7 or 8 years ago, but couldn't complete it because an event trigger never went off. I looked it up and it was a well known issue so we left to try again later. Then like 2 years ago we gave it another try and it was still broken at the same spot, and folks were still complaining about it online lol

Poor dungeons don't get a lot of love once they're released.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

A game getting bugged out, unpopular updates with the bare minimum of effort.  

GW1's not getting updates and not getting bugged out, it's in maintenance mode. 
If you think GW2 then define "unpopular", because I've seen bigger complaining when HoT came out. Hell, even Kourna had comparable complaints. Most of the complaints about this "unpopular" update you see are either "I couldn't be bothered to check the system, so it's bad" or complaints about loot and rifts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

GW1's not getting updates and not getting bugged out, it's in maintenance mode. 
If you think GW2 then define "unpopular", because I've seen bigger complaining when HoT came out. Hell, even Kourna had comparable complaints. Most of the complaints about this "unpopular" update you see are either "I couldn't be bothered to check the system, so it's bad" or complaints about loot and rifts.

Maintenance mode implies bare minimum to keep people barely engaged which means bare minimum updates/content etc.  As I have told you in other threads, I am going to happily put your theory to the test on sales, reactions etc.  Looking forward to it 🙂

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Maintenance mode implies bare minimum to keep people barely engaged which means bare minimum updates/content etc.  As I have told you in other threads, I am going to happily put your theory to the test on sales, reactions etc.  Looking forward to it 🙂

Do so. I've been looking forward to people proving the game's been in maintenance mode since LWS2.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

The post unfortunately only says "We are removing it". But it should say "We are removing it until it's fixed".

I do not like the precedent this sets.

It's a sad realization, but a pattern that has existed at Anet for years: if a bug in new content isn't fixed within a few weeks of release, it's likely never to be fixed, as Anet puts the resources into creating new content.

There are of course exceptions to this rule. For example, Anet fixed many older bugs before the steam release, presumably because that would have affected the many new players that Anet was hoping for via steam.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1