Rifts are extremely boring

Shiyo.3578

18 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Hardly a triple A studio.

Dont forget these are just the beginner rifts until future updates bring more challenges and different types of bosses

Where have you read that? How do you know it? T3 rifts already exist and looking at the legendary armor collection nothing new in regards to rifts is coming. 

Its a bad system and is made even worse by the amount needed to be spent to open higher tier ones. 

Would I expect a exotic tier and an ascended tier or legendary tier rift? Yes! But that is just wishful thinking. 

Sitting in front of a tier 3 rift and waiting to see if someone is bold enough to spend the 10 gold to open it for a green item some essence and a bag of 1 silver is the most exciting feature that was ever added to guild wars. 

The system is just bad and needs a complete rework. No idea how this even passed the weekly planning meetings of the dev teams.

It either needs a better way to scale based on how many monster's are killed in a certain time window or something, or permanent rift opening motivations, or a way to craft them using essence only instead of mats. Like you go do 10 tier 1 rifts so you have enough essence for 5 tier 2 rifts so you can have enough for a tier 3 rift, or just award them for the new meta's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Blacklust.4638 said:

Where have you read that? How do you know it? T3 rifts already exist and looking at the legendary armor collection nothing new in regards to rifts is coming. 

Its a bad system and is made even worse by the amount needed to be spent to open higher tier ones. 

Would I expect a exotic tier and an ascended tier or legendary tier rift? Yes! But that is just wishful thinking. 

Sitting in front of a tier 3 rift and waiting to see if someone is bold enough to spend the 10 gold to open it for a green item some essence and a bag of 1 silver is the most exciting feature that was ever added to guild wars. 

The system is just bad and needs a complete rework. No idea how this even passed the weekly planning meetings of the dev teams.

It either needs a better way to scale based on how many monster's are killed in a certain time window or something, or permanent rift opening motivations, or a way to craft them using essence only instead of mats. Like you go do 10 tier 1 rifts so you have enough essence for 5 tier 2 rifts so you can have enough for a tier 3 rift, or just award them for the new meta's.

Is gold required to open a rift? 

• Confused 2

On 8/29/2023 at 3:47 PM, Hesione.9412 said:

I also find the new metas more fun than DE. You don't need an organised squad with a comm organising alacrity and quickness into subgroups. Those are the only times I do DE, and it's now ?1.5 years since EoD launched.

I thought DE is dragons end, but you describe it like a 10 ppl speed run of dragon storm.

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I thought DE is dragons end, but you describe it like a 10 ppl speed run of dragon storm.

Yes DE is dragons end and usualy commander put alac and quick in as many subs they can of the 10 they have, they dont keep everyone as a big blob like all other metas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes DE is dragons end and usualy commander put alac and quick in as many subs they can of the 10 they have, they dont keep everyone as a big blob like all other metas.

I've always been in one big zerg when doing that meta. Dragons End, Dragon Fall, no difference in handling.

But I've only done it about 5 times in total I think. Maybe 10 if there was an achievement to do it 10x.

Edited by Lucy.3728

On 8/29/2023 at 12:58 AM, Dante.1508 said:

Hearts at least felt some what worth doing..

Really? Cuz I saw "do one heart" for daily and was like wow that's boring. XD

I can't preview the legendary armor in-game yet so I'm not too worried about it atm. I'd rather see the full picture of everything I'd have to do at once before bothering too much. I've noticed the buying Motivations for 7g+ each to speed it up sounding ultra unappealing though, as well as seeing commanders apparently scamming people into sending them in mail to them to continue trains.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Another thing that bothers me about rifts is that I don't know why I should be doing them. The use of the essences is extremely limited. I'm done with the achievements that need essences to complete, and now there's just a few minis and armor, both of which hold no interest for me. There's hardly any other reward than these essences, so just over a week in, I'm 'done' with one of the major activities offered by SotO.

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Another thing that bothers me about rifts is that I don't know why I should be doing them. The use of the essences is extremely limited. I'm done with the achievements that need essences to complete, and now there's just a few minis and armor, both of which hold no interest for me. There's hardly any other reward than these essences, so just over a week in, I'm 'done' with one of the major activities offered by SotO.

You need them for the new legendary armor. So a lot of players are going to do them, I am not one of them but the main purpose to do them is for the new armor. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

You need them for the new legendary armor. So a lot of players are going to do them, I am not one of them but the main purpose to do them is for the new armor. 

Yes, I mentioned the armor, and how it holds no interest for me. So there's zero motivation, pun intended, to do rifts now. I just think no activity should have so small a scope for rewards.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Yes, I mentioned the armor, and how it holds no interest for me. So there's zero motivation, pun intended, to do rifts now. I just think no activity should have so small a scope for rewards.

For a lot of players there is motivation because they want to craft the new legendary armor. Maybe there will be more rewards in the future that we can spend all the essences from rifts. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 months later...