Are we loosing him ? Mighty teapot

In honesty, GW2 has lost a lot of full-time big streamers. Mukluk, moved on to other games, still streams GW2 part time. Aurora Peach, Rookuri (bird of chess) same thing, moved on to FFXIV, stream GW2 part-time, Wooden Potatoes, also moved on from GW2 to FFXIV. Bog otter, is now working for the marketing team for anet. Teapot wants to move, whilst it is a huge loss in terms of marketing and getting visual attention on twitch for GW2. And he has done a lot for the community, he deserves success WoW could bring for him. Whilst it will take some time to get back up to the numbers, he gets on GW2 twitch, one thing ppl are forgetting, he has a solid audience base to build up off. 

The real question is, just who will become the "face" of GW2 on twitch.    

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Hardstuck (dont know if him personally) has definitely been running meta trains including Soo Won. Dont know if everyday and havent joined one recently but I am quite sure they are still running it. 

Him and HS are doing a lot of good for the game and community. In all game modes, all dificulties and for everyone to join. 

You know he also hosts fashion events? Which are super cool. You can find them on youtube. They even do all these stuff on both eu and us. 

It always saddens me when players who potentially never even tagged up for the simplest stuff are criticising someone that is doing so much for community just because he also likes and organise events for group content and pvp.  And they say pvp and raiders are toxic but based on these threads there just as much or even more jealous toxic entitled player outside of those modes. 

I lead metas everyday. and many others do.

Guys are finish meta without all over zealotry that kinda of players love.

On 8/31/2023 at 9:51 AM, Kozumi.5816 said:

You mean the most successful and profitable period of GW2?

The most well liked period, as well?

Weird that the game was a massive well-liked success and financially sound when they made a game for gamers instead of mobile autobattler enjoyers.

U mean the quickest hard-nerfed content?

plus PoF mobs are harder than HoT.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"half of the playerbase" so...considering gw2 in general has very little viewers compare to other games and considering he streams ONLY gw2, I am almost sure 99% of people watching him started watching him because they already player gw2. He does not play other games from where he could bring other players, not many people watch random streamer playing random game you know? He is still tiny streamer compare to other games, big in gw, yes but thats it. Tbh I doubt there is more than 100 people playing because of them, which is totally pointless number.  That is just my thought. 

Anyway, I could not care less, his content is unwatchable for last few years anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

"half of the playerbase" so...considering gw2 in general has very little viewers compare to other games and considering he streams ONLY gw2, I am almost sure 99% of people watching him started watching him because they already player gw2. He does not play other games from where he could bring other players, not many people watch random streamer playing random game you know? He is still tiny streamer compare to other games, big in gw, yes but thats it. Tbh I doubt there is more than 100 people playing because of them, which is totally pointless number.  That is just my thought. 

Anyway, I could not care less, his content is unwatchable for last few years anyway.

agreed.

i think the ppl use more the "guides" stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PlayerMMO.3615 said:

I really like his content, and thanks to him I have improved a lot my skills in this game.
I wish the best for him. If he will be happy streaming another game, he should do. What makes we happy is best for us.

I think he's a great communicator, and I like his style.

however I wouldn't call him to be a game designer.
for a content creator or marketing team yes, and I would put him in charge above all in marketing team.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SilverOwl.5071 said:

For hard core player , i only upvote lord hizen he solos everything 😏

Player: Are you gonna solo this?

Other player: I'm not gonna solo it. You solo it!

Player: I'm not gonna solo it.

Other Player: Let's get Hizen!

Player: Yeah!

Other player: He'll solo it. He solos everything!

Hizen: (solos it while eating cereal)

Both players: He soloed it! Hey, Hizen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

On 8/31/2023 at 12:04 PM, Nightcore.5621 said:

In the newest stream he says he been playing alot og wow myth raid lately .. we cant loose him to world of Warcraft. Just release more hard content so old veterans wont feel like 95% of what we get is a joke

stramers content creators go where the money is.

whatever game no matter how good creates more money that what a creator focus on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Morvran.8265 said:

It's sad how many ignorant people are celebrating the loss of major creators here. No, that's not good for the game, but I guess boomers don't understand the internet.

As a GenX boomer myself I have to agree. Most here probably even still watch TV-news! 😷

Streamer is literally the new Astronaut dream job to the young'uns and why shouldn't it be.

Literally everything else has become a slave job.

At least I know these guys are normal and haven't been to some special island,

like ALL the other old-school celebs.

Whose fame is dying and good riddance.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, SilverOwl.5071 said:

For hard core player , i only upvote lord hizen he solos everything 😏

Hizen is unironically a great help to players of all skill levels. I have used some of his builds myself to great effect. They're especially helpful for doing bounties, skill points, and events that barely anyone shows up to these days so you are left to get them done usually by yourself. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

As a GenX boomer myself I have to agree. Most here probably even still watch TV-news! 😷

Streamer is literally the new Astronaut dream job to the young'uns and why shouldn't it be.

Literally everything else has become a slave job.

At least I know these guys are normal and haven't been to some special island,

like ALL the other old-school celebs.

Whose fame is dying and good riddance.

streamer is a slave job as well.

there are many kinds of streamers and a lot of them are a company not a teenager in his room.

game streamers who do 24 hours  live stream peeing in bottles.

not a easy job as it looks

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

54 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

game streamers who do 24 hours  live stream peeing in bottles.

not a easy job as it looks

Anyone streaming live for 24 hours and having to urinate in bottles has inflicted that on themselves.  Also  I don't consider doing so a difficult job.    There are very many difficult jobs in the real world.   Playing a game in front of an audience to the point one has to urinate in a bottle isn't one.  That would just be stupid.  Step away from the camera for a few minutes and go to the bathroom. 

Edited by Nine Inch Snails.7963
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 12:04 AM, Nightcore.5621 said:

In the newest stream he says he been playing alot og wow myth raid lately .. we cant loose him to world of Warcraft. Just release more hard content so old veterans wont feel like 95% of what we get is a joke

I have had been pretty have been doing the same thing. In fact; I have increased my time and investment in playing Healthy Competitive games because the players experiences matters and are invested in. I have been following Mighty Teapot off and on for a while and one thing I will say for sure is; when he wants to, he speak the truth of the poor state of the game including the players Toxic experience with Bad Design and with poor balancing.

One thing that I like with Mighty Teapot is that, he brings other streamers to his channel to share and express their own opinions regarding the state of the game, its changes and how it is impacting the players experiences including their own.

I know there are many streamers who do the same and I praise them as well.

Guild Wars 2 is an 11 years old game with having its positive and its negative changes. Unfortunately, the Truth stands; the negatives outweighs the positives. 

There is so much a caring, dedicating and passionate player whether veteran or not  is willing to take until, the Toxic state of the game break them when words, not actions...outweighs the actions.

Juist like many dedicating, passionate, loyal and caring streamers like the players putting out all their efforts, time and dedication in expressing their concerns and giving suggestions on the forums... who only want to see positive changes, healthy and competitiveness outweighs the Toxic Non-Competitiveness negative changes...we slowly start looking elsewhere to fill the void of where our experiences are invested in and where our concerns are taken into action.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Snails.7963 said:

Anyone streaming live for 24 hours and having to urinate in bottles has inflicted that on themselves.  Also  I don't consider doing so a difficult job.    There are very many difficult jobs in the real world.   Playing a game in front of an audience to the point one has to urinate in a bottle isn't one.  That would just be stupid.  Step away from the camera for a few minutes and go to the bathroom. 

Oh, boy, incoming rant, with a summary at the end:

Fulltime streamer's likely job duties-- Playing a game (or games), creating a script/plan for the stream, maintaining consistency with doing streams, being an entertainer, maintaining/upgrading device hardware to keep it compatible with streaming especially demanding games, setting up a stream, working with sponsorship companies, vetting sponsorships as legit and that the pdf they are sending you isn't actually malware that will steal all your browser tokens and saved passwords and lead to you losing access to your channels..., editing and publishing videos, social media management, content creation, keeping your personal data out of reach of the psychos who form unhealthy parasocial relationships with you and try to stalk you and your family, and a lot more...

If someone is streaming as their fulltime job, it's a LOT more than just playing the game. If the streamer doesn't have a team (which many don't when they start out), they're having to do a LOT of jobs that are usually delegated to other individual employees/teams within an entire company. Some streamers are dropping 60-80+ hours a week on their channels. They have to if they want to stand out amidst a sea of other streamers.

24 hour livestreams to where you pee in a bottle and don't leave your computer/console is insane and horrendously unhealthy (if not downright risky for things like DVT). I hate it when streamers/people do that because it's like, is this really worth your health? Stand up, walk around for a minute, have a glass of water, go to the bathroom, eat a snack, then come back.

I never watch streamers; I jokingly refer to people watching streamers as being like my little brothers who used to watch me play games when they were small, but I can still acknowledge that what they do can actually be difficult. It's not just "playing a game" if they're streaming as a job.

This isn't the Pain Olympics on who has a more difficult job vs someone else. Of course there are people with "more difficult jobs" (though, what are you defining as a difficult job? Oil rig workers? Healthcare? Agriculture? Trucking? DOJ-NSA tech work? <yes, that's a real one; the DOJ is hiring help desk at $77k a year, and you have to get some insane security clearances> Construction? Trades? IT? Financial/Accounting? C-suite?), but that doesn't mean someone else's job isn't difficult just because it's "less" difficult.

Edited by QueenKeriti.5176
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Snails.7963 said:

streamers are not just gamers, influencer is a real job now. and goes into all directions of advertising

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

streamers are not just gamers, influencer is a real job now. and goes into all directions of advertising

I never said it wasn't a real job.  People that earn money doing it obviously do so as a job and I understand that it takes some degree of talent to do so. What I did say was that anyone that streams for 24 hours and has to urinate in a bottle is inflicting that on themselves and that doesn't make it a difficult job.  It is stupid to do so when they can step away from the camera for a few minutes and go the to bathroom instead.

I'll end with saying I have nothing against streamers, Teapot included.  They have done a good job finding their spot and making it work for them. I occasionally watch GW2 streams and my favorite is Laranity.  She always seems so relaxed and happy to interact with her audience both in game and in chat.

Edited by Nine Inch Snails.7963
  • Like 4

On 8/31/2023 at 4:55 PM, CrimsonOneThree.5682 said:

Content creators both on YouTube and Twitch, help to keep the games visibility and relevancy up, although it has to be organic.

That's why ArenaNet is sponsoring people to advertise the game on Twitch, especially since there's been a launch of a new expansion.

Unfortunately, the game itself isn't that popular to watch. The content just isn't there in the long term, to keep people watching everyday,  besides for those supporting their favourite streamers.

They will start doing variety, to stop themselves from burning out, from forcing themselves to play the game, even during Content droughts.

It's not that this game is "not popular to watch". The issue is elsewhere, in the part you omitted. Content creators indeed help to keep the game visibility and relevancy up... but only among very specific part of the playerbase. Most of GW2 players are not among that playerbase, because they are so casual they do not watch those types of streams and vids at all.

It's not that the game is not popular to watch. It's that the game is primarily aimed at a community that does not find streams in general interesting enough to watch.

This of course means that GW2 streamers will always naturally be pushed into trying to advertise for making this game into something different than it is. Because it will always be more advantageous for them to make it better not for more players, or for current gw2 community, but specifically for their viewers. Which, for the most part, are not very representative of this game.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Seriously, people should start listening to what Teapot actually says. His Anet parnership has so much benefit for him that it would be "INSANE" (his words) to drop that unless someone would pay a 6 figure number/month in order to make that worth it (leaving).

That being said, if he wants to stream WoW, good for him, i couldn't care less. I've followed teapot for a little while, and his 'opinions', cause that's what they are, opinions, aren't for me. The simple fact that he says "i'm a consumer", "i'm a mercenary", and "i'm competitive" just rubs me the wrong way. If you play a game you actually like, you promote it somehow, even a little bit. If you're 'a mercenary' you play other games and leave the one you apparently don't seem to like that much, behind. And lastly, a true 'competitive' player ? There is but one gamemode here that can be considered that : PvP.  You seriously can't consider PvE content or even WvW (which is not solo but groups mostly) competitive.

All i see and hear him do is state his opinions and declare those as 'facts', doing PvE content and running around in WvW like some headless chicken hoppin around on his Charr. He dies, he respawns. That's it. I'd much rather watch Mukluk doing content (even non Gw2 related cause he's funny), or Connorconcarne (very friendly bloke) EXPLAIN things to interested players, wether it's raids or build, you name it.

Hell, i'd much rather watch some streamer watching paint dry then hear Teapot yapping about WoW and how 'competitive' he is.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4