Soto too thick on masteries points.

i a very completionist, never before i see a expansion with too scarce masteries points like that, im pity for new players.(i remember that IBS have same problem, and then, they adjusted later to more achievs give masteries points).

lets see my data of spare points for each xpac/living world, with closing near all history/map achievs:

HoT: 22

PoF: 12

IBS: 11

EoD: 17

Soto: 0

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 8

7 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i a very completionist, never before i see a expansion with too scarce masteries points like that, im pity for new players.(i remember that IBS have same problem, and then, they adjusted later to more achievs give masteries points).

lets see my data of spare points for each xpac/living world, with closing near all history/map achievs:

HoT: 22

PoF: 12

IBS: 11

EoD: 17

Soto: 0

you Data is wrong.

there are a possible 65 mastery points earnable in-game at the moment, and we currently require 59 of those to complete the 3 unlocked mastery lines.
this leave you with an excess of 6(not 0) with still another map and another mastery line to be released later.

(Source)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

you Data is wrong.

there are a possible 65 mastery points earnable in-game at the moment, and we currently require 59 of those to complete the 3 unlocked mastery lines.
this leave you with an excess of 6(not 0) with still another map and another mastery line to be released later.

(Source)

Wiki must be incomplete. Like Aravind, I have 7 points left after finishing all masteries.

Good to have a nice head start when the fist update hits.

• Like 4

Keep in mind that the numbers on HoT and PoF Mastery points improved with their respective seasons. Season 3 and 4 added way more than the additional mastery lines required. making it overal easier to get extra.

As others already suggested, it will likely be more easier when more SotO content is released.

There are also some in hidden achievements, so a first glance is not representative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

you Data is wrong.

(Source)

theres nothing wrong, "excess of 6" is just 1% left of 99% things i have completed in soto.

yeah if complete 100% of soto(which is crazy) u have few  left.

the topic is about how thin Soto is.

• Confused 9

4 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Keep in mind that the numbers on HoT and PoF Mastery points improved with their respective seasons. Season 3 and 4 added way more than the additional mastery lines required. making it overal easier to get extra.

As others already suggested, it will likely be more easier when more SotO content is released.

There are also some in hidden achievements, so a first glance is not representative.

in neither of them i needed to complete near 99% of maps achievments to complete the masteries, i still have many POF left behind.

in HoT i bothered with achievs 3 years later.

• Confused 5

11 hours ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

They're going to be coming out with another map for SotO. I'm going to guess that it'll have mastery points too. Then the number won't be zero.

There will be one more mastery track and (as i understand) new tiers to some of the existing ones too. We 'll see how the calculation will look like then.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

theres nothing wrong, "excess of 6" is just 1% left of 99% things i have completed in soto.

yeah if complete 100% of soto(which is crazy) u have few  left.

the topic is about how thin Soto is.

It's not thin and your opening post is a lie (or unintentional misinformation, but after what you just wrote it seems to be turning into a deliberate lie).

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

in neither of them i needed to complete near 99% of maps achievments to complete the masteries, i still have many POF left behind.

This % is as randomly made up as your initial "0" in opening post.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just go into your achievement panel, click the gear icon, and sort achievements for Soto Mastery points. The vast majority of them are very easy, you should have no issue maxing out your masteries. I had enough points to max everything out long before I had the EXP, and that's with me using boosters.

If you wanna talk about Mastery Point scarcity, IBS was WAY worse. SotO hands them out like candy in comparison.

Edited by HeliosMagi.9867
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Just go into your achievement panel, click the gear icon, and sort achievements for Soto Mastery points. The vast majority of them are very easy, you should have no issue maxing out your masteries. I had enough points to max everything out long before I had the EXP, and that's with me using boosters.

If you wanna talk about Mastery Point scarcity, IBS was WAY worse. SotO hands them out like candy in comparison.

i already maxed it, but i have to complete near 100% of stuff.

IBS was patched at time due to ppl complaining.

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's not thin and your opening post is a lie (or unintentional misinformation, but after what you just wrote it seems to be turning into a deliberate lie).

This % is as randomly made up as your initial "0" in opening post.

theres no lie, lol, its insane i have to go adventures to catch masteries, for example.

in HOT, POF, IBS after u can catch masteris point without go in any adventure.

i closed POF/HOT history achievs and map achievs years after lauch. i still have 0 griffon adventures completed.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i already maxed it, but i have to complete near 100% of stuff.

IBS was patched at time due to ppl complaining.

IBS was never patched, it's still the most thin mastery count.

Actually, I bit of people I know never finished IBS yet easily finished Soto. 

Soto is similar to Pof or EoD in term of accessibility of mastery point. 

Actually, the simple fact you (and me, actually) managed to maxed out in a few weeks showed it, IBS took me month, in comparison, and i'm at 0 on it, despite also being a completionist. (The last point are either to long or too costly) 

Just now, Shuzuru.3651 said:

IBS was never patched, it's still the most thin mastery count.

IBS was patched few days after last champions update, saved me from the need of doing the awful "shooting stars", and also i get 11 extra masteries points:

https://imgur.com/a/eJL3DDj

https://imgur.com/OEj2kRR

see discussion before patch a guy recommeding to OP do the "Shooting Stars" to complete masteries points needed.

Killer Waves and Shooting Stars are easily soloed. You only need to activate the boss challenge for them. You only need to avoid AoE effects with a very long telegraph. You can even cheese Shooting Stars by tossing deldrimor acid at the fissures from on top of a skyscale.

• Confused 3

23 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

IBS was patched few days after last champions update, saved me from the need of doing the awful "shooting stars", and also i get 11 extra masteries points:

https://imgur.com/a/eJL3DDj

https://imgur.com/OEj2kRR

see discussion before patch a guy recommeding to OP do the "Shooting Stars" to complete masteries points needed.

Well, shooting stars always was optional. 

Care to share what actually changed ? My mastery point count didn't change at all with champions last update. 

• Like 1

I have 3 extra in IBS. Was a grind near the end though ... unlocking all that stuff where you had to grind DRMs to get the defense seals to buy a crystal to unlock the higher mastery stuff first - then using your mastery points + the exp to level it. I had do to a lot of collections and other achievements to get to the point to have enough and those 3 extra ones left over.

Central Tyria and HoT have a ton though there is harder content (HoT) and Tyria is meant to be experienced slower (was easy for players that had a lot of stuff done before the mastery points got introduced).

PoF and EoD seem okay as well. Lots of collections stuff in EoD though - the stuff tied to the hub (Arborstone). They might introduce more stuff later. Keeping it more tight to get people to play almost all of the content for now. With them even updating existing mastery lines (I think it was in the mentioned stuff) we might need a lot more - for tha last mastery line and maybe additions to the existing ones.

I expect a ton of story related ones and map achievements for the last map and even more tied to skin collections and maybe repeatable stuff and scavenger hunt stuff (more for the Wizard's tower - "collectoins" there).

Currently the main lot are tied to doing the main events even once (each island/bastion) - to get people to play the content. But even without doing the strikes once (I heard they are easy though) it does not seem impossible. Story stuff seeems easy and you can easily get help in map chat for the events if needed.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

in HoT i bothered with achievs 3 years later.

HoT and PoF have LW Seasons that pile a bunch of MPs onto them.

Do it without counting the LWS3 MPs and you'll realize that none of the expansions had a massive amount of easy MPs, doing Masteries on my alt that only has 2 LWS3 episodes perfectly highlights how getting all the MPs for HoT isn't as easy as you are making it seem.
HoT has ~132MPs that are not tied to Raids or LWS3, you need 120 to max out HoT Masteries. That is about the same percentage as Soto. 90% for HoT and 93% for Soto(excluding Strike MPs, with those it would be 90%)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

theres no lie, lol, its insane i have to go adventures to catch masteries, for example.

in HOT, POF, IBS after u can catch masteris point without go in any adventure.

i closed POF/HOT history achievs and map achievs years after lauch. i still have 0 griffon adventures completed.

I hope you understand that you don't somehow deserve to unlock masteries by default. Play the content of the game, get the achievements to get mastery points and then unlock masteries.
And what we currently have ingame is 2/3 of the soto ow content.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

You till need to grind pve maps like crazy to get exp. No idea why mastery points have to be so annoying to get. 

I played the story and had no issue gaining mastery points or XP.  Didn't even use a booster (because I forgot).  Not sure what was annoying for you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I played the story and had no issue gaining mastery points or XP.  Didn't even use a booster (because I forgot).  Not sure what was annoying for you?

You need to camp missing events half a day and when  event start you need to try complete it alone because maps are kind of empty.

• Confused 3