Soulbeast Destroyed

Trevor Boyer.6524

Don't think this kills Soulbeast, but the OWP nerfs are perhaps too harsh. Doubling the ICD effectively halves the damage it pumps out. This was needed due to how it interacted with sticky multi hits like Smoke Assault and WH4. 

I don't think the coeff nerf was also needed? I'll have to see what the damage is looking like now before I judge. 

Asside from that, they mostly hit soulbeast instead of randomly destroying core. Which is good. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Don't think this kills Soulbeast, but the OWP nerfs are perhaps too harsh. Doubling the ICD effectively halves the damage it pumps out. This was needed due to how it interacted with sticky multi hits like Smoke Assault and WH4. 

I don't think the coeff nerf was also needed? I'll have to see what the damage is looking like now before I judge. 

@Khalisto.5780 has the correct opinion for this I think. If you're doing that I'm fine with CD for this being like...48 or something. People are just gonna run strength of the pack if it does nothing. 

I still like how they targeted it. I guess its fine being a little overhit since there's going to be a major balancing this month. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to go back to a bunk meta but the damage Sb was pumping out was insanely high. Although not good in high tier play, it was a menace in lower in lower levels and felt really toxic.

That being said, I don't really like it when elite skills get nerfed. Especially if they are 1 trick pony skills. WWP is still strong I'm sure, but Signet of humility still feels more ridiculous . Just sucks to have strong (but not broken) skills nerfed.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

I’m still seeing significant SB presence in platinum ranked…. A couple more untamed’s now.  Just sayin they still seem to be bursting folks solidly in the right hands:

Yeah but it's not enough overpower to make up for the low sustain. Having just enough less damage to where someone can survive 1-2 more hits is from their perspective, quite a bit more time for someone to land another counter hit or two that will down them.

I'm sure we'll see people still trying to run it but I 100% guarantee you Untamed is going to emerge as the much more annoying/strong spec, both power and condi variants. Even I'll have to get used to it now and start playing it due to how much better of performance value it has over Soulbeast/Druid at this point. People that I normally would always win against in Ranger 1v1s are now just destroying me with Untamed builds. It's not even close matches, it statistically bullies Soulbeast/Druid/Core so badly.

It's the trait Let It Loose. Even in WvW this trait allows you to do some seriously broken stuff. Old Leeching sigils paired with LIL is essentially guaranteeing that every 9s you get 2x unleash skills that will both deal life steal damage and heal you for around 3000 each. That's like 6000 hard damage that goes directly through armor/toughness/protection/other mitigations, that cannot be avoided, that also heals you for 6000 per 9s. And that's not to mention the other damage/sustain coming off of Untamed.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah but it's not enough overpower to make up for the low sustain. Having just enough less damage to where someone can survive 1-2 more hits is from their perspective, quite a bit more time for someone to land another counter hit or two that will down them.

I'm sure we'll see people still trying to run it but I 100% guarantee you Untamed is going to emerge as the much more annoying/strong spec, both power and condi variants. Even I'll have to get used to it now and start playing it due to how much better of performance value it has over Soulbeast/Druid at this point. People that I normally would always win against in Ranger 1v1s are now just destroying me with Untamed builds. It's not even close matches, it statistically bullies Soulbeast/Druid/Core so badly.

It's the trait Let It Loose. Even in WvW this trait allows you to do some seriously broken stuff. Old Leeching sigils paired with LIL is essentially guaranteeing that every 9s you get 2x unleash skills that will both deal life steal damage and heal you for around 3000 each. That's like 6000 hard damage that goes directly through armor/toughness/protection/other mitigations, that cannot be avoided, that also heals you for 6000 per 9s. And that's not to mention the other damage/sustain coming off of Untamed.

Soulbeast nerfs were indeed needed and we much appreciate it. Its always good for game to have one less OP 1 shot FoTM spec. Maybe we seen next some condi berserker or vindicator tuning in next balance patch. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

I’m still seeing significant SB presence in platinum ranked…. A couple more untamed’s now.  Just sayin they still seem to be bursting folks solidly in the right hands:

That's what I want personally. As long as we're not getting jank 10ks from overbuffed pig or unavoidable 2ks from OWP, or nukes from stealth involving the former. I don't mind the class doing damage, it just needs to do it in an avoidable way. 

3 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Just wait till you see what Untamed is doing lately.

Go fight Doze or Lost Haven in the FFA. Give you an idea of what's about to happen when people figure out those build structures.

Oh, I'm well aware untamed is doing well.

13 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Just wait till you see what Untamed is doing lately.

Go fight Doze or Lost Haven in the FFA. Give you an idea of what's about to happen when people figure out those build structures.

The effectiveness of Untamed won't matter because silvers are unable to play it due to its complexity.  If silvers don't cry, then it isn't overperforming.

It might be fine against other ranger specs in FFA but on an actual serious note, I don't see anything overperforming about it either--let loose is fine but the other GMs are also just as good; regardless, the chances of meeting someone who knows how to use an Untamed from release until now is super low.  

We'll have to see if someone like Boyce brings Untamed to AT or if he keeps using Soulbeast, or if Ranger is just straight out of AT now because the burst is about 20-30% less than it was.

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm going to say i really hate 1 shot 1 trick pony builds because its usually built with a few things in mind:

stealth to 1 hit kill from invis

Using  a couple buttons that when combined are super op

3 there is no counter to it, making it extremely braindead.

This with combined infinite soft/hard CC and spam of resistance is too much.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I don't see anything overperforming about it either-

It sounds like you're not playing in ATs against the better players in your server.

7 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

We'll have to see if someone like Boyce brings Untamed to AT or if he keeps using Soulbeast, or if Ranger is just straight out of AT now because the burst is about 20-30% less than it was.

1. Boyce is not the only player who can play Ranger. And Boyce's preferences do not define the performance of other players.
  2. Untamed is already gaining large preference over Soulbeast from every other competitive player except Boyce. That's what I've been trying to point out here.
  3. These Untamed builds are hitting as hard on single strikes as Soulbeast prenerf.
  4. I never said Untamed was going to be MAT meta. I was pointing out in light of the title of this thread, that Untamed is certainly a lot stronger than Soulbeast at this point. And you can't simply judge this based from only Boyce, choosing to continue playing his own build that he likes. IE: I do the very same thing with Druid. I play a Druid because I like it, not because it's meta. When a person is maverick good on a particular spec, they can make it look busted when it really isn't at all. Talk to some people in NA who try to 1v1 that Druid spec, and the ones who try to replicate the play. They can't do it. I've tried teaching several people but they can't pull it off and always go back to the fotm. My point being is this is what we are seeing with Boyce continuing to play his own build. He's personally good enough at it that he makes it look very strong, but for the large majority of other competitive Ranger players, Untamed will undoubtably be identified as the better performance value. If there are Rangers in this next MAT, they will be Untamed outside of a few of us who are very maverick on weird build structures. Mark my words.
Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

I'm pretty sure Mukluk knows more about this game than some rando crying on the forums. At least he has videos to back up his claims.

He does indeed have videos, all of them are him getting stomped in like silver 3.

I'm not sure who are more rabid though, his fans or swifties...unless you are both, we may need a Venn diagram 🤔.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

update: Revenant Profession-Soulbeast 2.0 God Mode

Once again, Guild Wars 2 Philosophy...continue the attack against Profession Identity and Roles by having other Professions replaced them.

Ranger Profession is the next Profession victim of Profession Identity Theft and Hijack

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2