Make Legendary SotO Armor Sellable! [Merged]

kenzil.5983

Its time to add Legendary armor to the Tradingpost and the SotO open world obsidian armor would be the perfect opportunity for it!

We have 3 different hard to obtain game mode sets that are not tradable!

no more „i want to own something special“ bs please!

We have tradable legendary weapons that helped alot of people gear up and be flexible in any future group content to come!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 46
  • Sad 2

It wasn't until Anet first announced that we would be getting the Armory that I bothered with leggy gear. Up until then, leggies seemed like way too much work to outfit just one character. The Armory though, made leggy gear worthwhile as it enabled me to equip all my alts with leggy gear. Since that initial announcement, I've gotten all the leggies that WvW, a game mode I enjoyed, had to offer as well as the Return To amulet. While I was working on the WvW leggies, I also bought 14 gen1 leggy weapons with gold I earned from playing game modes I liked. So getting legendaries was never a chore or painful grind for me. I played the things I liked to play and got all that leggy gear as a result. So the OP's suggestion for making legendary armor sellable doesn't seem outrageous to me, even though I wouldn't need to buy any myself. There may be something I am missing though. Are there good reasons to not make leggy armor tradeable like a lot of leggy weapons are?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

Its a no brainer to add a tradable legendary armor set in to the game when you think about what helped this game survive for 10 years…

its the people that spend real money

i know alot of people that buy gems just to be able to trade them into gold when they want to buy something from the TP.

this beeing said you should be happy that some people dont engage with the content and straight up buy their gold instead of farming.

it would also stop people from making profits by selling raids to casuals.

add legendary SotO armor to the Tradingpost

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 25
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Its a no brainer to add a tradable legendary armor set in to the game when you think about what helped this game survive for 10 years…

its the people that spend real money

i know alot of people that buy gems just to be able to trade them into gold when they want to buy something from the TP.

this beeing said you should be happy that some people dont engage with the content and straight up buy their gold instead of farming.

it would also stop people from making profits by selling raids to casuals.

add legendary SotO armor to the Tradingpost

And why cant they just buy raid wings with that gold for their armor instead?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I can already see the complaints that "Legendary armor costs too much on TP."

Exactly this. People are whining non stop about how much effort/resources it takes to craft the new armor, and we don’t even know the final cost yet. If we disregard literally every other part of the cost, and JUST look at the raw ecto, per piece it’s 600

I’m already sick of the current whining, none of them are even willing to pay the cost of the ectos, let alone the rest of the effort, this idea would just amplify this

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

And why cant they just buy raid wings with that gold for their armor instead?

They can and believe me alot of them already did there wouldnt be this many advertisments for it on the lfg if there was no demand for it.

instead of making individual big wing sellers profit from casuals we can create content that profits the game and the player base.

anet can generate more gem sales And the player base can farm legendary armor to sell it on the tp just like we can already do with legendary weapons

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

Exactly this. People are whining non stop about how much effort/resources it takes to craft the new armor, and we don’t even know the final cost yet. If we disregard literally every other part of the cost, and JUST look at the raw ecto, per piece it’s 600

I’m already sick of the current whining, none of them are even willing to pay the cost of the ectos, let alone the rest of the effort, this idea would just amplify this

Legendary armor should be expensive and it is a long term goal any way.

Anet already made a decission to cut cost for legendary weapon crafting what you pointed out here is something they noticed and we got a legendary starter kit that helps these people get in to it cheaper anf easier!

There is nothing to amplify any more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

As with any suggestion here, one should ask what's in it for Anet?   Why would Anet want to make legendary things available for players to sell? Wouldn't that discourage players from logging in and/or spending time in game engaging with the content?  Why would Anet want that?

It encourages whales to blow money and convert gems to buy the armor.  Also, it will provide a sink for Legendary Insights by allowing them to indirectly be sold, making raiding much more popular.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

It encourages whales to blow money and convert gems to buy the armor.  Also, it will provide a sink for Legendary Insights by allowing them to indirectly be sold, making raiding much more popular.  

Perhaps. You might be right.  Only Anet has the metrics to know if enough whales spend money for things like this.  It would seem not, else this would have been set up from the get-go.  /shrug

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Perhaps. You might be right.  Only Anet has the metrics to know if enough whales spend money for things like this.  It would seem not, else this would have been set up from the get-go.  /shrug

They don't have the metrics on this, because they've never made legendary armor sellable.  Anet is not a monolith, or even really consistent.  Consider that Gen 1 and Gen 3 legendaries are sellable, but Gen 2 aren't.  Clearly, they've had a change of mind on the matter, but aren't making the current raid armor sellable due t house rules.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

This is literally the only reason to play GW2: collect/salvage and craft legendary. There is NO other reason to play this game. If you sell the gear on market, why even play the game ? The end game is: craft Legendary. Period.

Download GW2
Buy Expansions
Get Mounts
Craft Legendary
Game is now over.

if you sell it in Market, you just make the game playable for 10hrs and no one would ever return to the game again. (that's provided if a person buys gems with real currency - shareholders would love this idea but long term it would kill the game at a faster rate).

GW2 is not a "gear farm" game like most games. (yes you are farming the mats for the crafting, but there is no RNG drops off bosses in this game for gear) Other games that have gear farm tactics go on and on and on and on. GW2 only survives on Legendary Crafting, nothing else.

I'm a little shocked the weapons are even on the market

Edited by Crawford.4135
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

As with any suggestion here, one should ask what's in it for Anet?   Why would Anet want to make legendary things available for players to sell? Wouldn't that discourage players from logging in and/or spending time in game engaging with the content?  Why would Anet want that?

I don't want what he's suggesting, but ... Money?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I think that's nonsense.

6 hours ago, Dreams.3128 said:

We literally can't have anything in this game without someone wanting to flat out swipe their card.

Exactly, it's like some people just... don't like playing the game.

Good news for them: they can just open gemstore and have their instant gratification.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Crawford.4135 said:

This is literally the only reason to play GW2: collect/salvage and craft legendary. There is NO other reason to play this game. If you sell the gear on market, why even play the game ? The end game is: craft Legendary. Period.

Download GW2
Buy Expansions
Get Mounts
Craft Legendary
Game is now over.

if you sell it in Market, you just make the game playable for 10hrs and no one would ever return to the game again. (that's provided if a person buys gems with real currency - shareholders would love this idea but long term it would kill the game at a faster rate).

GW2 is not a "gear farm" game like most games. (yes you are farming the mats for the crafting, but there is no RNG drops off bosses in this game for gear) Other games that have gear farm tactics go on and on and on and on. GW2 only survives on Legendary Crafting, nothing else.

I'm a little shocked the weapons are even on the market

You dont seem to understand that there are alot of people that dont bother with legendary armor crafting because there is no real gain other than QoL compared to ascended armor.

You can craft atleast 5 sets (6 pieces each ) for about the same gold you would have spent on legendary armor not including the Wizards Vault ones.

why whould somone bother with legendary crafting if they play 3 different builds at most?

legendary gear crafting is not worth the time investment in that case if your a casual so just make it more acessible to these people by adding it to the tp wich might help them play different classes and builds in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1