More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or just like to watch people suffer.

Well there is no way around that. If open world ever gets a legendary armor, there is no way it would ever be locked behind difficult content because people would go riot otherwise.

So please no. Aurora is enough of a grindfest, legendary weapons as well. No need for more.

Non-raid PVE needs a source of legendary armor, locking one form of legendary gear behind a game mode even Anet expects most people not to be able to do is stupid.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.That's how legendaries generally work, yes.

@TexZero.7910 said:It would be a horrible solution. Legendary is supposed to mean Legendary, not common.years too late for that, dude. Everyone and their skimmer seems to have at least one these days. Even I've got four, and there are people in my guild with a lot more than that!

Legendaries require you to take part in PvE, sPvP or WvW at a reasonably high level of commitment, I have no idea why people keep pretending open world is some special game mode disconnected from all the other player versus environment activities (raids, dungeons and fractals). The difficulty changes but they are all PvE.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:It would be a horrible solution. Legendary is supposed to mean Legendary, not common.
years
too late for that, dude. Everyone and their skimmer seems to have at least one these days. Even I've got four, and there are people in my guild with a lot more than that!

Then explain gen 2+ weapons, legendary armor and now the ring.

I'll wait.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:It would be a horrible solution. Legendary is supposed to mean Legendary, not common.
years
too late for that, dude. Everyone and their skimmer seems to have at least one these days. Even I've got four, and there are people in my guild with a lot more than that!

I'll wait.

People complained about Gen 2 collections so they nerfed the collections (adventures ha) making them mat based only from the mace? and on. You can literally make the new Gen 2 weapons in 1 day if you can spend the cash. There. 'Splained.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Cerberus.4315 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:Gonna go with no.The current system is fine and there's no reason to change it to placate the OW only crowd.

owpve has got to out number all other game modes together 10 to 1, without those players u wouldn't hav a game within 3 months

and if everyone in said modes had legendary armor its
prestige and wow factor
would be 0. Thus it needs to be in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it.

Sorry you don't like that, but im sure if you group with the 10 other people to the 1 that already raids, you can get through it.

Given that people can buy raid runs I fail to see any prestige and wow factor in getting legendary armor. The WvW and PvP armor is more prestige and wow as it stands.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Cerberus.4315 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:Gonna go with no.The current system is fine and there's no reason to change it to placate the OW only crowd.

owpve has got to out number all other game modes together 10 to 1, without those players u wouldn't hav a game within 3 months

and if everyone in said modes had legendary armor its
prestige and wow factor
would be 0. Thus it needs to be in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it.

Sorry you don't like that, but im sure if you group with the 10 other people to the 1 that already raids, you can get through it.

Given that people can buy raid runs I fail to see any
prestige and wow factor
in getting legendary armor. The WvW and PvP armor is more
prestige and wow
as it stands.

Yeah, especially since every time someone brings up an issue with raiding someone says "if you don't wanna raid, just buy it". Like, that's their default answer. So much prestige and wow!!!!!

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or just like to watch people suffer.

Probably serious since that is what I was going to say myself even if I'd have used nicer terms. Simply said: They shouldn't be a handout even in casual PvE.

The legendary raid armor is actually a PvE armor. I mostly remember having to do the TD META and other Open World stuff such as collecting provisioner tokens as the main grind and therefor hinderance for me. Raids were the enjoyable part. Why should it be any different for those who love the Open World but dislike raids?This is the reason why their obvious focus will be to work on PvP and WvW only armors and possibly weapons or trinkets before they start splitting up PvE content.Whether you like it or not, raids are part of the overall PvE content. That is why they are required for the PvE armor.Besides, they might consider at least decreasing the amount of "raids" you have to complete in the future by introducing a new way to acquire the precursors outside of the raids. Give them time. They usually end up giving in to please the casuals as they are the main audience.

@Fremtid.3528 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

years

I'll wait.

People complained about Gen 2 collections so they nerfed the collections (adventures ha) making them mat based only from the mace? and on. You can literally make the new Gen 2 weapons in 1 day if you can spend the cash. There. 'Splained.

Wow such a false argument....Gen 2 legendaries collection got nerfed because it took Anet so much resources and time that Mike decided to put legendary quests on hold....until the mace release in second episode of LS3 episode 2.

Ideally each mode should have it's own exclusive legendary collection. And Raids-Fractals-OW should not be considered as the same as they are clearly not the same. Legendary has nothing to do with how good you are in the game mode, for that we have achievements and titles. Legendary items are the endgame for each mode. Making them exclusive to 1 or other game mode is ultimately bad for the game as players will leave the game with nothing else to do.

Look at what was done with the latest content patch, some legendaries that required gift of maguuma have their recipe changed and we can replace gift of maguuma with gift of the desert. There is no reason why there could not be game mode specific recipes for the same legendary.

@endurio.7065 said:Making them exclusive to 1 or other game mode is ultimately bad for the game as players will leave the game with nothing else to do.

Omg so much this. I don't understand why people cannot grasp this simple concept and instead say stupid things like "you don't need a legendary for pve." Perhaps not, but in this game it's the only endgame goal worth having for OW PVE. In fact, you don't need a legendary for anything in this game. It's all QoL. But it's also, having a goal, a reason to log in, a reason to play the game. Without this, we're not playing, we're NOT looking at the gemstore, we're not spending money, we're not supporting the game. With that said, I think they should definitely introduce more legendary items to wvw, pvp, and fractals as well.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Please pretty please? It would be a wonderful solution.Now I have these locked collections of which I already would have completed several sub-steps, but were not recorded because they are locked behind some impossible jumping puzzle or now Raid boss.

It would be a horrible solution. Legendary is supposed to mean Legendary, not common.

As opposed to now? What's legendary about dropping 300€ in gems to gold, and buying one from the TP? Well it means the guy has legendary levels of disposable income, probably, but as far as in-game effort goes, not much.

But as far as the current system goes... It's kind of crap.Legendary items are a pay-wall, a gold sink to get the whales spending more. So much so that after admitting that Amalgamated gemstones were a problem, and failing to get a decent alternative (their alternative is the Mystic Toilet) they still kept those -arguably a HoT exclusive item- in the Desert Mastery Gift recipes.There's hardly any in-game effort, it's all about grinding and spending gold. They modeled the system based on the gold COST of the first set of legendary weapons, not the experience of making one, not making it feel an epic achievement. Just something where you spend a couple thousand gold, and you're set.

The only Legend in legendary weapons is that they are some sort of epic, legendary achievement to obtain.

So yeah, it would be nice to see an improved version of the system they had for the first few HoT legendaries, but without the gold grind and time-gated crap (which they added back on the new gift btw), tie the gifts to actual feats of skill and game play, instead of just stuff you usually just blow through, like exploration. I mean Gift of exploration should be the most basic feat in there. Actually so far the only legendaries that kinda feels like they are kind of epic to get are the backs.You really have to work for those, you can't go out and buy everything for them (just the Gift of Fortune), those feel like an accomplishment, but just barely.The Legendary Armor is kind of the opposite, it's really hard and epic, but it's down to a bit of a farm to get 150 Li (especially since time gated). Then double that to get subsequent sets.And because it is a farm, and because you can PAY for raid completion... That robs it of some of it's prestige.

I mean, nowadays who really cares if player X or Y has a legendary weapon/back/armor? They're so common that you'll probably be more awed at someone using Funerary/Warbeast/Bounty Hunter armors than a guy with legendary. Especially because there's so many other sources of glows, and auras, and whatever, that a lot of players are just a mess of particle effects and you can barely tell wtf they're wearing.

@Tails.9372 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:people who enjoy PvE, but have zero interest in raiding, should not have to raid ... if they want to get access to Envoy armor.Actually they should, they just shouldn't be forced to raid if they want to have
a
legendary armor set.

Why does the one seem less important to you than the other? That's a matter of personal preference.You would seem to prefer to have the purple-lettered armor, with or without the skin attached. I would prefer to just have the skin, even if that meant transmuting it onto Exotic armor, than to have purple-lettered armor without the skin. To each his own.

Giving them their own unique OW PvE legendary armor set would be the way to go and to be honest, an overhaul of the world boss / "big meta" reward system is long overdue.

The issue there is, what if some OWPvEers prefer the Envoy skins to the ones they're given? And what if raiders prefer the OW version to the ones they worked so hard for? There's no such thing as "one skin's as good as another," every skin has its own subjective worth, and that varies from player to player. It's not important that "each activity gets some armor of 'equal value,' what matters is that each player can get the skins he values the most, through activities he enjoys doing.

@Coulter.2315 said:Legendaries require you to take part in PvE, sPvP or WvW at a reasonably high level of commitment, I have no idea why people keep pretending open world is some special game mode disconnected from all the other player versus environment activities (raids, dungeons and fractals). The difficulty changes but they are all PvE.

Just as WvW and sPvP are both just PvP. Different people enjoy different things, and clearly there are MASSIVE portions of this game's population that enjoy open worlkd PvE and do not enjoy raids or fractals, so why shouldn't they have access to Legendary armor too?

@STIHL.2489 said:Not trying to be rude, But this is what Anet wants and their direction of the game, You either can deal with it as it is, or move on.

OR, ask that they make changes to the game that would make it better for the majority of players. Since they are a business, and have an interest in pleasing their customers, they might listen.

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:Not trying to be rude, But this is what Anet wants and their direction of the game, You either can deal with it as it is, or move on.

OR, ask that they make changes to the game that would make it better for the majority of players. Since they are a business, and have an interest in pleasing their customers, they might listen.

That how we ended up with Raids to stat with... I am not sure I want to know what kitten-ery they would request next...

(Apparently something didn't get caught by the language filter)

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Cerberus.4315 said:

and if everyone in said modes had legendary armor its prestige and wow factor would be 0.
Thus it needs to be in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it.

You mean like non raiders buying raids ?

All gear in this game of all quality types, should be earnable in ALL games modes, PvE, WvW asl ike PvP alike.

The player hsould have 100% freedom to decide, how they want to earn their items. And the most variant rich game mode fro mthem all ,should provide also the most variant rich options of how you can obtain any gear you want.

WvWers should be able to earn any form of legendary Equipment just through playing WvW and doing various things there, that are of legendary value.But that would require first of Anet also to put finalyl some proper focus on WvW as a game mode self to implement also taskas and mechanics needed so that WvW casn also provide legendary actions for players to do that, that are worth it to reward therfore on the longterm also legendary items.Its not simply done with it by implementing legendary WvW Reward Tracks (this counts for PvP as well!!)The Reward Track System for WvW as well as like PvP can be part of the overall whole picture , but it shouldnt be the only mechanic that is required for PvP and WvW players to obtain legendary items of any sort, be it weapon, armor or accessoires/back items.

So that players in WvW/PvP can earn through their modes also legendary items of all sorts, reuires of anet also to implement enouzgh new maps for these modes to help inplementing said legendary tasks to do in WvW/PvP environments to be able to earn the things you want also too by solely playing only these modes, same as like players in pvP have to do their various taskas in various maps to obtain various thigns that are needed to craft their legendary items of all sorts

In PvE a player obtains Legendary Weapons through crafting and fullfilling a journey allo ver the maps of Tyria, by doing Fractals, by beating World Bosses and so on..You have to ask yourself - WHY is this possible to have only in one out of 3 game modes currently?

The answer is very simple - because PvE is so far the only game mode that is full of DEPTH by content design, which allows it for this game mode to provide for the player enough tasks to do, to keep the player over time busy with them, while giving the player opportunities to earn these various legendary items - PvE has now only the self made problem currently, that Legendary armors are only earnable through Raids - something that needs to get changed..legendary Armors in PvE should also be earnable through a like legendarys weapon similar journey all over PvE maps. Its ok, that Raids can over maybe a unique legendary armor skinBut its absolutely horrible and wrong/bad by game design to make raids the only way for PvE to obtain legendary Armors.!!

Would PvP and WvW not be so horrendously neglected by Anet over the last 5 years and same as much full of content design depth, as like PvE is, then we would easily see in these game modes also own ways of obtaining all forms of legendary gear as like they exist in PvE - and thats in fact the right way that anet should follow for the future to improve their game to and to give all players back the real 100% freedom of choice to obtain in the game anythign they want by just playing the game how they want and not how Anet dictates us, what for content we should do, to obtain something, which is mainly only important for PvE and WvW to be competitive in these game modes and to receive a kind of build diversity comfort, that should be in normal standards something, for that players shouldt grind for an half eternity various legendary items for first, just to have the comfort to freely change your character build and adapt it to your situations....seriously

I could say more about how we ended up in this situation, but this would most likely get me only banned or at least infracted, so I won't, cause its that kind of freedom of speech, thats not liked here to be seen, which easily gets misinterpretated then as a personal attack or something like that.

The point is, this game needs more depth, and if the game would get more depth in especialyl PvP and WvW, then it would be easily possible for the devs to design GW2 also so, that you can truly play the game how you like and earn all legendary items also by any game mode you decided to want to play only eventually.

No player shoudl be excluded from earning any form of ingame content rewards, by their self made decision to want to play the game by only one specific mode, only because the devs think, legendary items should be only useable for players, who did somethign in the game for them in all 3 modes.It should possible to obtain whatever you want, by having done something legendary in any game mode and that should be just enough - why force players to have to do something legendarsy in all 3 modes, when havign done somethign legendary just in 1 mode is absolutely enough to earn any form of legendary item.

It is everything just a matter of how depthful the design of the task(s) you had to do in that single mode is.But as long PvP and WvW absolutely provide zero content design depth, you can expect as a player naturally not, that we will be ever on these neglected game modes be able to obtain everything in a similar way, like we can do in PvE...

@Shiyo.3578 said:Raids should offer zero rewards besides achievements.If that isn't enough to get people to raid, perhaps development on raids should stop.

Something I could possibly also agree with... wait, who am I trying to deceive here.... I am absolutely agreeing with this statement here!But this will never happen

@Shiyo.3578 said:Raids should offer zero rewards besides achievements.If that isn't enough to get people to raid, perhaps development on raids should stop.

PvE should offer zero rewards besides achievements.

If that isn’t enough to get people to play, perhaps development on PvE should stop.

See how wrong that argument is?

Archived