Can GW2 do a classic server

Say when GW2 becomes outdated.

Think its possible for GW2 to do a classic server like older MMOs than GW2 do?

I don't think so. Better to make a GW3 instead. They did a good transition from GW1.

Don't think its quite time yet, but technology is going rapidly maybe in a few years, I'd be itching for GW3. Be best if they start early so when I'm itching for GW3 it happens, and is a thing at the sametime.

7 years from GW1 to GW2. Its been 10 years but MMOs tend to last longer, but this a new kind of MMO, I consider it more up to date than WoW, but I think one of the flaws they can't do a "Classic GW2 server" because its megaserver, just like how other modern games are.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Why start a topic allegedly about a "classic server" only to immediately dismiss the idea (without explaining why) and then switch to talking about something completely different? If you wanted to talk about GW3 why not just say so right from the start?

Not that I think either is likely, or needed, but it seems odd to change the subject in the middle of proposing an idea.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Friend, change that title lol. All I'll say is, as much as people want to play games with their 2008-2010 computers there's a point where these game services have to move on to newer tech to compete. Regular lobby multiplayer games are encroaching into the mmo market because of better visuals, graphics, and just freshness. I'm not saying we need GW3 in the next few years, but there will be a point where it will be needed.

PS. I love GW2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

We don't need GW2 Classic
infact, we already have GW2 Classic, since older content doesn't become irrelevant: WoW classic exists solely because Blizzard needs players to play their old content(and charge your for it) because their game design has left older zones a literal wastaland.

ArenaNet was founded by former Blizzard devs who didn't like that approach to MMO gaming, and while GW1 fell short of those ideals, GW2 embranced a new approach be removing static questing, vertical progression, and implementing dynamic level scaling so that max level players can still play in lower level zones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

We don't need GW2 Classic
infact, we already have GW2 Classic, since older content doesn't become irrelevant: WoW classic exists solely because Blizzard needs players to play their old content(and charge your for it) because their game design has left older zones a literal wastaland.

ArenaNet was founded by former Blizzard devs who didn't like that approach to MMO gaming, and while GW1 fell short of those ideals, GW2 embranced a new approach be removing static questing, vertical progression, and implementing dynamic level scaling so that max level players can still play in lower level zones.

exactly so, 'Classic' is a fix for for vertical progression games.

• Haha 1