FINALLY THE GAME IS BALANCE

magickthief.6492

No class has the upper hand naturally. It is about skill. Please don't touch anything for at least 2 years. These dregs need to be put through the gauntlet and learn just how much they still need to learn. The more confused reactions I get makes me feel happy about how many noobs are coming to the forums, because if we have that many noobs coming to pvp forums, perhaps the game is growing. But for real the game is quite balanced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

thats easy.  

For the love of god play Weaver for 5 minutes.    And then play Condizerker for 5 minutes.  After that come back and tell me that those are performing even roughly on the same level.

There is so many builds/ archetypes that have fallen completly out of the meta and disappeared after heavyhanded nerfs.

Things that have fallen completly out of the meta/viability:

Renegade and to a degree also Herald

Firebrand

Ele Core weapons and sword

Specter

literally any necrobuild besides bunkerscourge... which is borderline good

engie rifle

mechanist

Thief sword

There is a bajillion things i could mention here....  but anet has ZERO motivation to do anything about it.  There is so much room to create interesting new builds, and all they need is a little bit of love to push them into viability again.... but nope....    PvP is a dead horse and its pretty obvious.

lets continue:

Things that are degen by design and could need a reevaluation if it should exist in the way it does right now:

Bladesworn sustain

Condizerker... just everything about it.

SA Thief

Stealth in general

Virtuoso..

Vindicator dodgeanimation is a MESS

AoE spam on points is THE worst gameplay but its is THE gameplay right now...

Akeem relic / relic of unseen invasion

Scrappers being forced to run nades

want me to continue?

generally speaking:

PvP  IS JUST NOT FUN RIGHT NOW...  it just isnt.    The current playernumbers heavy underline this statement.

in EU, at the end of the season,  you have golds all the way up to top 235....  every season we are reaching a new "all time low", when it comes to playercount.

They could do so much to make it fun... and people are hoping for so little every patch... but still get disappointed. So they quit.

The ship is sinking and anet just released a patch that could very well be called    the "we care (in PvE only)- patch."

but hey... atleast thief is good.. right?    i am abusing it for sure.   so count me in!   GREAT PATCH.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Say how it is not.

Asks a perfectly decent question. 

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

thats easy.  

Says its easy to asnwer

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

For the love of god play Weaver for 5 minutes.    And then play Condizerker for 5 minutes.  After that come back and tell me that those are performing even roughly on the same level.

There is so many builds/ archetypes that have fallen completly out of the meta and disappeared after heavyhanded nerfs.

Responds with not one fact. lmfao. Bro WHAT?

FYI - the game is balanced. Best in been in a very very long time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Its CLOSE. Which is itself something I didn't expect during the game's lifetime.

We still have a couple of outliers that auto win 1v1 (but die 2v1 which is unprecedented for meta bunker builds to date) 

There's still a few issues but I've seen a little bit of every profession being functional constantly for the last couple months.

54 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

the game is balanced. Best in been in a very very long time. 

cant even disagree with that. Right now you can play ALOT of diffrent things. Atleast more than you used to.

nevertheless is there definitly some things that can and should have been changed.

Its just sad when a patch drops and you see that every talky talk youve done about balancing falls on deaf ears.

they could have adjusted some things. But they didnt.

what are we doing all of this talky talk for?

that akeem thing for example... why exclude pvp?  makes perfect sense to nerf it in pvp aswell.      but they just dont know?  whats going on?

Edited by Sahne.6950

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

thats easy.  

Firebrand

Specter

engie rifle

mechanist

Thief sword

Things that are degen by design and could need a reevaluation if it should exist in the way it does right now:

Bladesworn sustain

SA Thief

Stealth in general

Virtuoso..

want me to continue?

This is still a valid post. I disagree about weaver effectiveness personally and I've seen quite a few effective heralds, but everything else, sure.

Also you leave my unseen invasion alone, its the one thing stopping me from using fireworks instead. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

thats easy.  

Firebrand

Specter

engie rifle

mechanist

Thief sword

There is a bajillion things i could mention here....  but anet has ZERO motivation to do anything about it.  There is so much room to create interesting new builds, and all they need is a little bit of love to push them into viability again.... but nope....    PvP is a dead horse and its pretty obvious.

lets continue:

Bladesworn sustain

SA Thief

Stealth in general

Virtuoso..

want me to continue?

generally speaking:

PvP  IS JUST NOT FUN RIGHT NOW...  it just isnt.    The current playernumbers heavy underline this statement.

in EU, at the end of the season,  you have golds all the way up to top 235....  every season we are reaching a new "all time low", when it comes to playercount.

They could do so much to make it fun... and people are hoping for so little every patch... but still get disappointed. So they quit.

The ship is sinking and anet just released a patch that could very well be called    the "we care (in PvE only)- patch."

but hey... atleast thief is good.. right?    i am abusing it for sure.   so count me in!   GREAT PATCH.

I love how bad the memory of some you guys is. Obviously there are some overperforming builds and Core Ele is still trash but considering the variety and viability of different builds across all classes - was it ever better? Please remember how Ranked and ATs looked once PoF was released. There were like seven builds viable at a time (at best) and if you decided not to play a Holo, Herald, FB & Scourge duo, Condi Mirage or one of the fotm Sidenoders, your team instantly had a massive disadvantage. This continued (almost) until Anet released their big damage balance patch. The game is way more forgiving right now. 

BTW I had a good chuckle while reading your list of unviable builds: Spectre (!), Sword/Dagger Thief, Reaper (!), Core Nectard, Renegade and Herald (!) LMAO May you explain what a viable build in your opinion is? 

Nice bait, OP. I agree tho. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

cant even disagree with that. Right now you can play ALOT of diffrent things. Atleast more than you used to.

nevertheless is there definitly some things that can and should have been changed.

Its just sad when a patch drops and you see that every talky talk youve done about balancing falls on deaf ears.

they could have adjusted some things. But they didnt.

what are we doing all of this talky talk for?

that akeem thing for example... why exclude pvp?  makes perfect sense to nerf it in pvp aswell.      but they just dont know?  whats going on?

I hear you - Last go around you pointed out the damage modifiers. Which was obviously a very good point regarding ranger. What is it about Akeem thats troublesome. Can you share it with me?

the fact that Skullgrinder is applying 5 Confusion stacks at once makes it so that akeem relic is proccing on every single skullgrinder.

That, the low cooldown of skullgrinder, and no ICD on akeem relic, make this burst happen wayy to frequently, for how strong it is, and how tanky Condizerker is.

The burst happens so frequently that no form of defensive cooldown can keep up in a prolonged fight. 

essentially   

this build can deliver a very dangerous burst every few seconds, but you are still one of the tankiest builds out there.

That just doesnt allign with Anets "powerbudget" philosophy.  

Applying the nerfs to akeem relic, that we have seen in other gamemodes, would be the perfect opportunity to just sliiightly adjust Condizerker to bring it more in line with other builds without destroying it.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

I hear you - Last go around you pointed out the damage modifiers. Which was obviously a very good point regarding ranger. What is it about Akeem thats troublesome. Can you share it with me?

short cd + too much condition for that. 3 condis instead of 5 for torment and confusion+ 15 second cd is more balanced compared to other relics. And we don't need to power creep other relics by giving them more, or it will give other problems

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

the fact that Skullgrinder is applying 5 Confusion stacks at once makes it so that akeem relic is proccing on every single skullgrinder.

That, the low cooldown of skullgrinder, and no ICD on akeem relic, make this burst happen wayy to frequently, for how strong it is, and how tanky Condizerker is.

The burst happens so frequently that no form of defensive cooldown can keep up in a prolonged fight. 

essentially   

this build can deliver a very dangerous burst every few seconds, but you are still one of the tankiest builds out there.

That just doesnt allign with Anets "powerbudget" philosophy.  

Applying the nerfs to akeem relic, that we have seen in other gamemodes, would be the perfect opportunity to just sliiightly adjust Condizerker to bring it more in line with other builds without destroying it.

Just remove a stack of confusion from Skullgrinder and swap in a stack of bleeding.

Perfect balance is a oxymoron nature is balanced without humans if only because it has built in systems that keep it that way 

Wolves eat deer to prevent deer from overpopulating and there are other systems we probably don't understand to keep wolves

Ranger keep necros under check thieves keep mesmers under check etc etc.A balanced system is where counters exist to prevent one from class/build taking over.

• Like 1

Just now, Axl.8924 said:

Perfect balance is a oxymoron nature is balanced without humans if only because it has built in systems that keep it that way 

Wolves eat deer to prevent deer from overpopulating and there are other systems we probably don't understand to keep wolves

Ranger keep necros under check thieves keep mesmers under check etc etc.A balanced system is where counters exist to prevent one from class/build taking over.

Wolves eat deer bc they're hungry mah dud 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Say how it is not.

Whelp, play "how is this fair" on his warrior and try to kill that thing when he trolls your home node.   Leave only one person behind and watch the damage and CC the Bladesworn can do.   

I've also seen some druids, a guy named stream ender.  I didn't see a single person able to 1v1 him... I also saw 3 people spend a very long amount of time to kill him, and with one other very competent person we 2 v 1'd him.     However he also wasn't able to take node from me... so I guess that's a little more fair, but certainly not healthy.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Whelp, play "how is this fair" on his warrior and try to kill that thing when he trolls your home node.   Leave only one person behind and watch the damage and CC the Bladesworn can do.   

I've also seen some druids, a guy named stream ender.  I didn't see a single person able to 1v1 him... I also saw 3 people spend a very long amount of time to kill him, and with one other very competent person we 2 v 1'd him.     However he also wasn't able to take node from me... so I guess that's a little more fair, but certainly not healthy.   

Couple weeks ago we had people swearing up and down the game was Call of Duty (first person to be seen dies) and people besides themselves with upset that there was too much damage in the game, mind you.

Parroting Mukluk. Guy's smart, but he doesn't see the whole PvP sphere. 

I'd rather both types of whine exist than try to tamp down either one of them. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

10 hours ago, Sereath.1428 said:

The game is finally balanced! Just what the game mode needed, now watch as a swarm of players enter through those doors.
Any second now
you just wait...
any second now...

the mode population does seem to be larger. im not facing the same 12 people over and over, and even see some old heads. give it time

• Haha 1

@Sahne.6950 i mean skullgrinder is for sure doing insane amount of dmg. But still question to yourself this. Why is this build still beaten by:

1. Ranged pressure Builds

2. Just another warrior build called Bladesworn.

Condi Warrior is not even close as good as peops want it to be. The all you need to do is simply evading 2 skills. Skullgrinder and Longbow 5. The only real reason why it is as good as it actually is is just its sustain and not its dmg. Its the comb between dead or alife and the endurepain style skill plus conditions ticking without realy need to hit your burst skills. Just Nerf dead or alife and this build would be hella easy to get defeaded ^^

• Confused 2