Can we have strips back?

reddie.5861

Who is we though?

Clouders? Warriors? Necros and even Mesmers still boon strip, but you still need coordination obviously.

As expected some people confuse emoji because they don't realize some classes don't work if you just cloud against these kind of groups, but do you want spellbreakers ability to strip back, that's fair enough and they should make spellbreakers to be more viable as a boon hate option again.

At the same time, you don't want to overtune boon hate to allow clouders to have an advantage especially inside structures like SM, who can still farm less organized groups and make life harder than it should be, for more organized groups. I've been linked to FoW, who had queues constantly to EBG, with no voice tags to see, yet they farm Kills on there so easily, unless it was against more organized and comped groups.

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, reddie.5861 said:

Can we have them strips back or lower boon duration ALOT?
i mean most proper group if not any half decent group is running around like a raid group with every boon up.

Did you not know, it's only temporary while they work out how/what is overperforming.

So they'll be re-introduced around 2027; this is based on how long it took to solve the 5 minute cooldown things. Or how long it took to suddenly go (prior to a release) "Has been overperforming for a while, so we're addressing that in this update" (whereby the mechanics had been overperforming for 4 years).

So, not long. Hang tight, they're very busy doing all the balances don't you realise. 

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Haha 6

21 hours ago, CrimsonOneThree.5682 said:

Who is we though?

Clouders? Warriors? Necros and even Mesmers still boon strip, but you still need coordination obviously.

can out strip most people while not even focusing nor traited towards doing ton of strips on reaper.
i understand most people enjoy having all boons but then we might aswell at that jade bot kitten in WvW so on every engage we have all boons running and strips rly dont matter.

we all know strips have been nerfed and boon ball came back.

4 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

Did you not know, it's only temporary while they work out how/what is overperforming.

So they'll be re-introduced around 2027; this is based on how long it took to solve the 5 minute cooldown things. Or how long it took to suddenly go (prior to a release) "Has been overperforming for a while, so we're addressing that in this update" (whereby the mechanics had been overperforming for 4 years).

So, not long. Hang tight, they're very busy doing all the balances don't you realise. 

nice after alliances we get this sorted then 😄

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

😑

lol, being a ramen fan, this is the emote I see after having tasty ramen and now I need a nap. This is not what you meant I think, but I curse you myself since now I want ramen after your post. And its too late to make fresh noodles and cut veggies for fresh ramen. Could make instant, but not the same. So yes, since we are near to the maze, and fresh ammo will be at hand, revenge will be valid! Just sayin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, being a ramen fan, this is the emote I see after having tasty ramen and now I need a nap. This is not what you meant I think, but I curse you myself since now I want ramen after your post. And its too late to make fresh noodles and cut veggies for fresh ramen. Could make instant, but not the same. So yes, since we are near to the maze, and fresh ammo will be at hand, revenge will be valid! Just sayin.

Too late to ask for strips, where were these people the last three years, so yeah the expressionless emote for strip and boon ball topics.

8 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Solution

1% boon duration per 15 concentration ➡️ 1% boon duration per 25 concentration

Wow, that just improved the game more than all the changes together in past 5 years.

Not sure here Riba. I am not opposed to people setting their toon up to be support, its more someone else can't stack their toon up to be anti-boon support. So under the example you give people could still just stack more support. But without more strips and conversions a group doesn't need to balance both their boon support and their anti-boon up to counter another group. It also removes options for havocs and roamers to set up to counter boons in smaller scale or to help act as a counter zerg busting unit as well. Note to mention large scale versus small scale balance, the above would just give small scale even less options versus large scale while large scale could again just pack more support. Appreciate the idea but not sure it would work as expected in balancing the boon/anti-boon balance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:
10 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Solution

1% boon duration per 15 concentration ➡️ 1% boon duration per 25 concentration

Wow, that just improved the game more than all the changes together in past 5 years.

Not sure here Riba. I am not opposed to people setting their toon up to be support, its more someone else can't stack their toon up to be anti-boon support. So under the example you give people could still just stack more support. But without more strips and conversions a group doesn't need to balance both their boon support and their anti-boon up to counter another group. It also removes options for havocs and roamers to set up to counter boons in smaller scale or to help act as a counter zerg busting unit as well. Note to mention large scale versus small scale balance, the above would just give small scale even less options versus large scale while large scale could again just pack more support. Appreciate the idea but not sure it would work as expected in balancing the boon/anti-boon balance.

It serves to bring boons away from permanent. So one will be using protection when they need it, and take breathers to refresh stability cooldowns. Biggest reason why single targeting agaisnt large groups is quite impossible with anything that can't remove boons is because people have permanently all the boons. But if you for example reduce stab and protection uptime by 20%, that 20% will give you big openings to work your magic as better player.

Anyways Minstrel will still be the strongest supportive gear as going down from 60% bonus boon duration to 42% won't have massive impact to anything else than increasing skillcap as you will actually have to save boons from when you need them.

Btw, while DPS builds have variety of stats they use: Berserker, Marauder, Dragon, mix of celestial, even knight. What do supports use? All minstrel. So if you're so adamant about support builds being viable to build, you should be advocating for stat diversity.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ill keep shouting.. make some skills boon strip targeted

Warrior dome target's quickness in 1st place while some mesmer utils could target alacrity (chrono wells  could steal alacrity from targets for example).

Start with these.

And if needed necromancers could focus on removing  resistance and   resolution, and a well that forbids players to gain might would be interesting as well.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 8:00 PM, reddie.5861 said:

Can we have them strips back or lower boon duration ALOT?
i mean most proper group if not any half decent group is running around like a raid group with every boon up.

There should only be stability/quickness/alacrity/protection , i still don't understand why might and fury are a thing in pvp , boons that almost double your damage , 20  people runing over your group like thomas the train , getting one shot by aoe , its pretty weird i feel like an npc getting cleaved down , you should never be able to have tons of damage on 20 people zerg , this ain't pve , boons are ruining the game for pvp players , i never saw this fiesta in any mmo pvp , the whole game is boon wars at this point , just get rid of other boons or leave only stability as the main boon , and remove boon strip from pvp , the whole zerg blob is mainly focused on how many boon providers and how many boon strippers , like what is this mechanic ? im supposed to pvp strategically not to worry about how many boons the enemy have.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 8:25 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

They did state the last balance patch was going to be about SotO and it was. Not sure the next schedule though so plan for that.

most balance patched are more about we give X class this boon or this support so they can be used more in raids.
i mean im not sure about this but Raids are most dead mode in gw2 if u ask me.

could just nerf the HP punch bags instead of giving more classes boons and support if  u ask me.
the raids are nothing more then a fat stain on ur screen that needs alot of spanking to kill, same mechanic same skills same thing everytime u do it no need for buffs or nerfs based on this.

in my eyes every mmo should always be balanced around PvP as its the only content that last for ever PvE is just a little thing next to it which gets boring over time for most people because like i said its all hard coded what NPC's will do unlike PvP we arent hardcoded and will take advantage of everything.
right now every group in WvW if not half decent runs around with to many buffs with to high uptime because theres no proper stripping anymore compare to how easy its to poop out the boons.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2023 at 4:38 PM, CrimsonOneThree.5682 said:

Who is we though?

As expected some people confuse emoji because they don't realize some classes don't work if you just cloud against these kind of groups, but do you want spellbreakers ability to strip back, that's fair enough and they should make spellbreakers to be more viable as a boon hate option again.

At the same time, you don't want to overtune boon hate to allow clouders to have an advantage especially inside structures like SM, who can still farm less organized groups and make life harder than it should be, for more organized groups. I've been linked to FoW, who had queues constantly to EBG, with no voice tags to see, yet they farm Kills on there so easily, unless it was against more organized and comped groups.

I'm confused ur saying to much boonstrip would put  clouding in a advantage what game are playing  that clouder would have a advantage if they do then it's a learn to play issue. I feel like your a casual and want a lot of gimmicks to help you stay alive. Even they gave a lot of boonstrip to class boonballs will have the advantage cause there a boonballs and running a comp except now they have to think when fighting people not what it is now were u spam boonstrip.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3