How to balance celestial in WvW?

Kuya.6495

So assuming you think celestial stats are a problem in WvW (and I do), how do you balance it? I thought anet can just remove that stat combo from WvW but it occurred to me that WvW is literally just the exact same equipment as PvE so I don't see how anet can prevent you from bringing celestial because of this, unless anet deletes the stat combo from pve too. I don't see anet doing that. Another option is to just reduce overall celestial stats to be less than more specialized stat combos, but again, that would also nerf celestial in pve, unless anet has the tech to be able to transform celestial stats between pve and wvw like they do for traits and skills.

If you think celestial stats are a problem in WvW, how would you address it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 9

It became a problem when concentration and expertise was added to it with no adjustments to it's other stats.

The logical course of action would be to reverse the buff, so remove concentration and expertise to reset the set back to what it was, or reduce stats particularly those two.

My two usual stalkers and five cele users passed by the thread. -->

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

They could leave celestial as it is and just balance a lot of skills that give a lot of boons in short CDs. A lot of stuff feels way worse too because there is easy access to Alacrity now, so short CDs are event shorter.

Also, balance skills that have a bunch of condi and decent power scaling. Those ones are one of the main culprits on why cele is so strong.

I'd agree on removing the concentration and expertise from it tho.

Edited by Kirevey.5079
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

33 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

If they never nerfed trailblazers I don't think they will mess with celestial. You could strip 200 from all its stats and people would still complain. From my experience gear stat is the last thing people should be focusing on.

I dunno. It seems to be the common denominator between all the builds people complain about except possibly thief. There's a very resilient vindi build that effectively uses shortbow to kill people and it's only really possible because of celestial stats.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

3 stat gear. 

Period. 

No celestial. No marauders. No trailblazers.

Back to basics. All done.

We are neck deep in this mess that is stats. Celestial is what we can save out of it by making its total stats on a piece equal to that of 3 stat piece. They should also introduce more stats for Hybrid players that arent busted as hell. So some of those people can opt in to max hybrid damage and less on tough/vit.

Also yeah trim concentration and expertise from it like others mentioned. 

Edited by MalekithDG.6124
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I wonder what I'd do in this world if cele renegade "roamers" didn't exist!

You would face the other 45 different builds that players are now roaming on that might include cele renegades as well as power and condi ones as well lol.

Straight question, is anyone really seeing roamers that are just a class? Just an elite of a class in mass? 

While roaming in NA we have all classes, all elites, all gear sets out there.  I couldn't really point to this one has the most right now that I have seen, maybe its a small world after all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

3 stat gear. 

Period. 

No celestial. No marauders. No trailblazers.

Back to basics. All done.

lol just make sure ANet refunds all the gold used to make those sets. The highest I saw Mag lilies when crafting sets that it made sense on was 25 gold each. So agree, just expecting a 5K gold return from ANet and we can continue the discussion 😉 . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol just make sure ANet refunds all the gold used to make those sets. The highest I saw Mag lilies when crafting sets that it made sense on was 25 gold each. So agree, just expecting a 5K gold return from ANet and we can continue the discussion 😉 . 

You’ll get 3 silver and a bent horseshoe and you better be happy about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You’ll get 3 silver and a bent horseshoe and you better be happy about it.

lol. I can tell you have never known a Farrier else there wouldn't be talk about mere silver. As a distribution programmer knowing a Farrier what is this silver you talk of lol. 🙂 And it sucks running over old bent practice shoes and not good on your tires. Go with sticks and a rock metaphor instead my friend lol. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

1 hour ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

They already nerfed Necro boon corruption 😄

What gets me on this point is their reasoning behind the change from the stream. They nerfed it thinking that would encourage more people to get into melee range in large scale fights.  oh boi...where to start there.

• Like 1