Just delete the turtle mount & the Jade Bot from the game

8 hours ago, Evil Darkness.3061 said:

And don't even get me started on the  Jade Bot!

So many people talking about the turtle but this is what slapped me in the face like a day old carp.

The Turtle has a whole achievement chain to unlock it and I won't comment on that, but the Jade Bot you LITERALLY GET FOR FREE IF YOU JUST PLAY THE GAME. We are really at the point where the devs giving you things for free isn't good enough for some people.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Evil Darkness.3061 said:

Why even have the kitten thing in the game if its this kitten hard to get! This is the main selling point to get the expac and you all make it this hard? You all should give me  90% of my money back! The kitten mount is the main selling point of the game! And don't even get me started on the  Jade Bot!

They're not hard to get, not sure what this is about.

• Like 4

I did it like in three- four days and the expac is cool, beautiful maps, funny dialog (besides the one writing issue at the end) and beyond the event participation decay (ugh stress) pretty awesome in general

And if you don't want to do the meta and don't have a dedicated he to play you can just use writs of dragons end to get turtle slowly. Was so much easier than the skyscale or griffon, i think it'd at the level of a little harder than a skimmer/bunny....

For me fishing is what makes the expac ...  Whole new game of relaxing.... 

• Like 4

Turtle is fine, however a futuristic drone appearing every 2 minutes in my medieval fantasy game is definitely something I could, and would prefer to, live without

I only bothered to even equip one on my main character since I want him stat maxed, no plans to equip one on my other 23 characters at all

Hopefully an option to just hide all related visual effects comes along at some point. Then I could simply take the stat bonuses without having to acknowledge the source 

Edited by Elricht Kaltwind.8796
  • Confused 10

As a player who is going through the story in order and has yet to reach the PoF maps I was grateful of the turtle recently when I joined a W5 training run and didn't have a Springer or flying mount to get to one of the bosses. Someone pulled out their turtle, I jumped in the second person seat and problem solved! (yes I realise I'm not strictly doing the game in order if I'm trying W5 before getting to PoF, but whatever).

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Turtle is fine, however a futuristic drone appearing every 2 minutes in my medieval fantasy game is definitely something I could, and would prefer to, live without

So, you must not go into the Charr zones, then?  A lot of medieval fantasy immersion breaking there.  Oh, and the Asura lands, too?

GW2 has never really been in the "medieval fantasy" genre.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

So, you must not go into the Charr zones, then?  A lot of medieval fantasy immersion breaking there.  Oh, and the Asura lands, too?

GW2 has never really been in the "medieval fantasy" genre.

False equivalency. Just because I accept one level of non-traditional aesthetics and themes doesn't mean I must accept any and all possible levels. At some point suspension of disbelief becomes impossible.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Evil Darkness.3061 said:

Why even have the kitten thing in the game if its this kitten hard to get! This is the main selling point to get the expac and you all make it this hard? You all should give me  90% of my money back! The kitten mount is the main selling point of the game! And don't even get me started on the  Jade Bot!

Low quality bait

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

If you know how to properly use the turtle, you can get everywhere you want and even travel the canopy of Verdant Brink during daytime. Before I had the turtle, I had to use a portal-class for these runs. Now I can pick whatever I want. Trutle can get everywhere - if you know how ^^.

The most ridiculous part however is flying with the turtle. Not hovering for a few seconds, but ongoing flying with those Volatile Magic trails. Difficult to keep on track, but feels amazing. How do I solve the problem with the height-limit? That is actually quite simple. I just start from a higher level, fall down to the trail. That way I can rise up much further than when I start at the trail-height.

A few weeks ago, I've made the request to allow turtle and skimmer to use updrafts and leylines as well. Would make the whole thing even more ridiculous.

All of this! In terms of price/time to unlock it, the turtle is incredibly cheap for saying it can navigate a lot of the same terrain that skyscale can. It definitely takes a lot of practice to get comfortable with, but it’s a very satisfying mount to use, and like skyscale you barely need other mounts once you’ve got the hang of it.

OP, if you’re struggling to unlock it, any of us in The Turtle Academy [TAXI] would be happy to help 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

There's a neat fire elemental skin for the 'bot you could use to make it aesthetically a bit more high fantasy. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

I only bothered to even equip one on my main character since I want him stat maxed, no plans to equip one on my other 23 characters at all

Hopefully an option to just hide all related visual effects comes along at some point. Then I could simply take the stat bonuses without having to acknowledge the source 

Repeater rifles and pistols, a race using robots as servants and helpers, gates that can teleport you across maps for free, multitude of waypoints that allow you to teleport to wherever you want around the world are fine, but a jade bot - same idea as a Golem - is too futuristic. Hmmmm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Repeater rifles and pistols, a race using robots as servants and helpers, gates that can teleport you across maps for free, multitude of waypoints that allow you to teleport to wherever you want around the world are fine, but a jade bot - same idea as a Golem - is too futuristic. Hmmmm.

Yeah, they'll claim "false equivalency" like they did in reply to my post.  🙄

• Like 5

2 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The difference between all of those things and the jade bot is that they are all explained by magic which exists in the world. Jade Tech breaks that pattern as the name suggests. While it still has a magical component it's intended to be primarily technological.

• Confused 6