wizards vault still stupid

1 hour ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

I noticed on the dodge ones that successfully dodging usually doesn't count, but dodging late and getting hit then dodging...counted.

Nah, it's because "getting hit" (or hitting) gets you in combat. You can literally hit a mob once, dodge away twice and both will count as long as you're still technically in combat

In other words: it's not "evade an attack" task, it's "get in combat and press dodge button".

Edited by Sobx.1758
I can't spell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nah, it's because "getting hit" (or hitting) gets you in combat. You can literally hit a mob once, dodge away twice and both will count as long as you're still technically in combat

In other words: it's not "evade an attack" task, it's "get in combat and press dodge button".

Yep.  And on multiple occasions, I have tagged an elite mob (so no chance of killing it by mistake), dodged it's attacks over and over with no credit.  Sometimes you get credit as the daily is written.  But, I have noticed that, when the game doesn't want to give me credit for it, while dodging "in combat", dodging late so I both take the hit and dodge after WILL give me credit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Yep.  And on multiple occasions, I have tagged an elite mob (so no chance of killing it by mistake), dodged it's attacks over and over with no credit.  Sometimes you get credit as the daily is written.  But, I have noticed that, when the game doesn't want to give me credit for it, while dodging "in combat", dodging late so I both take the hit and dodge after WILL give me credit.

Any chance you can make a vid of these situations?

15 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Yep.  And on multiple occasions, I have tagged an elite mob (so no chance of killing it by mistake), dodged it's attacks over and over with no credit.  Sometimes you get credit as the daily is written.  But, I have noticed that, when the game doesn't want to give me credit for it, while dodging "in combat", dodging late so I both take the hit and dodge after WILL give me credit

Would you happen to be using a specialization that modifies the dodge? (IE: Mirage or Daredevil). I've read some of those specializations were not getting proper credit for the daily.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atraleos.5849 said:

Would you happen to be using a specialization that modifies the dodge? (IE: Mirage or Daredevil). I've read some of those specializations were not getting proper credit for the daily.

I do most dailies on mesmer, usually mirage or virt.  Honestly don't recall which spec I was in the times I wasn't getting credit.  Guess I will do some testing when the daily comes up again.

for the responders, if you do the activity, its either 8 or 10 minutes if you get a new one. you dont have to win but you cant just sit there either or it kicks you out, so you have to just take it like a kitten in a hailstorm

and for vexa yes the robots cheat on the little hexagon and it takes forever because they boot me off the platform and yes im old

to complete daily yesterday it took me 35 minutes total.

for the comparison, todays events:

1 defiance bar

defeat 10 enemies in Horn of Maguma

ID 10 gears

do a rift

took me 5 minutes. so yes its stupid that the difference between the days is so vast

Edited by bossdonut.1938
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

Or if people don’t want that long time to complete, just do WvW only. Completing daily can literally take a couple of minutes if you get lucky at the right time, lol. Since Anet hasn’t bothered to add the old daily’s every WvW daily is practically the same.

On 10/21/2023 at 2:49 AM, bossdonut.1938 said:

for the responders, if you do the activity, its either 8 or 10 minutes if you get a new one. you dont have to win but you cant just sit there either or it kicks you out, so you have to just take it like a kitten in a hailstorm

and for vexa yes the robots cheat on the little hexagon and it takes forever because they boot me off the platform and yes im old

for the comparison, todays events:

1 defiance bar

defeat 10 enemies in Horn of Maguma

ID 10 gears

do a rift

took me 5 minutes. so yes its stupid that the difference between the days is so vast

If you think it's not worth it then don't do it. It's not stupid that different tasks take different amounts of time, it's basically unavoidable.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It have nothing to do with "getting hit" as you can finish up dodge and also combo field task by aggro static Golems in Armistice Bastion (they don't hit you back with any skills).

The only thing you need to become in combat mode is to attack a neutral NPC (yellow name tag) which then change into red name tag (hostile). Red name tag means that NPC are now under aggro and will attack you if you get in range for its attack and your character will change from out of combat mode into combat mode (PC will not be able to use any mount with exception for Skyscale when account have unlocked Mastery Combat Launch that make it possible to summon Skyscale [3 min or 180 second CD]).

Environmental damage will also put players character into combat mode where damage will come from ground or water as a pulsing effect. Read link for more information.

There are also static Golems in PvP Lounge and in Lion's Arch, so one don't need to be under attack from ranged skills or take damage, and then dodge or use combo fields with a finisher to count for this task. Those two last places is something everybody have access to from core game, so there is no excuse to not go to PvP Lounge or Lion's Arch training arena for raids (even if you don't do PvP or raids), only to get these task done as fast as possible.

For PvP Lounge you only need to open PvP panel from top menu in GW2 UI or set up a key bind in Options>Controls>User Inteface>PvP Panel and you can go there from any where in PvE World to PvP Lobby and return to where you where in PvE. 

There are plenty of ambient creates in WvW and PvE maps, and the only difference might be that some ambient creatures can die rather fast if you use a high damage skill before you can do a dodge.

In Amnytas there are some larger NPC ambient creatures like Skyscale on smaller floating Islands sitting around (Skyscales have large HP so they don't die as fast as smaller ambient NPC - they do a slow attack where they go up into air; breath fire on ground (AoE) and then possible a CC and back to ground, so it shouldn't be hard to get dodge done here).  Killing ambient NPC shouldn't take to much time to do this task on attacking neutral NPC (ambient creatures) or do some Heart/Events in maps that have Hearts or events while that is also on PvE Wizard's Vault daily,

Both of these task are easy to get from doing normal stuff in WvW, PvP or PvE without having to complicate things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

It have nothing to do with "getting hit" as you can finish up dodge and also combo field task by aggro static Golems in Armistice Bastion (they don't hit you back with any skills).

The only thing you need to become in combat mode is to attack a neutral NPC (yellow name tag) which then change into red name tag (hostile).

Yes, I understand it has nothing to do with getting hit, as I wrote in the post you've quoted: "You can literally hit a mob once, dodge away twice and both will count as long as you're still technically in combat.

In other words: it's not "evade an attack" task, it's "get in combat and press dodge button"."

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

One of the developers said that something like 90% of all of the gold that entered the game was from log in rewards.

Also, it's a known fact, because people have flat out admitted that they did this, that a lot of people had 50 or 100 or even 200 free accounts which they would log into every day in order to get the log in reward gold. Then, at the end of the month, they'd log onto each account and mail the gold to their main account that they actually played.

It's obvious from the design of the Wizard's Vault that it's set up to reward people who actually play the game while making it so time consuming to have 50 or 100 free accounts as to not be worth it. So, in other words, people who actually play the game can now get far more rewards than in the past, while people who try to game the system by farming log in rewards, get basically nothing.

well, here's the thing though: WV isn't gonna change all that much besides those same ppl now playing said alts for a few hours every 3 month each instead of logging all of them in every day (do 6 weeklys 2 or 3 times within that timeframe or something, maybe even daylies by accident on that day they do them) ...and most likely even getting more out of it and also liquid gold this time around, whereas the former system just got them MC and mats.

On 10/20/2023 at 3:09 AM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

What does "you have reached max training" on doing dodge have to do with getting this achievement done for Wizard's Vault? I have got this done by only doing a Rift where I dodge (and use combo field to cleanse conditions or blast a fire field for Might) where I do these things during that event.

You don't need to go to EoD where you will be introduced to game mechanic like Dodge roll, Combo field or Defiance bar (break bar) at a Heart there. You can get this done just from playing normally or go to any Golem like in Lion's Arch or in PvP Lounge where you have plenty of training Golems that you can fight, so you don't need to be afraid they attack you back.

The only thing that you need for dodge is to be in combat mode (attacking anything that can take damage will put your character in that mode) and do a couple of dodges. Combo fields is the same, put your character in combat mode by attacking an NPC and then use any skill that can produce a field and blast it with a finisher (tooltip have that information if you look for each skills tooltip on weapon and utility).

I know, but I suspected that it was not counting correctly, so I did it at that training area in Seitung to see.
I know that training counts combo useage as the vault daily does, and it surprised me that the results are different. How can 1 system say "yes you used a combo field" and another system in the same game say Nope? 

1 hour ago, Minna.7895 said:

well, here's the thing though: WV isn't gonna change all that much besides those same ppl now playing said alts for a few hours every 3 month each instead of logging all of them in every day (do 6 weeklys 2 or 3 times within that timeframe or something, maybe even daylies by accident on that day they do them) ...and most likely even getting more out of it and also liquid gold this time around, whereas the former system just got them MC and mats.

But it already has though.

There's a program out there that's specifically for logging in to multiple accounts quickly. So people would click the button to log in, click the log in reward button, and then log out. Rinse and repeat for 50 - 200 accounts. Elapsed time: 30 seconds per account, if that.

Now they have to log in and actually play to get the dailies. Elapsed time: 30 minutes per account.

There's a huge difference between 25 minutes to cycle through 50 accounts and 25 hours to cycle through 50 accounts. I'm certain that the developers know this, and it appears obvious to me that this is the reason that the Wizard's Vault is set up the way it is. It also explains all of the whining about the Wizard's Vault on the forum. People who've been abusing the system for years are big mad that abusing the system isn't lucrative anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Minna.7895 said:

Well, the "thing" is an overall good change.
You literally described that people now play their alt accounts actively for some hours to get their rewards instead of just logging in every day.

Less gold from doing nothing and more gold from actively playing. Perfect result.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 10/20/2023 at 2:12 AM, bossdonut.1938 said:

hello yes back to complain once again about the daily wizards vault

today we have 2 stupid things on the pve menu

vexa dungeon which is majorly stupid because the robots cheat and takes 30 minutes to finish

and an activity which is a pvp event and takes at least 10 minutes

so i cant skip 2 events or i dont get my daily reward so i guess i just miss it today

thanks in advance for your comments

well anyways

Poor you, you're gonna miss one daily because you don't want to spend 10 min in an activity. This system is really the problem, yeah. Terrible system . . .

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

well we are back once again but this time in the same thead to avoid the board clutter

and we have found ourselves trapped today with no escape, we must suffer the spirit vestibule AND do an activity for a double dose of stupid today

and yes this is a complaint

thanks for reading

You only have to do 4 of the 5 for the daily. You can skip the dungeon, or the activity.   I don't care for Mario goes to the Sanctum Spirit... but you just walk around for a couple minutes. Boring but easy. (I only do activities for dailies, they are all pretty lame, not a fan of any of the mini-games)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

You only have to do 4 of the 5 for the daily. You can skip the dungeon, or the activity.   I don't care for Mario goes to the Sanctum Spirit... but you just walk around for a couple minutes. Boring but easy. (I only do activities for dailies, they are all pretty lame, not a fan of any of the mini-games)

i went outside to complain audibly to a squirrel. it barked at me, wiggled its bushy tail and then ran further up the tree. so now ive back gone inside and entered the pumpkin maze in protest

no wizard points today

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7

I just go into sanctum sprint then set myself on walk mode or walk in a circle because that's less time-consuming than spending 20-45 minutes on the spirit vestibule that shows up WAY too often. I don't mind the system but PLEASE get 'participate in an activity' and 'spirit vestibule' out of the rotation or give us 10x more options in the rotation so it's not so friggin repetitive.

Edited by Sheikai.8341
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/21/2023 at 5:17 AM, MedievalThings.5417 said:

I noticed on the dodge ones that successfully dodging usually doesn't count, but dodging late and getting hit then dodging...counted.

Almost like all the people in this thread who have said that you have to be in combat for dodging to count. Same with combos.

• Like 2