wizards vault still stupid

1 hour ago, Sheikai.8341 said:

I just go into sanctum sprint then set myself on walk mode or walk in a circle because that's less time-consuming than spending 20-45 minutes on the spirit vestibule that shows up WAY too often. I don't mind the system but PLEASE get 'participate in an activity' and 'spirit vestibule' out of the rotation or give us 10x more options in the rotation so it's not so friggin repetitive.

For the dailies I really do not even mind them being repetitive.  I have one avatar permanently parked at the EoD training grounds. The complete a heart, dodge, combo, and defiance bar come up so often he just does them quickly and then I get on with actually playing for the day. 

I think they are trying to populate the activities by making them part of the daily.  The problem I find with that, is that the activities are empty because almost nobody wants to do them... If we are doing them only for the daily, does it make them popular? Not really.  On the activities, I am not sure how many there are, but it is almost always sanctum spirit or crab toss.  I got the barrel chase once?  They are easy but boring. 😎

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

well we are back once again but this time in the same thead to avoid the board clutter

and we have found ourselves trapped today with no escape, we must suffer the spirit vestibule AND do an activity for a double dose of stupid today

and yes this is a complaint

thanks for reading

And during halloween you can just do a lunatic inquisition for your activity and it can be as low as a min if you are lucky to get into a instance that is ending.

1 hour ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

And yet, as I said in a previous post, I am tagging the mob first.  It's been discussed.  Apparently, things like mirage cloak do not always give credit.

You do not even have to hit a mob, just be in combat, meaning you can lets say fall down from the hill, get into combat by fall dmg and dodge and it works 100%, same with combos. It does not have to hit a mob.

I have a question though, maybe a bit off topic but I did not find any info about it. What happened to "kill x enemies while having food/oil active" daily/weekly? I used to have it nearly every day, atleast one of them, now I did not have a single one for like a month.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

You do not even have to hit a mob, just be in combat, meaning you can lets say fall down from the hill, get into combat by fall dmg and dodge and it works 100%, same with combos. It does not have to hit a mob.

I have a question though, maybe a bit off topic but I did not find any info about it. What happened to "kill x enemies while having food/oil active" daily/weekly? I used to have it nearly every day, atleast one of them, now I did not have a single one for like a month.

I guess they were to easy to complete killing ambient creatures.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

They remove objectives that are bugged. People reported that not all kills counted, so they were likely removed for being bugged - they required dealing the killing blow to count.

• Thanks 1

Note that the timed clock tower is also an activity, so one can get credit doing that.  And that one seems to have a fairly high likelihood of getting into an instance with just a couple minutes less (likely because everyone else is leaving knowing it won't restart and would rather do something else for that minute or two).

Halloween festival makes a lot of the dailies much easier to get.  Combos, dodges, veterans, champions, break bars, are all very easy to get done in the labyrinth.  And you'll get enough loot that the salvage 10 items comes quickly also.

I think the WV system isn't bad - it just needs some better selection of things to do, and they shouldn't be using it as a way to prop up content no one otherwise plays (activities)

• Like 2

On 10/20/2023 at 10:47 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Or if people don’t want that long time to complete, just do WvW only. Completing daily can literally take a couple of minutes if you get lucky at the right time, lol. Since Anet hasn’t bothered to add the old daily’s every WvW daily is practically the same.

I can just picture the tears when people select WvW for dailies and then forget to change back to PvE for weekly reset.

As to the old WvW dailies... wouldn't mind the return of Tower Taker, but no thanks on the return of the Daily Veteran Creature snooze fest.

4 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

greetings

todays the day

vexas lab and the activity again

i feel like i am on the show PUNKD and aston kutcher will jump through my window to capture my live reaction to this cruel joke

he hadnt, but its still these 2 again.

It literally took me about 1 minute to do Vexas Lab...

• Like 1

I do wish there was more variety, but these 2 tasks aren't the worst....they're just very of boring. TP to friend if the lab is too much to be bothered to do (which I get). There are so many JP and mini dungeons in the game, it's sad to see the same ones show up over and over, so close together.

• Confused 1

Vexa's you can use a Teleport to a Friend to get to a tag at the chest. Mesmer Tags can drop a portal in a certain spot in the room, take the nearby WP, and drop the other end of the portal on the outside of the mountain to portal people in. Its not like this is one of the EoD mini dungeons.

My main beef with the daily activity is that for my main account, with all expansions/LW seasons, only ever gets this when it is Sanctum Sprint day. I'd like more variety please...

I'm being serious, I've only gotten the daily activity in my queue when it is Sanctum Sprint. No crab Toss, no Southsun Survival, no Keg Brawl... Just Sanctum Sprint...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

greetings

todays the day

vexas lab and the activity again

i feel like i am on the show PUNKD and aston kutcher will jump through my window to capture my live reaction to this cruel joke

he hadnt, but its still these 2 again.

As said before, Vexa's Lab takes a few minutes and daily activity also counts the Halloween activities.

Don't like them there's PvP and WvW options too, you're not forced to do PvE, you can even get them mixed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1