GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

Mannequins for build templates

I have a suggestion that i think might be interesting for build templates, requires the players to own the equipment, can be monetized, and can add usability to scribing, and create a few more outlets to Karma.

The idea would be pretty much to use "Mannequins" in the Home instance. It's not really Original, i remembered this because it was how you'd change gear in a game i've played before playing GW2 (Runes of Magic). My suggestion is of course adapted to GW2, since in RoM it was basically just a storage device.You'd give each player 1-2 Mannequin BASES/slots on their home instance. Further bases/slots could be sold on the Gemstore (basically they'd be objects similar to Nodes and chests in the home instance).

Basic Mannequins (totally featureless, pretty much just a T shape made out of planks) would be sold with Karma on a NPC inside the Home instance (~10k Karma).

This one would give players the basic features of the build template:Interacting with he Mannequin would open an interface similar to the PvP build window, but more complete in terms of equipment slots, and with a skill bar at the bottom of the Specializations tab.The window would also have 3 pages per Mannequin (PVE, PVP and WVW), allowing a different build to be saved per game type on each mannequin. And a name-tab for each Mannequin.SO basically so far you have a "storage container" that allows players to save a full-build worth of equipment, and a save-state for skills and traits (i don't think it strays too far from the pre-made builds in PvP).On the Hero Panel you'd have a drop-down menu where you can pick a build from the Mannequins in your home instance (also you would name your current build on the Hero Panel).Picking a build would simply swap the items on the mannequin with the items on the Equipment Panel, as well as the traits and skills.Except for a few holes (i'll point them out below, and you'll probably find a few) this should take care of the build template aspect.

Now there's the cosmetic and social aspect of these.As for the social aspect you can ask the Home NPC to "Make a portrait" of one of your mannequins (can cost like 50-100 karma). This would give you a tradeable item, that you can give/sell to other players.You can preview the item to see a summary of the stats/traits/skills, or you can talk to the home NPC to ask him to decorate one of your mannequins based on the portrait. This could either just load onto the mannequin whichever parts the player has available (with the option to spend Transmutation charges to also change the looks) and/or create kind of a "quest" that would require the player to obtain and deliver the remaining items to the NPC to complete the build.

For the cosmetic part, and this is where you get the scribe working.The base mannequin would only show a standardized light/medium/heavy armor.After that you could have scribes build blueprints for other more intricate mannequins. You'd deliver blueprints to the NPC and he'd turn your base mannequins into the ones on the blueprint.Some suggestions:Plain ones, like the mannequins used by artists with the option of male vs female one. These would show the correct armour skins (except racial armour - these parts would show as the generic one used by base mannequins).Racial ones (these could be sold for like 100k karma on the racial vendors in towns). These would be wooden statues that look like elements of each race (again male and female ones). Allowing to equip and show racial armour skins.Special materials, why stick with wood when your mannequin can be made of gold, or stone, or be gem-inscrusted. Pretty much an upgrade of the previous ones. You'd require a plain or a racial blueprint to craft the upgraded version."Kinda looks like me" mannequins, Would require a racial mannequin of the correct race (or a special materials one of the correct race) , a total make over kit, and whatever else you'd think correctly. This would result, after being added to the home instance in a statue of the player character who owns the home instance, made from the material of the blueprint used for the recipe."Stuffed clone", add another total make over kit to the "kinda looks like me" and a couple other weird ingredients.... And you'd have a life-like version of your character (maybe with some idle animations??)And finally "the ultimate mannequin" This one would be the same recipe as the "stuffed clone" but would use a Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit, and would allow the player to change their looks along with the build. Due to the rarity of the item, i think it's fair that making this mannequin should allow the player to use this one on all available slots.

You could also sell some special mannequins on the gemstore, like "Equestrian" mannequins, using the available mounts. Just don't be too greedy with the prices, yes? I guess you could do 2000 gems for the mount+mini+mannequin!?

That would be the gist of it, but there are a few issues... Not quite sure how to handle account bound items and legendaries. I mean each mannequin should be "bound" to the character...Maybe a tick option on the ascended and legendary with "make available to other characters"? Kinda like the show/hide helmet, gloves, etc.

Hope you enjoy the idea, and/or take some inspiration ^_^

A design an outfit card where you can create your own outfit, whether it new or using parts from other outfits/armour. Maybe even a design a mini too. Or a design a tonic. OR a design a mount skin. And I have other ideas too, like a pass that allowed you to play previous events or previous mini games like the volleyball one. I have way to many ideas...

Enhanced character animations and effects. Some of the spell effects (like Dragon's Tooth for example) looks like they are left-overs from the alpha build with poor textures, and several skill-use animations seem wonky and clumsy (Revenant main hand sword AA on human for example). There could be different animation packages along with a platform in the hero panel to choose them. Want the crooked malevolent moves of the GW1 male necro? Maybe the grace of the mesmer when she slings that wand? Perhaps the ascendant wings of the paragon? You can add new ones too, maybe racial ones like asura spell effects that largely resemble holomancy.

More than anything right now I just want a way to direct buy the Wild Magic glider combo. Beyond that I do have a few ideas that range from possible to stupid.

1; Dungeon skin unlock box. Basically the same as the skin unlock box, only you can buy it directly and it specifically unlocks dungeon rewards. Not everyone has all of those unlocked yet, and these days getting a group together to farm dungeon tokens can be a pain. Basically abandoned content and all that.

2; Hero Point unlock packs. The same thing you can get in WvW, only bought with gems for people like me who don't care about WvW, but have gotten burned out on repeated map completion.

3; Class change token. Yeah, that one's probably not going to happen.

4; Heroes. Yep; the old GW1 thing with semi-customizatiable NPC allies. Limit of one active at a time, PvE only, cannot be brought into raids or fractals. Possible way to use your own alts as heroes (just like in GW1) later down the line.

I'm with Korago, a mount bundle pack for 1600 gems for each specific race.

I think more heavy plate armor pieces of chest, legs, and fully covered helmets would be nice. Oh any pieces featuring fur with the armor like in Norn racial armor. I am a huge fan of their aesthetic and deeply coveted the Braham armor set....the chest piece was amazing.