Patch Preview

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Big condi mes buffs. Big ranger pet (untamed) buffs.......................... Sounds like fun /s

Everything got buffed but...vast majority of players will only see buffs when they are obvious and aimed at the cooky/cutter build they have been playing for months/years. Crying one month before the changes are even applied and people got time to experiment.....GW2 community should get a kitten grip already...stop kittening crying for a 1 kittening second!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Everything got buffed but...

Rev got nothing in PvP aside from the nerfs in Song of Arboreum and Contained Temper. The buffs in the unused weapons won't make it a choice, the same that the buffs to condi Rev over the last year didn't increase amount of Rev players nor the changes to Firebrand did anything in the past (the new FB looks better, tho).

But I don't moan: I'm perfectly fine with Rev not being a thing in PvP. I'm just pointing that not all professions got buffs at PvP and as Myror said some were placed in things which had no use at all.

• Like 2

While I am happy for PvE I am mostly on the defensive for some PvP changes:

• no changes for holo dmg or bladesworn + virtuoso unblockables.
  • 1.8 guard hammer refresh with instant blinks. Why decrease blink + damage on other professions and expect it to be fine here?
  • Dodges buffs to vindi uuuuugggghhhhh
  • Need to see how mesmer updates goes because condi chrono was a strong support / duelist not long ago
  • Ranger had some interesting pet changes but I mostly expect to see the same. Maybe more birds and drakes.
  • Warrior damage increase and trait reworks are really nice.
  • Some of the new relics are good. Queen looks scary, Febe looks strong and I will try some stuff like Nourys condi reaper.
Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The change to the relics looked pointless to me.

The elementalist changes seem to bring more sustain in PvP... 🙄. The forum will most likely end up hating it.

The engineer changes bring more group sustain...

The guardian changes bring an interesting twist for dragonhunter.

The mesmer changes scale is a bit to large to really get a good idea of how it will impact the game.

The necromancer changes  seem to bring more sustain in PvP... 🙄. The forum will most likely end up hating it. (Yeah I copy pasted ele)

The ranger's changes are mostly laughable. It's nice that they try to adress the core pet with inflated numbers, but it's the rigid pet animations tied to the skills that are the major issue in dire need of fixing.

The revenant's changes look like buffs but probably don't fix the mechanical issues.

The thief changes look like fillers just to say that they buffed thief as well...

The warrior's changes are disappointing, if they are going to touch arms, they should do it right. The bleeding stuff should be removed from the minor slot in favor of bonus that benefit all builds. From my point of view, trying to force bleed as a way to increase the cirtical chance by changing both furious burst and deep strike as a sorry excuse in order to keep bloodlust as it is and where it is, is more infuriating than anything else.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Rev got nothing in PvP aside from the nerfs in Song of Arboreum and Contained Temper. The buffs in the unused weapons won't make it a choice, the same that the buffs to condi Rev over the last year didn't increase amount of Rev players nor the changes to Firebrand did anything in the past (the new FB looks better, tho).

But I don't moan: I'm perfectly fine with Rev not being a thing in PvP. I'm just pointing that not all professions got buffs at PvP and as Myror said some were placed in things which had no use at all.

Uhh baseline shortbow piercing is pretty kittening good dude

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Uhh baseline shortbow piercing is pretty kittening good dude

Why? Renegade has that piercing and is not played. I'm currently seing the MAT and I don't see any Rev. Rev in WvW is an entirely different beast than in PvP. I will argue that the buffs to the short bow are too much, since in WvW is op, but in PvP? You won't see any Rev in the next MAT (which again: is fine, but don't see that the patch will buff every class, since most of the chages are related to PvE and/or unused weapons and skills).

Edit: correction, I already saw a Vindi in the Naru team and a condi Herald in other team.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Why? Renegade has that piercing and is not played. I'm currently seing the MAT and I don't see any Rev. Rev in WvW is an entirely different beast than in PvP. I will argue that the buffs to the short bow are too much, since in WvW is op, but in PvP? You won't see any Rev in the next MAT (which again: is fine, but don't see that the patch will buff every class, since most of the chages are related to PvE and/or unused weapons and skills).

Yea that's the point. Renegade unfortunately sucks. Herald and vindi however will now have piercing shortbow. It's much better on those two specs with the piercing

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The change to the relics looked pointless to me.

The elementalist changes seem to bring more sustain in PvP... 🙄. The forum will most likely end up hating it.

The engineer changes bring more group sustain...

The guardian changes bring an interesting twist for dragonhunter.

The mesmer changes scale is a bit to large to really get a good idea of how it will impact the game.

The necromancer changes  seem to bring more sustain in PvP... 🙄. The forum will most likely end up hating it. (Yeah I copy pasted ele)

The ranger's changes are mostly laughable. It's nice that they try to adress the core pet with inflated numbers, but it's the rigid pet animations tied to the skills that are the major issue in dire need of fixing.

The revenant's changes look like buffs but probably don't fix the mechanical issues.

The thief changes look like fillers just to say that they buffed thief as well...

The warrior's changes are disappointing, if they are going to touch arms, they should do it right. The bleeding stuff should be removed from the minor slot in favor of bonus that benefit all builds. From my point of view, trying to force bleed as a way to increase the cirtical chance by changing both furious burst and deep strike as a sorry excuse in order to keep bloodlust as it is and where it is, is more infuriating than anything else.

The relic buffs are 100% not pointless. All of those changes look insanely good. Relic of Vass in particular will see a huge surge in play on condi harb. It's a 1k+ poison on every elixer use. Condi holo could possibly make great use out of it as well. 

24 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Core cent/demon is not weak, I already play it with shortbow, mace/axe and it does decent condi damage with lots of CC, stability, projectile denial, team clense, protection, even blinds, high shielding from flock/tablet, and so on. Piercing is only going to make it stronger, while the spec is insanely fun to play. Vindi and herald support are also just as if not stronger. Its difficult to learn and not many people like to play support, but I wish more would try, and I hope they do after this patch. Tired of fighting necros and warriors.

Edited by Flowki.7194

12 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Big condi mes buffs. Big ranger pet (untamed) buffs.......................... Sounds like fun /s

The buffs for Mesmer are too much.

Ranger pets are receiving a bunch of tiny insignificant buffs that won't alter the options that people are already using, except for this ONE change, which is a massive nerf for Ranger:

Smokescale

• Bite: Increased the power coefficient from 0.25 to 0.56 in PvE only.
  • Takedown: Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 10 seconds. This skill no longer knocks down enemies. Increased the power coefficient from 0.01 to 0.5 in WvW and PvP.
  • Takedown (Soulbeast): Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 10 seconds. This skill no longer knocks down enemies. Increased the power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.1 in PvE and from 0.01 to 1.0 in WvW and PvP.

Read the bolded ^

Smokescale losing its CC is just a big fat nerf for Ranger after they've already nerfed everything on Ranger, in a patch where every other class is getting buffed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Ranger pets are receiving a bunch of tiny insignificant buffs that won't alter the options that people are already using, except for this ONE change, which is a massive nerf for Ranger:

Smokescale

• Takedown: Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 10 seconds. This skill no longer knocks down enemies. Increased the power coefficient from 0.01 to 0.5 in WvW and PvP.
  • Takedown (Soulbeast): Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 10 seconds. This skill no longer knocks down enemies. Increased the power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.1 in PvE and from 0.01 to 1.0 in WvW and PvP.

Read the bolded ^

Smokescale losing its CC is just a big fat nerf for Ranger after they've already nerfed everything on Ranger, in a patch where every other class is getting buffed.

That would include both pet and SB takedown?

46 minutes ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

yes

Yeah that seems harsh then, annoying part of SB is the 2x cheap openers of hunter/assault, would have been better to reduce the range to <600 considering they're both track damage. If the SB is in melee range then thats enough risk to justify a 2 second knockdown imo.

For none SB rangers, fine by me. 1700units and LB4+knockdown, not my idea of good game design. Im generally against any form of CC above 600, even blinds etc. CC should come with the risk of being in all classes range, so that they have the chance to counter cc.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It will get worse, that 1.0 power coefficient means the damage will get nerfed within a week or two of patch for the same reasons Maul did.  

1 minute ago, Flowki.7194 said:

For none SB rangers, fine by me. 1700units and LB4+knockdown, not my idea of good game design. Im generally against any form of CC above 600, even blinds etc. CC should come with the risk of being in all classes range, so that they have the chance to counter cc.

Makes no sense, SB can still use LB #4 atm and have additional CC of KD from Takedown (LB #4 => LB #2 => Smoke Assault => Takedown => WI or GS #2, etc. etc.).  Part of the reason why I assume they are nerfing it in the first place. 

Won't matter, because with bird changes they just made SB way more powerful as can now come in melee range, destroy you and leave (something like Smoke Assault => GS #5 / WH #5 => new Takedown => WI => Bird swap and have 50 movement clearing abilities so you never catch them).  Thus the above where the damage on Takedown or coefficient will get nerfed within weeks of this change.

Also, about > 600 range CC's...those would be projectiles--use your mitigation, there are waay more than enough of those in the game right now.  If you, in 2023, are dying to LB #4 => LB #2 then that is a huge L2P issue, and you would get beaten by literally any ranger using any weapon.  

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It will get worse, that 1.0 power coefficient means the damage will get nerfed within a week or two of patch for the same reasons Maul did.  

Makes no sense, SB can still use LB #4 atm and have additional CC of KD from Takedown (LB #4 => LB #2 => Smoke Assault => Takedown => WI or GS #2, etc. etc.).  Part of the reason why I assume they are nerfing it in the first place. 

Won't matter, because with bird changes they just made SB way more powerful as can now come in melee range, destroy you and leave (something like Smoke Assault => GS #5 / WH #5 => new Takedown => WI => Bird swap and have 50 movement clearing abilities so you never catch them).  Thus the above where the damage on Takedown or coefficient will get nerfed within weeks of this change.

Also, about > 600 range CC's...those would be projectiles--use your mitigation, there are waay more than enough of those in the game right now.  If you, in 2023, are dying to LB #4 => LB #2 then that is a huge L2P issue, and you would get beaten by literally any ranger using any weapon.  

First you say SB can use LB4, then you call me a noob if I get killed by LB above 600 range, as if the game is a 1v1. Aproaching players distracted in group fights gives you a free opener even at max range, Ive played ranger, chrono, shortbow rev and ele enough to know thats not uncommon, at all. Infact LB ranger is the easiest to get free openers on distracted players, given the massive range and poor visibility of the projectiles. Chrono attacking is obvious as fk, it would make more sense for it to have the higher range on GS CC than LB, if any.

Its enough to be able to do significant damage @ and above 900. CC at range is overkill.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

First you say SB can use LB4, then you call me a noob if I get killed by LB above 600 range, as if the game is a 1v1. Aproaching players distracted in group fights gives you a free opener even at max range, Ive played ranger, chrono, shortbow rev and ele enough to know thats not uncommon, at all.

Its enough to be able to do significant damage @ and above 900. CC at range is overkill.

Soulbeast while merged has additional mobility skills that Core/Druid/Untamed do not as well as increased damage--so my point was you saying the smokescale nerfs for non-soulbeast 'is fine' makes no sense when they are less offensive than soulbeast is (which can also use the KD twice, once merged, once unmerged because no CD share).  

56 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Nobody is going to use birds. The Swoop is on too long of a CD. Gazelle is better in every way for the role that the bird would play both in and out of merge.

Smokescale will STILL be mandatory no matter how weak it becomes because of the smoke field, which is a primary factor in these build's ability to function. This is why I say removing the CC off Smokescale unmerge is just a problem.

The damage increase on Smokescale merge Takedown will be broken temporarily in conjunction with Gazelle usage. What will happen is they will combo in with Smoke Assault merge, go into Takedown for large damage, swap to Gazelle F2 CC that also has large damage and do the quick F1 Kick that also has considerable damage.

I have no problem with the merge Takedown going into damage but as you said, people will likely complain because it's Ranger, and it will be swiftly nerfed, just resulting in the class being more dysfunctional before they made any of these half-thought changes. But you know, it's ok that a Chronomancer can double Moa while laying down 40k bursts left & right.

The Smokescale unmerge Takedown losing its CC is complete bull**** though. That CC is very important for Ranger gameplay across all variants. Because smokefield is mandatory, we'll always have to use Smokescale, and losing that 2s CC is will prove to be a detrimental problem just significant enough, that it will be pushing Ranger specs down into mediocrity for sure.

Moral of the story is that: NERFING ONE WOLF PACK BY 60% OF ITS DAMAGE OUTPUT AND NERFING PIG MAUL AND SWORD AND LET IT LOOSE WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH. If they keep removing stuff from Ranger, even old veterans like myself will be forced to play a different class because at this point they are just straight handicapping Ranger across all its specs.

I don't understand why they don't focus on the obvious issues. Like right now, Untamed sustain factors is actually questionable, but everything else on Ranger is like entering a state of disability from over-nerfing and they seriously need to leave it alone unless they just want the class to sit out.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Burnfall.9573 said:

All i will say is, after the patch is release, Anet is going to lose about 80% of PvP + WvW playerbase and they will deserve it at the fullest.

Yeah it seems trolly, like a purposeful "imbalance patch".

You'd honestly think they were going out of their way to ruin their own ****ing game or something.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah it seems trolly, like a purposeful "imbalance patch".

You'd honestly think they were going out of their way to ruin their own ****ing game or something.

I don't troll when Anet financial report proves otherwise. Do you really think that all of Anet damage control is gaining positive attention to the gaming market including the playerbase?

Just to prove it; Anet will not allow me to post that report

As i said in my other post, this isn't about Anet ruining their game, this is about Anet profiting from Toxicity and Power Creep. They know it is temporary and that the game is in maintenance mode; they will do whatever it takes to cash out as much they can until The Community and the players figure it out then quit

Correct me if I am wrong, in the real world, it is called Toxic Branding

"Brands that use the same old ads, the same endorsements, the same marketing methods, and who release products with no discernible progress in either presentation or function, are brands that contain some level of toxic culture"

take a read at this:

"In a general sense, the employees for the smaller company continued to hold of their founding principles and their ethos always to epitomize honor, duty and to put the customer first. The new leadership failed to recognize the changing environment and adapt accordingly. However, they also sought to capitalize on that founding branding that made that company successful, all the while looting and plundering the company for all that it was worth."

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Smokescale

Read the bolded ^

Ranger has gotten buffs for like the past 5 patches dude... you think buffing a class every time creates good balance? 

Most of the pet buffs are pretty significant. Pets in general will be doing a lot more dmg now and smokescale was too good to begin with. Instead of nerfing the stealth, they nerfed the CC, so be grateful. The stealth is way more important. Smokescale being taken 100% of the time, regardless of spec, is a clear indication of balancing issues. Ranger has too much CC to begin with, IMO. 

I can see these pet changes being pretty good for side node Ranger specs. A lot of condi pets are getting strong buffs and I'm sure there will be some new combinations next ranked cycle. 

Tldr: stop being such a doomer and wait to playtest

Also how are the mesmer changes too much? They literally only touched condi mes, which is complete dog water ATM, outside of dom/illusions mirage which isn't even getting buffed this patch.  (Condi)Mesmers main struggle has been teamfighting and slight increases to team support on condi specs will help alleviate that. Side node mesmer is also completely outclassed right now, so all of these changes seem good. I also really like where they implemented the changes in the talent trees. It really forces you to make hard build decisions, which is great IMO. 

A great example of this is putting more clone generation in inspi traitline. Clone generation was support condi chronos main weakness and they addressed it. Using 0-1 clone shatters all the time feels ike kitten on support chrono. 

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This is much needed, rangers have too much cc as it is and high dps with certain weapons. They can one shot a lot of classes while facerolling damage.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4