The LFG is so empty to you because people blocked by you now also make squads they're in not show up in LFG for you

Phoenix.7928

5 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I literally had a person on my block list for Strike selling join my IBS Strike group on Wednesday and today I joined a W4 run on my alt where 2 people were on my block list for whatever reason I blocked them for.

So, yes, you can join groups that have people you blocked as long as they are not the commander, the blocked people can also see your group and join it, but you won't see their chat, however they will see what you type in chat regardless.

You're talking past each other. Nothing either of you is saying contradicts anything the other is saying . . .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I literally had a person on my block list for Strike selling join my IBS Strike group on Wednesday and today I joined a W4 run on my alt where 2 people were on my block list for whatever reason I blocked them for.

So, yes, you can join groups that have people you blocked as long as they are not the commander, the blocked people can also see your group and join it, but you won't see their chat, however they will see what you type in chat regardless.

This post is true.

>You can see the squad, even if someone in the squad - that isn't the commander - is on your block list.

This post is not.

Those are two different things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think OP's issue may revolve around the misperception that blocking is a punishment. Blocking is an opportunity for you as a player to tell the game that you would like to restrict the opportunities the game provides to you bc you find some of those opportunities (i.e. players) offensive. That's great \o/. Most players probably fall into that category.  But if you have found a player so offensive in the past that you couldn't bear the thought of existing with them in the same space in the future, how can you blame the game for accommodating you . . ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why would you clear the list when you just said it's "even better"? 🤔 

I don't think that's how it normally worked, but since some people here apparently tested that with their alts, it's either an awful change or -hopefully- a bug.

Because I wanna test if it's true and probably 90% of the people on their don't play anymore anyway. 

Won't keep me from making a new 200+ list though. 

• Confused 1

On 11/3/2023 at 5:45 AM, Phoenix.7928 said:

So if you block me for calling your mum seven slurs because I'm a insufferable kitten then you can't see that meta squad that I've joined. It vanishes off your LFG list. You can still join via "/squadjoin someone" should you happen to know that it's there and you know someone's name in it, but in LFG it's hidden to you.

I can't confirm this LFG behavior.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, as far as I saw today what OP describes doesn't seem to be a thing at all. A blocked person joining a squad doesn't make that squad invisible (in lfg) to the player who blocked that person.

That's interesting, because when i tested it with my alts it actually worked the way the OP described, but for you and others it didn't, so there has to be another variable in this system?

25 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Were your characters the commander/creator?

I triedd different versions and all had the same outcome - group: blocked one as opener / blocked one joined later; squad: blocked as commander / blocked in commanders sub / blocked in different sub group

• Confused 1

This has been a thing for a long time. Useful in pve when you don't want to be in a group with a "hi dps", rifle mech or hfb main a 2nd time. Would just tilt me anyways. I like how this system works. It is just annoying in open world 50 player squads.

Could maybe only apply to 5-10 player groups? Could also just use a colour like groups with friends in them are blue. blocked could be red. But i want to be warned about groups with leechers i encountered before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/4/2023 at 2:54 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, as far as I saw today what OP describes doesn't seem to be a thing at all. A blocked person joining a squad doesn't make that squad invisible (in lfg) to the player who blocked that person.

Was it removed then? Because i noticed it years ago when i didn't saw a streamer lfg. I had one of the players in there on block. Unblock made it appear. Disappeared after a block again.

Did you refresh lfg after blocking the person?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Was it removed then? Because i noticed it years ago when i didn't saw a streamer lfg. I had one of the players in there on block. Unblock made it appear. Disappeared after a block again.

Did you refresh lfg after blocking the person?

As far as I know it wasn't "removed" because it wasn't a thing in the first place. Something might just be buggy from time to time I guess? Joining almost full squads? Commie taking it off lfg?

Sequence of events looked like this:
Player A blocks player B.
Player B opens lfg, refreshes, joins a squad.
Player A opens lfg, refreshes, joins the same squad.
Repeated the whole thing, but now player A picks a squad while player B joins later.

Both players are in the same guild (neither was representing it) though, but tbh I can't be bothered with this any further, someone else can keep testing it if they want to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As far as I know it wasn't "removed" because it wasn't a thing in the first place. Something might just be buggy from time to time I guess? Joining almost full squads? Commie taking it off lfg?

Sequence of events looked like this:
Player A blocks player B.
Player B opens lfg, refreshes, joins a squad.
Player A opens lfg, refreshes, joins the same squad.
Repeated the whole thing, but now player A picks a squad while player B joins later.

Both players are in the same guild (neither was representing it) though, but tbh I can't be bothered with this any further, someone else can keep testing it if they want to.

The guild thing might be removing that behaviour. I don't see any lfgs with blocked people in them and i have more than 200 people on block.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

The guild thing might be removing that behaviour. I don't see any lfgs with blocked people in them and i have more than 200 people on block.

Try it with a guild then and let us know. 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you don't see the LFGs, how do you know they have blocked players in them?  How do you know they even exist? 

You see blocked person is online. You unblock them and see a fractal lfg again. Lfg disappears when you block them again. Its not like 40k ap people doing 5k dps would improve in any way so blocking is the best option anyways.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

We can use that if we ever implant a auto-lfg in 1 year in the Training Lfg

Raiders will block low dps players and they will play with the same minded people .  So will do the OW

I propose , to improve it so raiders main and alts , put them in the "same pot" + if they have LI (1000) and block non-LI user + put any raiders idea (every 3 months) , like "you cannot push the  "Join" button  if you don't have 500 LI" that acts as another equation on the  filter :P

Then the only thing left is an official dps in Expirianced Tab and balancing the Training LFG like Ammytas (not need to increasedps , but they can still die)

If something happens to lfg like massive  afking or going in the Steam forums and crying about "P2W relics", then there no need to lock anything behind instanced content and instead there should be like the new tonga set 

Brb

Edit: Or do the second part first (dps addon) , and lets do what raiders believe is right to increase the population (gold they  will say) . Make a blogpost old gg , every 3 months and tell us how much the instanced population was increased by % by their choice , and we the OW will see what raiders think is best for the us (casuals) . Give them the ship's wheel for 1-2 years , rather than telling us "no" in everything new that might pull resources from their Mode

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 6