Annoying Pop Ups [Merged]

So, it was already annoying to get massive "tutorial tips" constantly covering a significant portion of my screen and showing up again even after I close them. But now it has been taken to another level with inner nayos. Oh, you got an event to kill floating turrets with your skyscale? here, have constant NPC speech bubbles dead center of your screen, oh, that's where your barely discernible reticle is btw, have fun!

Actually, while we are at it, can I just get a setting for no pop ups? I've never had a random pop up that I appreciated in the past 2 years in this game, just let me remove them. In fact, let me right click chests that give set rewards too.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Thanks for adressing this. Hope this gets a kittenload of attention.
I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by this.
They already went way overboard on the previous map Amnytas with the rewards you have to click 20 times? (i think it is more)
And you can not even R-click to accept reward bc it pops up in the middle of your screen.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

I also am getting extremely annoyed with the constant tip popups and the speech bubbles.

On the second: yesterday I did the Target Practise in the first map, when Meta started. Despite being on the other side of the map, the dialog appeared in popups and I had to abandon the run, untill the NPCs decided to keep their mouths shut.

There is NO setting anywhere to disable these, which means someone at Anet has been slacking at their job, when designing the aiming method for the Skyscale Fireball.

Seriously NOBODY noticed that speech bubbles are NOT DONE while using fireballs? 

Massive oversight by Quality Control.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, ProbabilityMoon.5796 said:

The UX getting worse every patch, every new map starting to feel like a generic starter zone on a fresh level 1 character. Maybe next patch will popup tutorial on how to use movement keys every 30 seconds.

The UI is for me the worst aspect of this game. Since forever. Barely discernible boon/condi/effect icons all mushed together, bare minimum squad frames, little to no customization...

And pop ups yeah. it looks like the designers are trolling us. We cry for less they just give us more and more. Make intuitive and readable UX and you won't need to have pop up for everything. Also every game in existence has an option to disable subtitles and chat bubbles. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

What really is annoying is that there's no setting to turn off these messages that tells you *insert lore unfriendly name because haha funny* has won a race or used a torch in the new map. Nobody cares that you won or did this or that! 
The popup is obnoxious and annyoing. It's especially bad when livestreaming and trying to hide names because the players haven't given their consent to be on stream and everyone has the right on their own data. I don't want to risk a strike or anything from them should tehy notice they were even in a stream. 
The UI has become a total mess over the years. Not to mention the sfx eye kitten 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Are you people all talking about the same thing? I thought the original post was about the annoying brown pop-ups that keep unhelpfully informing me what the beacon fire is, despite me already contributing 5 kittening flames to the northern beacon total, but then some of you started talking about some speech bubbles and radio transmissions?

• Like 1

For clarification, I was talking about both. So in the new map Inner Nayos, you occasionally get radio transmissions during certain events, and they aren't one offs, so they repeat each time you do the event. One specific event involves you killing floating turrets with your skyscale fireball attack, and during this event, you not only get the orange/brown pop up about the turret's shield, but you also get an NPC speech bubble dead center of your screen. This speech bubble makes it almost impossible to aim your fireball because for some reason we weren't graced with any option to have a distinct reticle instead of a barely discernible dot. The speech bubble includes multiple lines of text and takes quite a while to disappear, making the entire event painful. So, in an ideal world, I'd like options to deal with both of these issues, ideally let me remove NPC speech bubbles or have them spawn on a different section of my screen, and have the orange tip pop ups not spawn at all after the very first time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jajo.1428 said:

Are you people all talking about the same thing? I thought the original post was about the annoying brown pop-ups that keep unhelpfully informing me what the beacon fire is, despite me already contributing 5 kittening flames to the northern beacon total, but then some of you started talking about some speech bubbles and radio transmissions?

The second line of the original post literally says "constant NPC speech bubbles dead center of your screen".

The brown pop-ups (and just a reminder they exist on all maps, not only the new SotO maps) could have a toggle/tick-box on them to never display again, but anyhow you can press ESC and they go away. The kitten speech bubbles from the radio transmissions do not go away until they time out, they are very frequent and they block your vision field when you try to interact/shoot/target something while playing. Peitha's whispers are also stupid spamming the chat window and being the same color as a normal whisper from players leading to missed whispers or generally popping up and having to scroll the chat around to read normal communications.

In general they thought "Hey this will help immersion" but it has gone too far, they need to weed them out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, gousgou.5438 said:

Peitha's whispers are also stupid spamming the chat window and being the same color as a normal whisper from players leading to missed whispers or generally popping up and having to scroll the chat around to read normal communications.

I keep a No NPC chat tab for this very reason btw, helps immensely, 10/10 would recommend.

• Thanks 2

Can we get an option to disable these pop-up notifications that you've decided to attach to practically everything we do in SotO?  I get that some players can't read sidebars or tooltips or listen to the NPCs repeatedly belting out what to do during events or even (somehow?) how to toggle on features they chose to toggle off (wut!?), but this is getting seriously annoying and I'd love to have a feature to disable them.  Thanks!

• Like 5

•  

Thanks for adressing this. Hope this gets a shitload more of attention.

They already went way overboard on the previous map Amnytas when you do the meta.
Can we pls have just one reward chest from the whole meta like in the HOT maps xxx% Parcticipation and give more or less loot accordingly.
And not a chest for every step we take? Chests that require a 2nd click for the annoying popup in the middle of the screen.
You would almost think the devs don't really play the game.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...