Why am I consistently getting 35%+ dmg on my team and other top stats and being placed with afk'ers

Deadmoose.6594

My rank has dropped an insane amount this season, I can't even win anymore. This just points to epic levels of toxicity and in my opinion, the myriad issues that plague the conquest game mode. It must be in its last death throes because this is ridiculous. In order to get a win now it's like my team has to win 4v5, which we actually did once - we had an afk'er from the start of the match but we still won. Now I'm seeing entire teams quit almost immediately, and not even trying.

ANET, I HIGHLY SUGGEST BREAKING THE GLASS AND FINALLY AT LEAST TRYING SOMETHING NEW:

• Confused 8

This is going to be a tough pill for many to swallow, but the skill level of players today  is much lower that from even just a few years ago. Even your vets don't get adequate practice to stay sharp as before and quite a few have resorted to massive amounts of whining in the forums because of their newly developed failure to gitgud. Sad days really. But, most of your "pros", the current bottom 150, are gold 1 pre2020 patch. If you truly are a "plat 2" or whatever player, the chances of facing that skill level in game is very small....very very very small. Especially if you have an older account with lots of games. This ultimately means maybe 20 real players and their alts or who they are boosting will be your only "real" competition. The rest are just potato. The average skill level may be 1200, but that is on a modified bell curve, today it probably is 1000 or less.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

This is going to be a tough pill for many to swallow, but the skill level of players today  is much lower that from even just a few years ago. Even your vets don't get adequate practice to stay sharp as before and quite a few have resorted to massive amounts of whining in the forums because of their newly developed failure to gitgud. Sad days really. But, most of your "pros", the current bottom 150, are gold 1 pre2020 patch. If you truly are a "plat 2" or whatever player, the chances of facing that skill level in game is very small....very very very small. Especially if you have an older account with lots of games. This ultimately means maybe 20 real players and their alts or who they are boosting will be your only "real" competition. The rest are just potato. The average skill level may be 1200, but that is on a modified bell curve, today it probably is 1000 or less.

My OP isn't talking about skill level at all, I'm talking about afk'ing in matches. It's become such a rampant problem that pvp has been unplayable for me.

• Thanks 2

Just now, magickthief.6492 said:

The behavior comes from the reason I laid out. They are throwing, or they are weak crybabies. That is the tldr

I have to disagree with you on your main point about skill, but agree that they are weak crybabies. I think that generally people are pretty good at playing their class, but generally people can be bad at knowing where to go on a map to win. Placement, decapping, stuff like that...knowing your role. Those are pretty equally as important as your skill in playing your character.

These were completely winnable games, so if my teammates put effort and coordination into trying to win it could've happened. I don't buy the skill argument.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I have to disagree with you on your main point about skill, but agree that they are weak crybabies. I think that generally people are pretty good at playing their class, but generally people can be bad at knowing where to go on a map to win. Placement, decapping, stuff like that...knowing your role. Those are pretty equally as important as your skill in playing your character.

These were completely winnable games, so if my teammates put effort and coordination into trying to win it could've happened. I don't buy the skill argument.

If a light is red, you can say it is blue, and live that way I guess. Considering the views on biology today. Still, facts are facts. Ruthless legends and Relentless Legends are greater than Baron and Dukes, 10/10. The game hit harder, faster, and with less forgiveness. Despite the scrubitude that permeates every part of the game today, the reality is that the real greats either quit or only check in once a month, depending on the region you play in.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly, with wintraders plagueing this game, I don't think anyone who isn't selling high ranked or tournament titles is taking it seriously anymore. Knowing you can't hit rank 1 without 80% winrate (which is impossible even if you 2vs1 a point because they would just put or pay afk accounts in your team) just makes even joining queue pointless.

Not saying there aren't any top players with decent morals and supreme mechanics still playing, they just won't be rank 1 at end of the season.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Honestly, with wintraders plagueing this game, I don't think anyone who isn't selling high ranked or tournament titles is taking it seriously anymore. Knowing you can't hit rank 1 without 80% winrate (which is impossible even if you 2vs1 a point because they would just put or pay afk accounts in your team) just makes even joining queue pointless.

Not saying there aren't any top players with decent morals and supreme mechanics still playing, they just won't be rank 1 at end of the season.

Going to go with Riba here.  It's NOT because of "sKiLL!1!", it's because open treachery and throwing has been normalized in spvp. Online multiplayer is simply not done in good faith. Period.

The responses here amuse me. It's merely just "git gud" under a new umbrella.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Going to go with Riba here.  It's NOT because of "sKiLL!1!", it's because open treachery and throwing has been normalized in spvp. Online multiplayer is simply not done in good faith. Period.

Ofcourse it will be, when you come to forums regarding pvp, no one can see the real reason your losing ELO. 

Maybe you are a extremely skilled player and ur team is really letting you down. 

Maybe your a terrible player who thinks he's better then he really is. 

Maybe your so titled ur subconsciously throwing games due to attitude. 

It's really hard to exactly identify things as we cant see players rank nor games on tbe forum, and as typical human behaviour goes everyone assumes it's Reason 2 by default. 

I'm Gold 2 just returned to the game, I've not experienced any leavers/afkers, but from when I used to play I know they exist, I've I'm guessing been rather fortunate thus far, and tbh my games seem to have been decent so far. 

That aint saying what the OP is saying ain't true however I don't know what rank he is. And I dont know the games he played either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The pugs you get are varied and each team you will have a new selection of holes that sink your boat. There's a 'meta' for getting the title/ranked qs (only blame anet) and it's entirely different than an AT (controlled 5/5 party) 

If you want to solely do 'big damage' and roam you will be faced with unavoidable losses or really uphill battles where your win condition is playing the 'big damage roamer' role in a suboptimal way that skews your win con/MU -- This applies to every role but if you're playing to win ranked the best role to fill is a map bully class that snowballs and controls how 9 people play your game.

4 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Yeah sidenode/support players are NPCs who need to take the training wheels off when it comes to any complaint they have about the state of ranked.

Edited by ccccc.4963
  • Like 3

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Why am I consistently getting 35%+ dmg on my team and other top stats and being placed with afk'ers
On 11/8/2023 at 12:46 PM, magickthief.6492 said:

This is facts and why 

this is true

On 11/8/2023 at 1:37 PM, magickthief.6492 said:

The behavior comes from the reason I laid out. They are throwing, or they are weak crybabies. That is the tldr

On 11/8/2023 at 1:40 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I have to disagree with you on your main point about skill,

Its not an oppion subject to disagree with. Its a cause and effect fact. And the reason everyone left is because of this

23 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Honestly, with wintraders plagueing this game, I don't think anyone who isn't selling high ranked or tournament titles is taking it seriously anymore

The integrity of the mode is gone. All the good players just in the last couple years (what was left) are largely gone. whats left is what your feeling moose. Its sad really.

Edited by jdawgie.1835

1 hour ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

The integrity of the mode is gone. All the good players just in the last couple years (what was left) are largely gone. whats left is what your feeling moose. Its sad really

I disagree, you won't find any mmorpg that still supports integrity in game modes as they all have boosts going and companies never intervene. 

The people Afking / throwing games  / and afking aren't in the same bracket as win traders elo wise. Because this behaviour by nature only loses ELO lol. 

I mean i used to Play in like plat1+ .... this season im legit in g2 xD. Constantly get Bad players in Team plus playing against top duos is just lol. And yes i mean what i said. If you holding 1vX on a point and the Team still get constantly smashed its not that mutch my  fault as warr xd

5 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

I mean i used to Play in like plat1+ .... this season im legit in g2 xD. Constantly get Bad players in Team plus playing against top duos is just lol. And yes i mean what i said. If you holding 1vX on a point and the Team still get constantly smashed its not that mutch my  fault as warr xd

i know your skilllevel... you being stuck in g2 is sadge100 xD

People will blame because  "you are not even holding the node bro0o".... but not realizing they were 4v3 the whole game and still didnt manage to hold the other 2 points.   

If you occupy 2 players and dont die... you are a net gain for your team. Dont even have to hold the node.   I expect my team to win the 4v3... if they cant do it... the loss is on them.

I was also magically stuck in g3 for a few days altho i go p3 normally.... i think its just sidenoders not having that much impact currently... 

swapped to thief....    aaaand i am p2.  

Fastpaced roamingspec´s is the way to go if you want to climb.   Ranger and Thief works best for me.

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 11/9/2023 at 5:13 AM, ccccc.4963 said:

The pugs you get are varied and each team you will have a new selection of holes that sink your boat. There's a 'meta' for getting the title/ranked qs (only blame anet) and it's entirely different than an AT (controlled 5/5 party) 

If you want to solely do 'big damage' and roam you will be faced with unavoidable losses or really uphill battles where your win condition is playing the 'big damage roamer' role in a suboptimal way that skews your win con/MU -- This applies to every role but if you're playing to win ranked the best role to fill is a map bully class that snowballs and controls how 9 people play your game.

Yeah sidenode/support players are NPCs who need to take the training wheels off when it comes to any complaint they have about the state of ranked.

Pretty much this.

I finished Placements and ended up in a low elo of 1200 rating and climbed to Plat 1550+. Got my alt account to Plat too... all soloQ during "peak" hours (5:00pm CST - 10:00pm CST).

All I do in my games is literally farm low elo players or surprise Plat players with my big D damage. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't but my losses is less than a third of my wins.

AFK's will definitely happen but a lot of players between Bronze1 and Gold2 don't care a lot about GW2 PvP. They just queue for the rewards.

• Like 1

Afk is not just about player attidude. It is also about bad game design. Years ago there was incentive to play lost matches to the end. You could even gain "rank" (pip at the time)  from a close match or a lost match against a higher rated team. But it was not competitive enough for Anet's taste. So they introduced what we have today.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:35 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

My rank has dropped an insane amount this season, I can't even win anymore. This just points to epic levels of toxicity and in my opinion, the myriad issues that plague the conquest game mode. It must be in its last death throes because this is ridiculous. In order to get a win now it's like my team has to win 4v5, which we actually did once - we had an afk'er from the start of the match but we still won. Now I'm seeing entire teams quit almost immediately, and not even trying.

ANET, I HIGHLY SUGGEST BREAKING THE GLASS AND FINALLY AT LEAST TRYING SOMETHING NEW:

Well you answered your own question in your title for post, with in fact kitten kitten kitten...the title of of your post.

I have so many afkers in my matches :( and the problem always persists, every time i come back to the game afkers are in my match, every time i play more than 2 games there is surely to be an afk. These days u always have afkers in 50% of matches at least. I just don't understand I always report them and they come back like Flavius Deenza he is always AFking after first fight.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tanuki.4603 said:

I have so many afkers in my matches 😞 and the problem always persists, every time i come back to the game afkers are in my match, every time i play more than 2 games there is surely to be an afk. These days u always have afkers in 50% of matches at least. I just don't understand I always report them and they come back like Flavius Deenza he is always AFking after first fight.

they don't ban paying custormers for afking

I have a list of players that are very likely to afk, any game that is not a clean win, like their team start leading and never get behind they are going to afk

you can add them to friends then open pvp panel and check how many games they played, you can see the number of games increasing every day, regardless the hundreds of reports they never get banned.

• Thanks 1