Convergences are fun as hell

Zacchary.6183

2 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

what are those? I got a free "weekly convergences! upon reset but no idea where or how to do those.

Convergences can either be opened in the Wizard's Tower using rare keys dropped from rifts you open with motivations or the absurdly long 3 hour timer for the public version. There is a dedicated gate across from the Strike portal.

• Like 3

Yhh, imho it's just another mind numbing... thing. Less complicated than Marionette and even Dragonstorm, and even more boring than most of the metas. Just go here kill some mobs, go there kill a champion you already killed 1000 times in OW, and lastly kill a wyvern boss, that is basicly your stereotypical HoT wyvern but wearing fractal 100cm infusion and called Sorrow. (Name of this boss is at least well picked since this is exactly what I felt fighting it, sorrow and frustration xd ). The only thing I like about this instance thing is the chest with essences at the end. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Futa.4375 said:

"Another mind numbing thing" is a perfect way to describe Convergences. I don't find them fun at all but to each their own.

Yeah, at least You can get a lot of essences if You need them. So even tho it's just as boring, I am picking this over rifts any time. The only good thing about it. Actually now I am glad that I have never farmed the rifts, I would be pretty mad when I would realise I can get stacks of essences by just doing convergences things. xD

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Plus, they introduced a way to buy your Essences and never have to bother with Rift Hunts and Convergences again apart from the Weeklies -- yay! 😄

Kind of miserable tho that the content they advertised the most can now be (and probably will be) abandoned completly. I really wish they could do something to make this rift interesting and fun content.

• Like 3

With "buying" you mean the coffers that can drop essences? (At least I do not say any other way - all other stuff seems account bound.) We'll need to see how the "keys" (the unstable motivation) balances itself on the trading post. Prices seem pretty high. I doubt people will buy this to open a private instance for the convergences? So I guess it will be mostly people with a ton of gold from other sources (pre-farmed while playing older content - the veteran players) that are going to push the price here.

On the other hand: Nice for people that are selling. So far I have sold all the few unstable motivations I got. Also all the coffers.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zzik.5873 said:

For me they do. Let people have their own opinion please.

At no point I didn't let anyone have their opinion, what are you talking about?

I still wonder what's so special about convergencies and how they're somehow more like "50 player raids" instead of just being like another meta event.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

With "buying" you mean the coffers that can drop essences?

Yes, I was referring to this item: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exposed_Stabilized_Kryptis_Essence_Coffer

Spend a few thousand gold on those and you can buy your freedom from the most mind-numbingly boring content in the whole game. 😁

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I enjoy them overall. There are a few mechanics I don't really enjoy (and some on the new map too...recent content seems to be a mix of irritating mechanics and fun things).

The essence collection is interesting, but I think the 'protect Zojja' could use a bit more spicing up. There's this one event in the new map I really hate, where all you do is shoot sentries on your skyscale - most tedious, frustrating thing ever. I also really dislike the first part of the meta, and the final fight in the meta has like...one mechanic and it's hide behind a thing, which we've seen before.

Overall though, back on track, I enjoy convergences. The mobs seem to hit hard enough that I'm enjoying playing a hybrid support setup in them. Maybe a bit repetitive over time, but I'm enjoying the mass-mob-rush-kill-group feel of things.

That said the rewards are lackluster. I thought the hero's choice chest was per meta completion, but it's not...So there's no real reason to do it more than once per day? Same for convergences- there doesn't seem much worth in doing them more than once per day, though they seem (idk, I haven't checked) like a good farm for the 'base' resources.

22 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes, I was referring to this item: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exposed_Stabilized_Kryptis_Essence_Coffer

Spend a few thousand gold on those and you can buy your freedom from the most mind-numbingly boring content in the whole game. 😁

Looks at my inventory wallet… crawls back to convergences and rifts with 😭.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It would be nice for convergences to mean there are actually more than one. I won’t say it’s the most interesting or innovative piece of content, but I don’t hate doing them either. But there only be7nf one, with the only variation being the boss, is going to get tedious 

It would have also been better to have small groups split up to “king of the hill” different objectives simultaneously to break up the mechanics slightly. The event needs to show that essences heal Zojja, not just Rez the players - the latter being less important given very few people outright die

Plus the visual noise problem is up there with the worst in the game. That def needs sorting 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Both of those links link to the different states of the coffer, didn't you mean to link "those" to the unstable motivation that unlocks said coffer?