general obnoxious

10 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

Can this post be any more specific? Were you trying to follow someone through a JP?

please and thank you

At a guess, they speak about that final boss of the Inner Nayos meta, where he frequently forces the players to hide behind rocks to avoid getting killed by his jump. 

Edited by Chronardis.4028
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Chronardis.4028 said:

At a guess, they speak about that final boss of the Inner Nayos meta, where he frequently forces the players to hide behind rocks to avoid getting killed by his jump. 

Done that meta a couple of times now and have never seen that boss do jumps....too much visual effects and all players around boss make it hard to see anything. The only thing I have noticed is when ground turns into "hot lava" and there are some laser beams boss are using.

OP if you have issues with this fight, then take a look where will find two large stone object to hide behind (those spawn during fight and respawn after boss have destroyed them). During that phase when boss will do high damage  there will be a white AoE behind those two stones to mark where to stand.

Use ranged weapons and skills if possible and/or use teleport/movement skills when this phase will start to  move behind those stones in time. Don't try to fight boss for too long time in melee range, so you can get to hide in time.

You can't use mount (Skyscale) to stay in air or use any other skills that can block, use Aegis, dodge or any other mitigation here as you need to stand in white AoE to avoid to get hit with a very high damage spike from boss.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Done that meta a couple of times now and have never seen that boss do jumps....too much visual effects and all players around boss make it hard to see anything. The only thing I have noticed is when ground turns into "hot lava" and there are some laser beams boss are using.

OP if you have issues with this fight, then take a look where will find two large stone object to hide behind (those spawn during fight and respawn after boss have destroyed them). During that phase when boss will do high damage  there will be a white AoE behind those two stones to mark where to stand.

Use ranged weapons and skills if possible and/or use teleport/movement skills when this phase will start to  move behind those stones in time. Don't try to fight boss for too long time in melee range, so you can get to hide in time.

You can't use mount (Skyscale) to stay in air or use any other skills that can block, use Aegis, dodge or any other mitigation here as you need to stand in white AoE to avoid to get hit with a very high damage spike from boss.

The problem OP most likely has isn't the mechanic itself, but the frequency of it. Have done the meta several times now and have this same issue with it. The boss is already a damage sponge; having him go into an invuln phase every 5% just makes the encounter feel worse. Nothing about the encounter is hard, it's just unnecessarily long... Which makes it incredibly tedious....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Vyriis.6258 said:

The problem OP most likely has isn't the mechanic itself, but the frequency of it. Have done the meta several times now and have this same issue with it. The boss is already a damage sponge; having him go into an invuln phase every 5% just makes the encounter feel worse. Nothing about the encounter is hard, it's just unnecessarily long... Which makes it incredibly tedious....

I think he doesn't do this attack on percentile health intervals, but timed, making the fight last extremely long when dps is bad because of all the extra invulnerability periods compounding things. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I think he doesn't do this attack on percentile health intervals, but timed, making the fight last extremely long when dps is bad because of all the extra invulnerability periods compounding things. 

To clarify: I did not mean he does it specifically at 5% intervals, just that he does it enough that it might as well be every 5%. It's way too frequent, in any event, that it makes the encounter  unfun. Especially when you factor in how often the meta occurs.

Edited by Vyriis.6258
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Done that meta a couple of times now and have never seen that boss do jumps...

He does, though. The shockwave from which we are hiding is him slamming into the ground. Whether he is jumping per se or porting away I can't say for sure (as you stated correctly, there are tons of effects covering him).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I don't even think it's timed, I think it's random. So sometimes you get a lot more than others, even if the dps is good.

13 minutes ago, Olvendred.3027 said:

I don't even think it's timed, I think it's random. So sometimes you get a lot more than others, even if the dps is good.

yes i agree as i am a glutton for punishment doing the wizards vault activity jumper puzzle torture each day plus running general obnoxius several times i see that sometimes he will jump every 10 seconds and other times maybe 30 seconds. i see this as sometimes i cannot even finish a full rotation on the hammer catalyst, he jumps before i get back to fire.

what a silly fella

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Olvendred.3027 said:

Going of my experience, definitely not random. Every time I fight the fellow, he is doing same 3-4 attacks in exact same pattern with the vindicator jump->hide behind the rocks being the last attack in the chain, repeating every chain.

• Like 2