Rifle Mesmers Direct Allies to the Nearest Emergency Exit

Rubi Bayer.8493

Visuals look good. I can't listen to audio at the moment.

Skill 3 seems kind of plain/pedestrian - as if it could be on any weapon? Will have to see in action to know how it specifically ties in with rifle as a weapon.

Skill 5 sounds awesome, but I was hoping it would have a one tick gravity well style aoe pull as well.

So far so good, looking forward to trying it!  🙂

Edited by Curunen.8729

I was curious how your team would incorporate the rifle in a unique and interesting way that lends itself to the class fantasy of mesmer, and I could not be more pleased with what you guys have come up with!

Having a ranged weapon that not only proves much-needed healing and boons, but also allows us to manipulate the battlefield in the iconic mesmer flair is such a great implementation of the weapon, and I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Favorite weapon reveal so far, props to your team!

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, James Saulot.4851 said:

What does necro have to do with this?

marks are unused aside from necro

portal gun could have dropped portal themed "marks"

this would give it space for all 3 game modes like necrostaff 

mesmer has dead weapons in all 3 game modes

5 skill is already almost a lazy rip of their skill, they already made the necro connection before me

not saying this one will be bad, just unfortunate 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Early feedback:

The concept looks very cool with beacon and portal that fits a mesmer commando concept.

However, for skills, it is bad to delay the critical boon/heal effect as we learned from chronomancer wells. For skill 3, I suggest you change to this:

Immediately apply might/fury on impact and lit a beacon

If it expires, it will additionally heal allies. But you can detonate it early to heal allies.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alpha.1308 said:

marks are unused aside from necro

portal gun could have dropped portal themed "marks"

this would give it space for all 3 game modes like necrostaff 

mesmer has dead weapons in all 3 game modes

5 skill is already almost a lazy rip of their skill, they already made the necro connection before me

not saying this one will be bad, just unfortunate 

No... no, I don't think that's right at all...

Dead weapons? What?

Like the dagger, which is run by every condi virt you see in your raid groups plus more? The axe, beloved by mirages? The staff and greatsword, iconic cornerstones of our ranged toolkit? Swords and shields, both main-hands and offhands by mesmers everywhere, especially chrono?

Are we even playing the same game?!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Exciton.8942 said:

Early feedback:

The concept looks very cool with beacon and portal that fits a mesmer commando concept.

However, for skills, it is bad to delay the critical boon/heal effect as we learned from chronomancer wells. For skill 3, I suggest you change to this:

Immediately apply might/fury on impact and lit a beacon

If it expires, it will additionally heal allies. But you can detonate it early to heal allies.

The problem with that is then you'd have to nerf the healing and/or boons, because at that point you'd have your cake and eat it, too

The point isn't just to provide a "fire and forget" boon/heal, the point is to give mesmers choice as to whether or not they want to fire off offensive boons or some much-needed healing, depending on how the fights going

Having that delay gives the player a moment to consider the choice of which one they want, and adds for more interesting and deep gameplay than simply a fire and forget skill like you're suggesting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

Are we even playing the same game?!

so.... to counter my point of unused stuff, you only mention the used stuff....

are you... reading?

tell me what effectively uses scepter and isn't basically a meme

torch is underwhelming at best 

and those two are essentially bad in all 3 modes

and GS is almost unused in pve aside from meme tagging 

i didnt say they all are bad all the time (again, except the two you shockingly didn't mention)

and im not saying rifle will be

im just saying if this is usable in all 3 game modes, it'd be more beneficial

and im not even saying it wont be, im just concerned because of everything else going on in the class

how long have we had mental defense trait dead useless? who is picking virt aoe stunbreak skill and which game mode? is anyone using any mirage utility skills?

this is a broader issue that im concerned about when stuff is dumpstered and left there 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

23 minutes ago, Alpha.1308 said:

I kinda wish I knew how to share builds because I have exactly ONE build that uses a torch, and it's a pure invisibility build. I have all the skills and all the traits that give me invisibility in one build and that includes the torch, giving me, not counting recharges, about 35-ish seconds of invisible uptime. Untargetable, unknowable, untouchable.

Of course....it literally does nothing else. It's more of a meme build which really just kinda backs up what you said. There's really no use for torch unless you're really desperate to add a modicum of fire damage to your build.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Well, at least it seems no ally targetting so far. So no immediate disappointment. 

The beacon seems fine. 

I'm just wondering how this weapon will work in wvw with unlimited projectile hate fights. 

Skill 5 and TP to mesmer will be: 1. troll skill (obviously), 1.2 TP to middle of enemy zerg (like necro's Transfusion) 2. There is no valid path to the target (sorry) 3. TP to safety 

I can already see some funny jumping puzzle moments with that 5. Imagine a squad of rifle mesmer at jps just shoot and portal each other to the finish lol.

Hoping it can summon 2 Phantasms by default, giving Chrono base 100% uptime a la the Greatsword but untraited. Wonder what the Clone skill will be too. 

Edited by ZephidelGRS.9520
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpha.1308 said:

tell me what effectively uses scepter and isn't basically a meme

Just for the sake of being fair to Anet, they have announced some changes to scepter and torch and related traits for the November 28th patch that might bring them out of obscurity...

Edited by Crey.5263
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Alpha.1308 said:

lmao

coping hard 

i mean, not as direct offense to just you, because, literally same 

Alpha, let me dream!!! 🤣 I don't know what it would take to fix scepter torch, but i'm hopeful.

Edited by Crey.5263
  • Like 1