Why is this still a thing??

Mazer.8923

Annoyingly if you use the chat code to preview this sword and tick 'weapon only' it's horizontal, most greatswords are vertical. As well as making it hard to see clearly it makes it hard to compare to other greatswords.

On a related note I've got a question for anyone who has already bought it: is it actually bigger than other greatswords?

I have an asuran guardian whose whole premise is 'tiny girl with a huge sword holding off hordes of enemies' so I'm tempted to get it for her, but it doesn't look any bigger than existing absurdly oversized greatswords (the Vigil one for example).

Also I agree the preview window has needed many improvements for years, this isn't the first time it's been impossible to see an item properly because it doesn't fit in the window, even some characters don't fit properly.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3

Jokes aside, it would be nice if they added a zoom in/out feature to previews. They have it for mounts, so it proves it can be implemented. 
There's been several times when I was attempting to preview something on a character and part of it was cut off. I think the system could use a small overhaul.

• Like 4

On 11/14/2023 at 10:27 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

Annoyingly if you use the chat code to preview this sword and tick 'weapon only' it's horizontal, most greatswords are vertical. As well as making it hard to see clearly it makes it hard to compare to other greatswords.

On a related note I've got a question for anyone who has already bought it: is it actually bigger than other greatswords?

I have an asuran guardian whose whole premise is 'tiny girl with a huge sword holding off hordes of enemies' so I'm tempted to get it for her, but it doesn't look any bigger than existing absurdly oversized greatswords (the Vigil one for example).

Also I agree the preview window has needed many improvements for years, this isn't the first time it's been impossible to see an item properly because it doesn't fit in the window, even some characters don't fit properly.

Because theres a vertical metric it has fit in.  That check isn’t done on the horizontal. Its a neat trick, since they didn’t consider oversized swords in the original code.  

Rotate the model 90• and BAM it fits. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

Because theres a vertical metric it has fit in.  That check isn’t done on the horizontal. Its a neat trick, since they didn’t consider oversized swords in the original code.  

So does that mean it actually is bigger than other greatswords? When I previewed it with the character holding it this one didn't seem any bigger than previous over-sized greatswords. But as we've been discussing it's hard to see many of them clearly in the little preview window.

1 hour ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

Was about to add this.  I can see the whole thing fine on mine but you do have to rotate the character a bit to see it.

Still prefer Obfuscate.6430's idea that we should have the ability to zoom out on charc preview panels, not just on mounts.  Would make life easier, especially for Norns xD

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 10:27 PM, Danikat.8537 said: