how about we ditch Crafting timegates ?

Rezzet.3614

why do we need to wait 1-24 hours  to craft crafting components that we cannot  trade or sell  like Mithrilium ?

basically have to wait 1 whole month to finish an armor set , then probably another 2-3 weeks to finish making weapons 

and  im guessing i will have to go through even more absurd stuff for trinkets  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1) Craftable Ascended trinkets aren't a thing so don't worry.
2) The timegates make the crafting more immersive. /s
3) Usually timegating is implemented to ensure players log in often instead of just longer, so I doubt ANet will change anything about it since the timegate creates metrics that look good on a spreadsheet.
4) ANet didn't really add many timegated things after ascended crafting unless you consider the "once per day" restrictin on repeatable hearts/hero points as timegates as well.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

i dunno , dont need em  , im working on legendary, so the bottleneck is the grandmaster marks need about 20 of them , can make 1 a day as they take 4  , 1 time a day craft items you cant buy to make , junk like this kills my gameplay loop and makes me just log off and hop back to ff14  till next day , since i already put the skill and effort  farming all the stuff , its just waiting for waiting sake .

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

you can however buy the deldrimore steel cant you?

13 minutes ago, Rezzet.3614 said:

i dunno , dont need em  , im working on legendary, so the bottleneck is the grandmaster marks need about 20 of them , can make 1 a day as they take 4  , 1 time a day craft items you cant buy to make , junk like this kills my gameplay loop and makes me just log off and hop back to ff14  till next day , since i already put the skill and effort  farming all the stuff , its just waiting for waiting sake .

Wait a sec. 

Are your crafting carbonized mithiril ingots?

If so, they are 11 silver in the tp per piece. 

Crafting one costs 1.7g.

For example, the weapon smiths grandmaster mark costs 7.5g when you craft everything yourself. 

It's 4.2 g if you buy everything from the tp that you can buy. 

I highly recommend Gw2. Efficency.com

Go to crafting, it shows you the cheapest way to craft everything you want. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rezzet.3614 said:

why do we need to wait 1-24 hours  to craft crafting components that we cannot  trade or sell  like Mithrilium ?

basically have to wait 1 whole month to finish an armor set , then probably another 2-3 weeks to finish making weapons 

and  im guessing i will have to go through even more absurd stuff for trinkets  

All the timegated non-tradable legendary components like Mithrillium are transformed into tradable components before use first. In case of Mithrillium it would be Deldrimor Steel Ingots, Carbonized Mithrillium Ingots or Xunlai Electrum Ingots,  You want to skip timegate, buy that final tradable material instead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I think it's a combination of all the reasons given in this thread. Anet don't want ascended and legendary crafting to be quick, and they want some craftable things to be tempting to buy and so worth crafting to sell and time gating some of the materials achieves that.

My advice is if you're making anything you know is going to be expensive, time consuming or otherwise a big project, like a legendary or a full set of ascended equipment it's a good idea to look up exactly what's required before you start, so you can plan ahead. Not just for time-gated steps, but also things like making Mystic Clovers in the Forge before getting the Gifts of Might and Magic because they use a lot of the 'compensation' drops if you don't get a Clover, and things that might need some preparation like having to do Fractals which need Agony Resistance, or playing WvW. The specifics vary depending on what you're making of course, but that's why it's a good idea to check first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think it's a combination of all the reasons given in this thread. Anet don't want ascended and legendary crafting to be quick, and they want some craftable things to be tempting to buy and so worth crafting to sell and time gating some of the materials achieves that.

My advice is if you're making anything you know is going to be expensive, time consuming or otherwise a big project, like a legendary or a full set of ascended equipment it's a good idea to look up exactly what's required before you start, so you can plan ahead. Not just for time-gated steps, but also things like making Mystic Clovers in the Forge before getting the Gifts of Might and Magic because they use a lot of the 'compensation' drops if you don't get a Clover, and things that might need some preparation like having to do Fractals which need Agony Resistance, or playing WvW. The specifics vary depending on what you're making of course, but that's why it's a good idea to check first.

seems my problem was that my right mouse click was busted so it wasnt giving me the prompt to buy   from crafting menu and  that in turn made me assume they werent tradeable items, i'll be done with all this stuff in a week then 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rezzet.3614 said:

seems my problem was that my right mouse click was busted so it wasnt giving me the prompt to buy   from crafting menu and  that in turn made me assume they werent tradeable items, i'll be done with all this stuff in a week then 

Use this next time to calculate mats. It shows what you can buy/craft and which is cheaper right now.

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator

While I can understand timegates when content is first released (to slow the pace and stabilize markets), after a while, that purpose seems to go away - I don't see there being a huge rush of people making ascended equipment right now that would inflate prices of those base materials.

I thought the daily rewards (now wizards vault) was the incentive to log in daily - not sure if daily cool downs help out.

I have enough of those materials that it isn't an issue if I need to make something, but I still find it annoying to have a bunch of daily chores (convert that stack of mithril ingots into mithrilium at 1/day).  I'd much rather these be weekly cooldowns - then I would just know to dedicate an hour or two once/week to deal with all those crafting cooldowns, things that can be purchased 1/day (would rather be 7/week), etc

• Sad 1