wvw population (its FOW everywhere)

faisal.5108

Dear Arena Net Team,

Can you make sure that all 3 teams have equal population in wvw?  its FOW every where.  all 3 maps  are covered by them.  This is totally unfair with other teams.  Its looks like 80% of wvw population is FOW.  

Thanks for your-cooperation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

People complain about 4 weeks links, but then I just played on Deso for a bit last night, it feels like a server frozen in time, because of no links, no bandwagons and mass transfers out for several months. It's not surprising, it used to get linked and bandwagoned by all sorts of players, alot of them got trained and left, just like me, now people just transfer every 2-4 months and play usually on fotm Alts.

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682
  • Like 1

Yesterday in EB we (FoW) had a 30ish man squad defending SM against 2 different stacked blue guilds, while a red squad was acting as decoy attacking the keep and the towers. Seems like the population was lively for all the 3 teams.

Then if you refer to non-prime time, we probably have more coverage but not that much, we are just more aggressive. We suffer against servers with high coverage especially in the weekend mornings (looking at you WSR). During workdays no one plays in any server so who cares.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

23 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

it means that they are much more skilled players because they kill you near your spwan openfield.

You are completely ignoring any notion of population mismatch. If you have 30+ roamers running around farming 5-10 people, it's not about skill. WSR has massive queues most of the time, while their opponents (Elona/Underworld and poor, solo Baruch) have queue on one map during prime time at most. It's just not fun to play against the giant locust swarm.

And even if they are better - shouldn't the tier system be there to provide a level playing field? I feel like this is the biggest problem. Getting absolutely stomped by either better players or an overwhelming majority is just frustrating.

• Like 5

WSR never wanted competition. They could have spread their 100 friends guilds on 5 servers and suddenly would have gotten fights. Instead they decided to map queue together, go on hibernation if they are full (or on alts to annoy other servers) and wait for a new link.

That's why you shouldn't play them. Take a week off, play on off-hours.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 11/27/2023 at 7:22 AM, Jaidy.1824 said:

in t5, we have this atrocity server called WSR. Same thing.

This is true.

I'm on WSR, and with the Anet special of a) link with new vizunah bandwagon server, plus b) opening WSR, it's a complete sheesh show.

We didn't need a link and we should have remained full.

World Restructuring permanently is months and months and months overdue.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, diomache.9246 said:

WSR never wanted competition. They could have spread their 100 friends guilds on 5 servers and suddenly would have gotten fights. Instead they decided to map queue together, go on hibernation if they are full (or on alts to annoy other servers) and wait for a new link.

That's why you shouldn't play them. Take a week off, play on off-hours.

So by your logic, people shouldn't play with friends but you can, and you can go on hibernation when your vs WSR and play on offhours but we can't take a break to try to get the server open.

Aight

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

In Prime time, the FoW takes whole BT maps.  and it goes like 5-6 hours, and we are unable to claim back our (BT) home land.  not a single tower.  the problem is FoW is 50+ in each map.  ArenaNet should think about how to make population equal for each team.   not sure how, but this is what i believe can be achieved.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mat.1628 said:

So by your logic, people shouldn't play with friends but you can, and you can go on hibernation when your vs WSR and play on offhours but we can't take a break to try to get the server open.

Aight

I always play with my friends. Our first plan was to play some Volleyball, but that didn't work out with 8 people in a team. So we got my neighbor, he is ten, but pretty tall for his age. He was the other team. We won btw.

And no, I can't play vs WSR, because the whole server and its link are my friends.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mat.1628 said:

Aight

But do you realize that you're all piled up there? Do you realize that right now on Wednesday at 13.45 EU you have 77000 K+D while there are other teams in other matches (without a link) that do not reach 30000K+D? If we use a random map limit number, do you realize that you have 80 players on the map and others have 30 players? Constantly 24/7.

Can your intuition come close to understanding how the competition is not believable in this way? And when you tell me you're a good player, can you only make me smile?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1