They are selling hero points in the gem store now

14 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

While you are right about this, in a way, it can be skipped for real money, ALL of this can be also skipped with golds and all you have to do is do lets say silverwastes all over again. Some people complain about skipping content but all all these things does is skip the time and NONE of it is pay to win, never ever was in this game cause everything you can just buy with in game currency.

It can be unfair to some, maybe, but anyone who consider this pay to win have no clue what it means and is using the term just because they like it I guess.

p2w means paying for skip content, pay > skip to lvl 80, pay> skip gearing, pay> skip hero point chase, pay> skip grind, if thats not p2w then I must say that black desert isn't pay to win 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Assolador.3598 said:

p2w means paying for skip content, pay > skip to lvl 80, pay> skip gearing, pay> skip hero point chase, pay> skip grind, if thats not p2w then I must say that black desert isn't pay to win 

Pay-to-win actually means paying for a power advantage that cannot be obtained without paying for said power advantage. It's like if legendaries could only be bought for real money (not gems, not convert-gold-to-gems), and everyone else was stuck with exotics.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Tanuki.4603 said:

This community was so fast to screech at Blizzard when we compared GW2 content scheudle to WoW but now you can bypass hours of gameplay with real money wallet investment.

Absolute SHAME on you ArenaNet. We are nothing but coins in your wallet.

Truly disgraceful move and there is no second guessing your intentions anymore.

The community is EXTREMELY disappointed.

First you rebrand living world as expansion and give us less content than living world, and if i'm wrong you're clearly selling unfinished product which i won't even call an expansion seeing as last episode had 20 minute story content, now we're becoming true pay to win.

After 12 years of being a dedicated consumer, I, Unironically shed a tear.

I think people would be more upset if it was impossible to get this feature anywhere else in the game.

They are though and have been in the game since 2017.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Proof_of_Heroics

And there are variants for PoF and EoD. The scroll is literally a noob trap as a similar item exists within the game and is far cheaper when purchased there.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

Pay-to-win actually means paying for a power advantage that cannot be obtained without paying for said power advantage. It's like if legendaries could only be bought for real money (not gems, not convert-gold-to-gems), and everyone else was stuck with exotics.

Give a real example. Most games deemed as p2w, you pay to skip time to get power. Many korean mmos like BDO for example. 

I actually dont know any game where power is exclusive to swipes.

And yeah I consider gw2 p2w, its just not as impactful as many games because timegaps are lower. But you can swipe for legendaries. Cant get more p2w.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

ok, I got your point, but with that said, black desert is not p2w right? everything is grindable there

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I'll be strait: not happy with the implementation of hero points for gems.

Not because I deem it pay to win, but because it is a cash grab of new players which have no idea how little effort hero points are. Similar to the level 80 boost. It seems dishonest to increase grind left and right, then implement ways to skip the few actual enjoyable ways to progress your character. So from that point of view, I agree that this newest sale is off.

What I disagree with here though is the continuous Blizzard lap-dogging. We get it, some of you rediscovered your favorite MMO is WoW. That's fine, go and play that and be happy you are happy there, but spare us the "my MMORPG is better than your MMORPG" because no one gives a kitten.

EDIT:

this post was moved from a similar thread which premise was that Blizzard was better than Anet in the monetization department. Seems that other thread was closed and some posts moved over in case my statement makes less sense here.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

(Whisperimg mode enabled) oy! WvW players out there. Just keep quiet about your Hero Points skip. If @Tanuki.4603 finds out he will make another topic, and belive me, this dude speaks for the whole COMMUNITY. So his word is your word and if he will want your skip to not exist, you will want it too. So ANet will have to bend the knee and delete it.

First rule of the WvW club, there is no testomonies currency. xd

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

No, because players can actually craft legendaries (or even ascended) for the same power advantage.  P2W would be if the item were exclusively available for cash.

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Give a real example. Most games deemed as p2w, you pay to skip time to get power. Many korean mmos like BDO for example. 

I actually dont know any game where power is exclusive to swipes.

And yeah I consider gw2 p2w, its just not as impactful as many games because timegaps are lower. But you can swipe for legendaries. Cant get more p2w.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=list+of+pay+to+win+games

A lot of games, especially mobile games as they have a greater outreach than PC or console, will use pay-to-win tactics to drain wallets. Not a hard concept.

This isn't literally that. This is "pay to skip."

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I think it's fine. But I think the target group is a niche.

Who is the target group anyway?

People who don't like WvW?  People with 60 alts?  New players who play phone games and are too afraid to venture into maps to explore?  People who are to shy to join an HP train?

36 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

Serious question: does this even exist? If so, please give a real example.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

(Whisperimg mode enabled) oy! WvW players out there. Just keep quiet about your Hero Points skip. If op finds out he will make another topic, and belive me, this dude speaks for the whole COMMUNITY. So his word is your word and if he will want your skip to not exist, you will want it too. So ANet will have to bend the knee and delete it.

First rule of the WvW club, there is no testomonies currency. xd

the point is having to play to get your power lol, not paying real money

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

People who don't like WvW?  People with 60 alts?  New players who play phone games and are too afraid to venture into maps to explore?  People who are to shy to join an HP train?

if u don't like doing hero points and wvw, the solution def would not be made it buyable with real money, would be something like wvw coins

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

I don't think it's too bad — 1250 gems for unlocking whole spec?

This is something for people who are tired of running with 40th character through expansion map and doing hero points... or if you want 100% HoT maps, but no one's coming to help you with Vampire/Balthazar/Mushroom Queen HP.

yeah sure, then implement something to skip this grind, like tomes, or wvw coins but for pve, this is a shame for exclusive pve players...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Assolador.3598 said:

if u don't like doing hero points and wvw, the solution def would not be made it buyable with real money, would be something like wvw coins

It was answering who the target audience might be, I didn't say I agreed with the item being in the gem store.  As it is, it's already WvW currency.  So you would have to introduce another way of going about it entirely....dungeon currency?

51 minutes ago, Assolador.3598 said:

No it does not mean this and it never did, skiping does not help you being stronger compare to people who play and take a time doing it. Pay to Win would be if you can buy gear better than legendary ONLY in gem store, if you can buy food that is better than those craftable in the game, if you get lets say faster respawns in pvp, more stats in wvw/pve.....this is nothing like this. You simply need something that gives you "power" advantage over players who do not pay.
And even if there is such an item, it is very questionable in this game because EVERYTHING can be bought with in game golds. Which is very different from other games, BDO included. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3