POP UP TIP WINDOW ANNOYANCE

Zigg E.1086

This seems to be a old thread but it gained new problematic functions this is placed on EVERYthing seems like now with the release of SotO. I mean everything. Ley line ability needed leyline ability off got to turn it on open close rift. I think to myself I KNOW STOP TELLING ME. I shut off my leyline ability. Now getting pop ups in battle and since I use action camera I have to shut it of then move the mouse click to remove the window and then back to action camera this is WAAAAAY too annyoing PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE 6 GODS HAVE A TOGGLE FEATURE. This is ruining my gmaing experience

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

It's the game's way of saying, "listen you, you keep doing this stupid sh!t, you're clearly not getting the message so here it is AGAIN!"

queue bouncing popup message pointing at an icon, "Train Xyz Mastery and you'll get a special action key to press.  Make me happy you ungrateful slob!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/1/2023 at 7:27 AM, Tinker.6924 said:

It's the game's way of saying, "listen you, you keep doing this stupid sh!t, you're clearly not getting the message so here it is AGAIN!"

queue bouncing popup message pointing at an icon, "Train Xyz Mastery and you'll get a special action key to press.  Make me happy you ungrateful slob!"

Thats fine I understand that but it still gives them after I get the ability so now it saying You have your leyline glide off. I am like I know I DONT WANT IT ON I flying past the leyline i dont want to get swept up by it. So its a annoyioce telling me somethign I already know about and am doing something differnt.

• Like 3

Yup, still annoying. Add some checkbox to "never show this message to me again". Make it require a captcha that makes you re-type what the popup says if needed if you want to know the player isn't just closing it without reading. I'd rather type a sentence once than close the same message I already acknowledged 50 times.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It's come to the point I expect to see tooltip pop ups in the real world.

Give it time, they haven't invented proper human neural network interfaces yet so the best they can currently do is send proximity-spam to your phone.

When it happens, expect it to come with AI and blockchain and a bunch of other buzzword nonsense involved, somehow, for some reason.

On 11/30/2023 at 9:40 PM, Zigg E.1086 said:

This seems to be a old thread but it gained new problematic functions this is placed on EVERYthing seems like now with the release of SotO. I mean everything. Ley line ability needed leyline ability off got to turn it on open close rift. I think to myself I KNOW STOP TELLING ME. I shut off my leyline ability. Now getting pop ups in battle and since I use action camera I have to shut it of then move the mouse click to remove the window and then back to action camera this is WAAAAAY too annyoing PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE 6 GODS HAVE A TOGGLE FEATURE. This is ruining my gmaing experience

Seconded.  It's always been annoying, but since SotO launched it now interferes with gameplay.  Show it once, then give us an option to "Don't show this again", and make it account wide. Also, please give us the option to turn off tutorials in the starter areas.  This is my 420th alt. I know how to move my character, lol.

• Like 2

There absolutely needs to be an option to toggle this off. It's so intrusive and persistent. And since SotO it's got a lot lot worse because the system doesn't even remember about the tips it has previously given you, so you're perpetually bombarded with unwanted warnings and tips.

• Like 2

While this is probably about the little pop-ups like "hey, you have this ability you can use for a bit!" and "you can't pick up any more zojja icecream scoops!", I'd like to amend this with a related pop-up: the "this is totally informational and in no way a cheap defensive tactic used by the NPC you are currently fighting" pop-ups.

"Zojja healed someone, and now dares you to try to use a ground target ability to heal your allies!"
"A Kryptis General died, and is now trolling you by making you cast that ground target group heal on yourself, rather than your allies!"
"A turret something something, and you know that ground target ability you were about to use? Hope you'd like to cast it right on yourself!"

It's something that takes up like a quarter of the screen, slightly above the middle of the screen and towards the top, and prevents the use of ground targeting abilities, snapping the target to yourself. I don't mind the messages, I just think they should be click-through.

• Confused 2

Its utterly annoying to no degree. 

Especially when you've no interest in acquiring the mastery & have no reason to need it. I stopped going to the jungle almost entirely bc of the tooltip pop ups everywhere when simply flying from one place to another.

Cannot believe you can't turn this off. 

Will never understand design decisions that intentionally provoke or annoy the player base. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Randin.5701 said:

They really just need to make it so the pop-up will automatically disappear after, I don't know, 10 seconds? No need for it to stay up there forever.

"anet why don't you care about people who read slower?!"

Make a slider in the settings where the player decides how long the tips stay on the screen. Max. 2 minutes, min. 0 seconds. Whoever turns off the tips and then complains that "it wasn't explained anywhere" will be ignored -make that into the final popup when turning off the tips and we're good to go 😄 
Although I still feel adding "don't show this to me again" option per pop up is a better and safer solution.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

It would be indeed nice to have an option in the settings to disable tips and/or tutorials. If they're active by default and players have to go tinker in the settings to disable them, there should be no complaint.

And while we're at it, could you please allow us to have settings that permit to select the intensity/color of damaging/friendly AoEs. Just putting it out there on the Christmas list 😁

#QoLToMakePlayersHappy

Edited by Sirvaleen.1379