VOTE for Anet to remake Ele Pistol

TYTan.5246

VOTE for Anet to remake Ele Pistol  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Context bellow

• Remake weapon
    • I like it

Usually I dont give feed back or write in the forums but this time I felt like I had to.

This weapon feels so bad and should be reworked.

• Elementalist: Pistol - Anet just took a basic Pistol from other class and put bullets with fire/water/etc skins on it... this one needs to be reworked or changed. Jesus Air skills are bad!

- Could have been an amazing idea for Ele but ended up feeling so bad as many people are pointing. Only Water skills feel ok. The bullet system doesnt makes sense and are annoying.

Even the idea of being a wizard with a magical pistol is not present, it just feels like a normal pistol that fires normal bullets but the bullets are on fire or frozen, etc. Where are the beams of fire, firing frozen magic essence that freezes enemys inside a wall of ice, eletrecuting many enemys with eletricity, shoothing magic sand bombs that blind enemys?

An idea Anet, I woul 100% prefer that you made only 5 skills and if we swap attunements we gain only the trait bonuses, but being 5 great skills, than 12 random, clunky, rushed skills.

Edited by TYTan.5246
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

2 hours ago, Barnesy.5839 said:

Why didn't you provide a poll option for people who like ele pistol?

You're going to get a pretty biased sample if the people who like ele pistol don't have a poll option to choose.

As far as I see there are 2 options, those you think it needs to be reworked and those who don't.  Unless it was updated after your post.

In pvp it's a trash fire, just another dps golem weapon from a design perspective. 12 skills and it doesn't have any defense, the self healing is abysmally low and useless at that attack speed.

And the numder balance. My god, what the H Anet. I know it's a condi weapon but the bullets are made of paper and condi application is nothing to write home about. With it's skill set the only role it has is standing, uncontested and spamming damage skills that barely do damage and it has zero skills for kiting. Scepter at least has blinds and synergy with off-hands.

You can bump up the numbers all you want but it's only playstyle is hopefully killing your enemy before they kill you because it has no way to stay alive, self healing is pointless on this weapon because you don't do enough damage or can survive long enough to make it any sort of a benefit, and it doesn't benefit allies so whats the point if it barely helps you. And only two of the skills are projectile finishers, couldn't even give us a 33% chance of projectile finisher on some of the AA's. And all the condi traits favor close range combat so it's really hard to see a usefulness in a lot of the traits.

could be that I suck but I struggle to find an actual playstyle or role for it, but the only reason to use the weapon is if it does the highest dps because it doesn't have the ability to spec for more survieability like sword and dagger, and everything can be reflected unlike the scepter. It does nothing but selfish dps and sucks at it.

Edited by ScottBroChill.3254
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They missed an opportunity to include arch lightning that damages an AOE or bounces between enemies for lightning attunement. Lightning is very boring. Earth seems okay. Fire deals good damage, but is boring. But also has the most fun #2skill which is saying a lot. And I forget water exists. 

It seems more of a focus on practicality than fun. Which now seems to be a reoccurring theme.

Edited by eXistence.3876
More than just 2 cents
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Barnesy.5839 said:

Why didn't you provide a poll option for people who like ele pistol?

You're going to get a pretty biased sample if the people who like ele pistol don't have a poll option to choose.

Because the goal wasn't to get an unbiased sample on pistol. 

With the current poll options, one can report "100% of respondents think pistol is ok or worse. Anet failed at making an engaging weapon!11!!!1!!" 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The animations need a lot of work. Fire 2 and earth 2 are multiple target abilities but you can barely tell cause the bullets are micro shrapnels. The weapon in general just feels like a normal gun without any Ele flare to it. If anything, use Air auto as inspiration. At least you can see the bullets fly. 

I only spam air 3 cause it's a leap finisher, but still pretty useless. Not sure why air 2 has a 5 sec window. Spamming skills and attunement swapping as fast as possible shouldn't be encouraged. 

Most fun attunement as water 2 & 3 for me. They're fast, and easy to use. Both are great for combos. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:44 PM, TYTan.5246 said:

Usually I dont give feed back or write in the forums but this time I felt like I had to.

This weapon feels so bad and should be reworked.

• Elementalist: Pistol - Anet just took a basic Pistol from other class and put bullets with fire/water/etc skins on it... this one needs to be reworked or changed. Jesus Air skills are bad!

- Could have been an amazing idea for Ele but ended up feeling so bad as many people are pointing. Only Water skills feel ok. The bullet system doesnt makes sense and are annoying.

Even the idea of being a wizard with a magical pistol is not present, it just feels like a normal pistol that fires normal bullets but the bullets are on fire or frozen, etc. Where are the beams of fire, firing frozen magic essence that freezes enemys inside a wall of ice, eletrecuting many enemys with eletricity, shoothing magic sand bombs that blind enemys?

An idea Anet, I woul 100% prefer that you made only 5 skills and if we swap attunements we gain only the trait bonuses, but being 5 great skills, than 12 random, clunky, rushed skills.

Its just a BETA.. they'll work on this later.. dont be hasty man.. when the new daily system changed A LOT OF PEOPLE(and that includes ME) asked to change back to the old and  A LOT PEOPLE HATED(include me too). Now people loved and is much better than the other.

• Confused 4

16 hours ago, China.5268 said:

Its just a BETA.. they'll work on this later.. dont be hasty man.. when the new daily system changed A LOT OF PEOPLE(and that includes ME) asked to change back to the old and  A LOT PEOPLE HATED(include me too). Now people loved and is much better than the other.

If we don’t hear about a followup beta soon or the next thing we hear after beta ends is a release date for the weapons then there will be no changes to anything beyond simple numbers tweeks, animations, and visuals.

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 3:19 AM, eXistence.3876 said:

They missed an opportunity to include arch lightning that damages an AOE or bounces between enemies for lightning attunement. Lightning is very boring. Earth seems okay. Fire deals good damage, but is boring. But also has the most fun #2skill which is saying a lot. And I forget water exists. 

It seems more of a focus on practicality than fun. Which now seems to be a reoccurring theme.

Air being boring almost feels deliberate. They designated it as a condi weapon and then gave no damaging conditions to air. You're obviously not supposed to stay in it for long.

17 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Air being boring almost feels deliberate. They designated it as a condi weapon and then gave no damaging conditions to air. You're obviously not supposed to stay in it for long.

They could have easily put confusion, torment or poison on this attunment. Well, Air is more "lightning" than "air" so poison is probably out. Torment could be seen as the lingering effect of the character's muscle twitching after an electric shock and confusion would be a mental reaction due to the electric choc. Anyway, the devs probably just didn't want to really try.

As for whether the pistol is condi or not, the devs tend to try to make elementalists' weapons work for both power and condi.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

They could have easily put confusion, torment or poison on this attunment. Well, Air is more "lightning" than "air" so poison is probably out. Torment could be seen as the lingering effect of the character's muscle twitching after an electric shock and confusion would be a mental reaction due to the electric choc. Anyway, the devs probably just didn't want to really try.

As for whether the pistol is condi or not, the devs tend to try to make elementalists' weapons work for both power and condi.

My previous post was a case of saying it as it appeared to be, not how it should be - it wasn't intended as an excuse at all. There's ample precedent in engineer for linking confusion to electricity, they absolutely could make air work with an explicit condition weapon if they cared enough.

Well, I voted no on the premise I like the idea of the pistol and how it should work. I just think it needs some TLC with how some the skills work like with air to make it good. The graphics are coming I hope, so I am not worried about that as well. Overall, I like the general direction of it. It just needs some more oven time.

If you look skill for skill its a far better then dagger main hand and ppl love d/d eles seeing how dagger is the main competition for the pistol being more of an utility wepon then as pure dps wepon like an scpter. Imagen if dagger main had had any thing close to what pistol can do. (Dagger i think is out classed MH by every thing at this point. Its more of less just an fun wepon with an few utility only uses for support builds and tankly builds ALL that would use an pistol far more effectively.)

Keep in mind some of the skills have effects on them that the skills do not tell you (its hard to tell if they where bug or intended.)

8 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

My previous post was a case of saying it as it appeared to be, not how it should be - it wasn't intended as an excuse at all. There's ample precedent in engineer for linking confusion to electricity, they absolutely could make air work with an explicit condition weapon if they cared enough.

If "ice" is going to be bleed odds are air "lighting" going to be at best burning i would love to see torment and confusion but anet dose not seem to want to give though condi types to the ele class at an pure class only level.

• Sad 1

As I said, there is precedent to linking electricity to confusion.

ArenaNet might have decided that confusion doesn't fit with elementalist themes. I'd consider that to be a weak argument - if the logic is that confusion is a mental condition, magic elementalist electricity should be more able to mess with the nervous system to achieve that effect than physical engineer lightning, if anything. Confusion hasn't been mesmer-only for a while, nor is it a strong enough condition to need special care over what it's given to.

If pistol is to be a designated condi weapon, air should get some condition access. The strongest precedent is for confusion. Burning is a possibility. Could do something like mesmer dagger where every third hit inflicts burning if every hit is too much. But having nothing feels like it's just been abandoned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 11:34 PM, Panda.1967 said:

I like the mechanics of the pistol… and I do think it could be a good weapon… just not a good mainhand weapon… it should just be turned into an offhand.

actually yes, move the weapon to offhand, remove auto attack and allow us to have 2 ranged offensive weapons with scepter main hand and pistol offhand that might actually be really good... as it is right now i am never using pistol over scepter for anything in main hand...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is gonna be funny as catalyst , manage your energy , your EE stacks , your sweaty rotation and the "ammo" from pistol... i really wanted a full oreinted support mainhand , dagger and sword have very narrow utility as support due to elementalist "so great" versatility. Wasn't expecting anything from pistol , so i am really not that pondering.

• Thanks 1