The Dungeon Rush is fun, but might be a bit to hard, specialy for the reward

12 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I think you exaggerate just a little there. 16 paths in 1 hour is 3 minutes 45 seconds per path, including all the unskippable dialogue and loading screens.

Looking at the speedrun.com rankings there are only a couple of dungeons that can be done that quickly. Most of them take at least 4-6 minutes, or even as long as 15 minutes. The data is very thin but some of these runs were done in the last 8 months, i.e. during the last bonus event. I'm also not sure how these are timed but to complete them all "within an hour" you'd need to factor in moving between dungeons and starting each path too, which across 16 paths will quickly add up.

But yes in terms of the general point, you could do all dungeons in just a couple of hours quite easily, so shouldn't be struggling to do two in one hour. But then this is the difference between people who are speed runners, people who have at least run the dungeon in the past, and people who have never touched them.

You no longer need to wait for uncontested dungeon entrances since everything is there in LA.  You can also park someplace in LA that's clear of other persons and loads quickly (~5 seconds).  Doing 16 paths in ~1h is possible, just not probable. You need to nail all the skips and not run into any bugs (Basically impossible) .  You can merge some paths together (And they all count towards the progress).   The best I've gotten with my previous group is a bit over an hour and a half for all 16 paths.

10 hours ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

You no longer need to wait for uncontested dungeon entrances since everything is there in LA.  You can also park someplace in LA that's clear of other persons and loads quickly (~5 seconds).  Doing 16 paths in ~1h is possible, just not probable. You need to nail all the skips and not run into any bugs (Basically impossible) .  You can merge some paths together (And they all count towards the progress).   The best I've gotten with my previous group is a bit over an hour and a half for all 16 paths.

It's the extreme exception though. I wouldn't use it as comparison to someone who struggled on just a couple for over two hours. Like you say, getting a smooth run with no bugs, achieving every skip perfectly first time, basically impossible.

10 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

3 manned whole thing today. No idea any mechanics, probably 5 times we tried to do path that did need more than 3 players. Did take like 6 hours. We got lost in arah too. 😆

This is probably more like the average experience, I'd say doing every path in a single evening is what is to be expected from a group of competent players with some who don't necessarily know all the mechanics, and certainly aren't performing all the skips.

Probably nobody will really learn the mechanics lol. I just run with the group and there always seems to be one guy that has played dungeons before. At least in the story modes I did do far. (First time to finally get the achievements done.) You don't really remember anything that way. 😄

(But other then going for 1-time completion of ever explorable path for the achievements there is no real incentive - if you have a ton of tokens from reward tracks alraedy and having the vendor unlocked because you had done Arah story before they made changes to the vendor system requiring explorables for some stuff.)

It's fun when some champs die like a normal veteran outside in EoD maps. (Or even faster.) Because of the power creep.

Edited by Luthan.5236

7 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Probably nobody will really learn the mechanics lol. I just run with the group and there always seems to be one guy that has played dungeons before. At least in the story modes I did do far. (First time to finally get the achievements done.) You don't really remember anything that way. 😄

(But other then going for 1-time completion of ever explorable path for the achievements there is no real incentive - if you have a ton of tokens from reward tracks alraedy and having the vendor unlocked because you had done Arah story before they made changes to the vendor system requiring explorables for some stuff.)

It's fun when some champs die like a normal veteran outside in EoD maps. (Or even faster.) Because of the power creep.

yes , dungeons bosses and adds hit hard , but have very low hp with the power creep we have now , feels like a legendary has +- same hp of an élite kryptis

i just started solo'ing the instances, with a LFG list up, and people soon joined. (except cad mannor..where I actually solo'd it all until 3 people joined just in time to see me solo kill the final boss as they walked to me.... but that was my fault for doing it at a really off time).

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 1:42 PM, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

yeah, one of the main reason i enjoy GW2, and it is the only mmorpg i am playing since almost 10 years now is, that GW2 was used to be the casuall friendly community, nowdays its still on of the best and friendliest community in the mmorpg genre, but there seems to be a minor hardcore/tryhard audience nowdays too, that want to force their gameplay-style to everyone.

You should play the build and class that is FUN for you, and not the build/class that is top 5 on metabattle...
Yes GW2 is an casuall/horizontal progression game, but at same time GW2 is one of the most difficulty MMORPGs out there too. (just do the /deaths and /age command and look how often you died in gw2... in most mmorpgs you can pull half the map and 2 shot them, in gw2 if you pull 3-4 mobs there is already high chance you might die)

Me personally have 3 deaths/h on average, and that includes tons of afk time, story time and cutscene time... So in reallity its even higher. Tell me one other mmorpg where you die 3 or more times per hour on average 😄

My goodness, look how "friendly" you are, calling people tryhards in every post, just because they can play the game well, and you don't. I don't see how other people's skill is the reason to insult them, because you crawl through 10 year old content with zero knowledge, to later complain it takes too long. Quite a feat, to be both condescending, and ignorant at the same time. Part of me wishes you are trolling with the theory about game's difficulty, judged by amount of deaths per hour.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 12/5/2023 at 10:24 PM, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

I like the idea of the new dungeon rush event, however, doing this with a public group is bit rough.

I had no issue doing one path per dungeon with PUGs, to be honest, including Arah. It all went pretty smoothly for PUGs and didn't take long.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Having just completed my dungeon rush a couple of days ago, I was suddenly reminded of the most OP trash mob in Guild Wars 2... These denizens of the Ruined City of Arah make raptors, smokescales, mordrem snipers, awakened canids all seem like they hit like wet noodles...

Elite Dominated Deadeye - take a bow!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elite_Dominated_Deadeye

you do not have to watch the cut scenes. 
there are many very short exporable paths.

if you have high dps and 1 support it goes pretty fast. Expecially if you just tank it all with scourge barriers and 4 glass cannons. 

You can make molten boss fractal take long too. Or you can grab 4 high dps and a scourge and just melt the boss.

47 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

Having just completed my dungeon rush a couple of days ago, I was suddenly reminded of the most OP trash mob in Guild Wars 2... These denizens of the Ruined City of Arah make raptors, smokescales, mordrem snipers, awakened canids all seem like they hit like wet noodles...

This is why I used to hate arah before HoT came out. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 10:24 PM, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

took us a decent hour to finish the ascalon and arah dungeon.

Unless you're talking about 3 explorable AC and 1 explorable Arah that is what kids today refer to as "skill issue".

It's not Anet's fault something is taking too long for you considering you can just.. do the story paths in every dungeon then do P2(quickest) or P3(easiest) on Arah, bam, you have all the dungeon related achievements done.

Alternatively you can just do the explorable paths in AC, CM and TA, throw the story on top of it and you've done 10 paths already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

They suck, but they apply a debuff to your bar and, if you dodge right before it goes away, you evade all the damage.

• Like 1

After completing the achievement, I made an interesting discovery. For the cape, you only need to complete 10 runs. It does not matter what you do. You can complete 10 different dungeon paths or DRM. You can even repeat the same path/DRM multiple times to get progression for the achievement.

The DRM only work when you are the instance owner, so just do them in a private instance. Private instances are 100 % soloable. Which means you can technically run 10x DRM. And if you do not own IBS? You can either do

On 12/8/2023 at 3:44 PM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Alternatively you can just do the explorable paths in AC, CM and TA, throw the story on top of it and you've done 10 paths already.

Or do your favorite dungeon path(s) multiple times.

Hopefully this helps those who still struggle with the achievement.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

After completing the achievement, I made an interesting discovery. For the cape, you only need to complete 10 runs. It does not matter what you do. You can complete 10 different dungeon paths or DRM. You can even repeat the same path/DRM multiple times to get progression for the achievement.

The DRM only work when you are the instance owner, so just do them in a private instance. Private instances are 100 % soloable. Which means you can technically run 10x DRM. And if you do not own IBS? You can either do

Or do your favorite dungeon path(s) multiple times.

Hopefully this helps those who still struggle with the achievement.

On my main I just did 7 story dungeons and did 3 AC Explorables, couldn't be bothered to do Arah and DRMs. On my alt I did AC, TA and Arah explorables only. 
Whichever people prefer, so, it's a pretty tame and easy achievement.

• Like 1

The "dungeon rush champion" main achievement says "complete any dungeon path or drm mission". Nothing in that achievement points at completion of the other achievements. Any dungeon path or drm can be spammed whatever number of times until 10 are completed.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

On 12/6/2023 at 10:21 AM, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I think you exaggerate just a little there. 16 paths in 1 hour is 3 minutes 45 seconds per path, including all the unskippable dialogue and loading screens.

Looking at the speedrun.com rankings there are only a couple of dungeons that can be done that quickly. Most of them take at least 4-6 minutes, or even as long as 15 minutes. The data is very thin but some of these runs were done in the last 8 months, i.e. during the last bonus event. I'm also not sure how these are timed but to complete them all "within an hour" you'd need to factor in moving between dungeons and starting each path too, which across 16 paths will quickly add up.

But yes in terms of the general point, you could do all dungeons in just a couple of hours quite easily, so shouldn't be struggling to do two in one hour. But then this is the difference between people who are speed runners, people who have at least run the dungeon in the past, and people who have never touched them.

Are these records with all exploits dungeon speedrunners use? Mapbreaks with thief and merging paths together. some paths are as fast as 2min. There are ways to skip the dialogue too.

I saw a 1h:20m dungeon fullclear video once but cannot find it anymore. a thief was mapbreaking in almost every single path.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Are these records with all exploits dungeon speedrunners use? Mapbreaks with thief and merging paths together. some paths are as fast as 2min. There are ways to skip the dialogue too.

I saw a 1h:20m dungeon fullclear video once but cannot find it anymore. a thief was mapbreaking in almost every single path.

Pretty sure they are all any% runs, so skips are probably permitted.

Either way doing every dungeon path in under an hour from forming your party to completing the last path is maybe a little bit of a stretch still, I will concede maybe not outside the realms of possibility though. Either way it's not really an appropriate comparison for someone struggling two hours on a single path. It also bears noting that you don't have to complete every dungeon path for the rush event, just one path from each dungeon.

As it happens I completed the dungeon rush achievements yesterday, I did the whole thing with lfg, so only public parties. It took me about two hours total, I joined a couple of different parties and we dropped and gained members a couple of times between dungeons as well. The largest portion of time was spent doing Arah, I had to pull up the wiki and explain the encounters to the group but it was mostly painless if you have a little patience. Finally I did my dragon response mission solo, one random joined my instance half way through, but they scale down to be easy to solo.

My opinion on the original posters question is that it is not at all too difficult for the rewards. Dungeons throw a surprising amount of loot at you for the time investment, then you get a skin at the end of the achievements. It is a positive thing that Anet even brings attention back to this old content at all. None of it is difficult, but it is no surprise that most players have either never touched dungeons or haven't revisited them for years. You have a week to dedicate 2-3 hours of time to the game, not really a tall order in my opinion.

Edited by Remus Darkblight.1673

Managed to do all story paths (7, the Arah one was already soloable in the core personal story of the game), 1 DRM (solo), first Arah explorable - for the achievements. Then filling up (one more explorable needed) and while at it doing the other ones as well: The 3 explorable paths from AC and the Manor (first two dungeons). One from Twilight Arbor (the easier paths).

Not sure if I can do more in the next hours but I am satisfied. Will do the other explorables at another rush or checking the lfg every now and then if some random groups are doing achievements and having a "no requirements" group there. (Hardest I think was the ghost eather, P2 in AC, figuring out the mechanics without the wiki but someone explained us in chat. And the room in the manor where pillows can block some steel spikes? Weird mechanics lol.)

I wonder though ... if the lfg for dungeons could be changed now. Raids do not have one for each raid. With not that many groups there (especially outside the rush event) ... might make sense to have a  a story/explorable or training/experienced thing there as well. Instead of 8 sections.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

The reward is totally balanced for players that have a good grasp of the various dungeon paths as, when you know them well, several path can be done under 10 min. From an experienced player point of view, one just need an hour and a half to get the 8 paths reward.

However, it's true that inexperienced players can easily waste hours on a single path so it's understandable that the reward can be seen as lackluster from the perspective of a player that have yet to master the various dungeon paths.

I don't really see any realistic way to make dungeons paths rewards feel worth the time of the inexperienced players, thought. And, granted that the devs more or less abandoned them long ago in favor of fractal content, I doubt that there will be a lot of effort invested by the developper in order to make them more attractive.

On point, thought, theoretically there are rare drops that can be found in dungeons paths but, from experience, they have an infinitesimally small drop rate. Maybe it's just my luck that's bad but despite countless dungeon run I never ever had the pleasure of seeing those drops in any of my parties. I could only see them in the trading post. I could say that increasing the probability to encounter those objects could spark some interest in dungeon path however those are merely early game object so I doubt that it's worth a try.